Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #1006
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
I didn't want to be that low, but it's making the trip possible...afterall, we won't be in there much other than to shower and sleep.

Now, I have to decide if I want to fly in the night before or the day of.....I'm real concerned with flying in the day of the cruise...looking into options for the night before...I like the Hyatt, but I think it is overpriced...we could go to a value, but then we'd have to get over the the Swan/Dolphin for the bus...so I just might consider staying there. I don't think Disney has bus service there, so I have to figure how to get there.....
Great news, Cheri! My last two DCL cruises were on deck 2, and I'll be there again on the Fantasy. Deck 2 is close to all the dining rooms and the stuff going on in the atrium. I also like paying less!

I would STRONGLY suggest that you arrive at least the day before the cruise. The times I have stayed at the airport, I've gotten a cheap hotel room from Priceline.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #1007
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Great news, Cheri! My last two DCL cruises were on deck 2, and I'll be there again on the Fantasy. Deck 2 is close to all the dining rooms and the stuff going on in the atrium. I also like paying less!

I would STRONGLY suggest that you arrive at least the day before the cruise. The times I have stayed at the airport, I've gotten a cheap hotel room from Priceline.
You must like Deck 2 and that's good to hear .....I think I have decided to arrive on Friday.....I figure we can take an afternoon flight after she gets out of school....arrive early evening and try to stay at the Swan/Dolphin...which ever the Team gets us a deal at. I've called the resort, and they deal with Mears for transportation from MCO...the price isn't bad either. Maybe if we get in early enough, we can go to DTD for dinner and a little Disney fix before the cruise....or hang around the boardwalk...

For PCC 2.0, there were a number of people that set up a group breakfast at Fresh (I think) before getting to the buses...maybe that can be done again, as I didn't make that one.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #1008
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

I’m sure breakfasts will be organized as we get closer . And once we find out what deals the crew made for hotels. We did Boma for PCC 2.
If we’re at the Swan/Dolphin, hanging out on the Boardwalk sounds uncomplicated. Probably will do breakfast at hotel.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #1009
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Cheri - so glad everything is working out for you to stay cruisin'!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #1010
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Ok, folks...I'm in !!!! Just sent Tracey an email to make the changes...as soon as I hear back from her, I will update our cabin number....had to move from Deck 7 to Deck 2, but I'm ok with that.
That's great news! Deck 2 shouldn't be bad. At least youll still be there.

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #1011
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

When we do not stay on Disney property pre-cruise, we often stay at Crowne Plaza / Airport (one night). It's often under $100, and many of the airline pilots stay there. It's a nice, clean facility ... and we think it's a good value. This year, we were thinking of staying at the Hyatt, since we will be arrive Friday, after 9:30PM. With that in mind, has anyone else had experience with bookings at the Hyatt? We keep seeing that the bookings are non-refundable - even on Priceline!?

I understand we can book a room at the Hyatt with breakfast included, and we understand how smooth it can be to wake up, and walk downstairs for the shuttle. It's just the two of us, so the cost of a shuttle is not much more than a rental car. However, if DU is offering a shuttle, it might be nice to ride that shuttle. Sooooo, I guess it might make sense for me (us) to wait to see if there is a special rate for Swan / Dolphin? We've never stayed there before.

Your thoughts / input would be appreciated!

=====

DECK 2: Welcome to Deck 2! We often sail on Deck 2 (midship). We find we are able to cruise more often when we opt for deck 2. When we are a party of more than two, we often upgrade to deck 6 or 7 verandah (Wonder / Magic). When we sailed the TransAtlantic, we originally booked deck 2, but were upgraded to a verandah. We often invite friends to meet us at our stateroom prior to dinner / entertainment ... so everyone could relax on the verandah. On some of the sea days, we order a cheese platter ... crack open a bottle of wine AND champagne ... as well as a can or two of beer, and a BOX-o-MOJITO.

Steven

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)

Last edited by sdlong329; 02-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #1012
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
When we do not stay on Disney property pre-cruise, we often stay at Crowne Plaza / Airport (one night). It's often under $100, and many of the airline pilots stay there. It's a nice, clean facility ... and we think it's a good value. This year, we were thinking of staying at the Hyatt, since we will be arrive Friday, after 9:30PM. With that in mind, has anyone else had experience with bookings at the Hyatt? We keep seeing that the bookings are non-refundable - even on Priceline!?

I understand we can book a room at the Hyatt with breakfast included, and we understand how smooth it can be to wake up, and walk downstairs for the shuttle. It's just the two of us, so the cost of a shuttle is not much more than a rental car. However, if DU is offering a shuttle, it might be nice to ride that shuttle. Sooooo, I guess it might make sense for me (us) to wait to see if there is a special rate for Swan / Dolphin? We've never stayed there before.

Your thoughts / input would be appreciated!

=====

DECK 2: Welcome to Deck 2! We often sail on Deck 2 (midship). We find we are able to cruise more often when we opt for deck 2. When we are a party of more than two, we often upgrade to deck 6 or 7 verandah (Wonder / Magic). When we sailed the TransAtlantic, we originally booked deck 2, but were upgraded to a verandah. We often invite friends to meet us at our stateroom prior to dinner / entertainment ... so everyone could relax on the verandah. On some of the sea days, we order a cheese platter ... crack open a bottle of wine AND champagne ... as well as a can or two of beer, and a BOX-o-MOJITO.

Steven
We stayed at the Hyatt in 2010....the room was very nice, clean and comfortable....it was so great to get up, have breakfast (not included) and head down to ME to get the bus....my only gripe, was the cost (and non refundable)....this time, I'm going for the Swan/Dolphin, I'm sure it will be just a nice and about half the price.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #1013
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
You are right about that.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #1014
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Cheri - so glad everything is working out for you to stay cruisin'!
Me too !!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #1015
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Hey everyone! On board the Dream ~ will post when I return!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #1016
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Can't wait to hear about it. Have a wonderful time !!!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #1017
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Have fun. Sooo wishing I was on a cruise right now.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #1018
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
Deck 2 isn't "bad" at all! When you're inside your cabin, you can't tell that you're on deck 2 vs. any other deck. The Enchanted Garden is just down the hall, and you're close to the theaters and dining rooms on decks 3 and 4. The only thing you aren't close to is deck 11 - and I spend very little time up there.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #1019
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Deck 2 isn't "bad" at all! When you're inside your cabin, you can't tell that you're on deck 2 vs. any other deck. The Enchanted Garden is just down the hall, and you're close to the theaters and dining rooms on decks 3 and 4. The only thing you aren't close to is deck 11 - and I spend very little time up there.
We were on Deck 2 for a Dream cruise last year and that is why we liked it. We were so close to everything!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #1020
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Here's another encouragement for a deck 2 experience...

In all of my cruises I have never been in a "bad" cabin. I always find it amusing how folks get so worked up about the cabin location. You are on the ship - everything is available to you - enjoy!

Middle, upper, lower, aft, or forward - it's still on the ship - so the fun comes along with me!

I suspect you'll enjoy your cruise just wonderful no matter where your cabin is - and since you are saving money - so much the better!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: