Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #991
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Well.....it doesn't look good for us to remain on this cruise. I've trimmed all the expenses that I can, and I even got quotes on cheaper cabins...it helps, but not sure it will be enough....I'm really bummed out right now...we still have to talk a little this weekend, but I think the outcome will be that we have to cancel this cruise and move the money to a dummy cruise next year....hopefully another PCC cruise.......
The cruise is more than 10 months away, and the final payment isn't due (for Silver and above) until early September. Surely something will turn around for you between now and then, so I wouldn't give up this early. Have a garage sale, sell stuff on Craigslist, cut back on household expenses, etc.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #992
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well.....it doesn't look good for us to remain on this cruise. I've trimmed all the expenses that I can, and I even got quotes on cheaper cabins...it helps, but not sure it will be enough....I'm really bummed out right now...we still have to talk a little this weekend, but I think the outcome will be that we have to cancel this cruise and move the money to a dummy cruise next year....hopefully another PCC cruise.......
Ooo, Cheri. Hope it all turns out. Was looking forward to you guys being able to come on PCC.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #993
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post
That is a predicament I can see! The good news is you have until August to make a call unless you need your deposit money back.

We've saved money by learning to fly with only or mostly carry on luggage. With only two of us on our last two cruises (one of which was a a 10 day cruise) we took three bags (two carry on bags for our individual needs and then a shared garment bag checked).
I have to imagine $50 in bag fees round trip would be cheaper than shipping (not to mention less hassle all around) round trip. We learn to take toiletries small enough that we use and toss and even take old underwear or socks that are about to go to the grave and we end up coming home lighter than we arrived!

Good luck in your decision making - I hope your story ends up as I suspect mine is.

I did get the new position and will begin working 2/27, so I get a month of honey do's it would appear..
We did have that much time and shipping wouldn't be an issue since I work for a shipping company. That said, we are not going to go on PCC trip. It kills me inside not too, because this is one of those things I want to (bucket list thing LOL). We decided that we would use the money to put on a future cruise we have and begin to pay that down. For the last 2 years, we have tried to do vacations that may have been stretching our dollars too thin. I was already losing sleep over the trip in December. I would rather not stress about it now. Especially since I'm working on a promotion and as things get closer to Christmas time, work picks up and I don't want it to hurt my chances at moving up.

I wish you all well and hope you all have a great time!

Jonathan
Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #994
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
We did have that much time and shipping wouldn't be an issue since I work for a shipping company. That said, we are not going to go on PCC trip. It kills me inside not too, because this is one of those things I want to (bucket list thing LOL). We decided that we would use the money to put on a future cruise we have and begin to pay that down. For the last 2 years, we have tried to do vacations that may have been stretching our dollars too thin. I was already losing sleep over the trip in December. I would rather not stress about it now. Especially since I'm working on a promotion and as things get closer to Christmas time, work picks up and I don't want it to hurt my chances at moving up.

I wish you all well and hope you all have a great time!

Jonathan
I'm sorry you won't be on this cruise, but I think you made the right decision.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #995
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
UPDATE!!!! I came up with another plan and I just might be able to work this out...my DD and her boyfriend definately can't make it on this cruise...but I asked my DD if I could take my DGD and she said yes...so I emailed Tracey to change the reservation from 4 to 2, and asked for quotes on downgrading the cabin. I should know something later this week....keep your fingers crossed for me and send some Pixie Dust my way...Please...I really want to go with you all.....

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #996
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
UPDATE!!!! I came up with another plan and I just might be able to work this out...my DD and her boyfriend definately can't make it on this cruise...but I asked my DD if I could take my DGD and she said yes...so I emailed Tracey to change the reservation from 4 to 2, and asked for quotes on downgrading the cabin. I should know something later this week....keep your fingers crossed for me and send some Pixie Dust my way...Please...I really want to go with you all.....
Thanks for the update! However, I'm confused. I though your daughter was paying for 3 people when she was going to go and you were paying just for yourself. Now you would be paying for 2 people. It would be less expensive for you to go as a single or look for a roommate. In any case - I am glad you haven't ruled out the cruise!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #997
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Thanks for the update! However, I'm confused. I though your daughter was paying for 3 people when she was going to go and you were paying just for yourself. Now you would be paying for 2 people. It would be less expensive for you to go as a single or look for a roommate. In any case - I am glad you haven't ruled out the cruise!
I haven't heard back from Tracey yet, but from what I can see on DCL website it's do-able. The money that my daughter has already paid on the cruise is about half of Rachael's fare, and that will remain.....so if I pay the full remainder it's the amount if I went alone. My DD has agreed to help me with the airfare, transfers...ext for Rachael. Besides, I just don't want to go alone....it's much more fun to have someone to share it with....at this point I still have hope...and I'm hanging onto it.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #998
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't heard back from Tracey yet, but from what I can see on DCL website it's do-able. The money that my daughter has already paid on the cruise is about half of Rachael's fare, and that will remain.....so if I pay the full remainder it's the amount if I went alone. My DD has agreed to help me with the airfare, transfers...ext for Rachael. Besides, I just don't want to go alone....it's much more fun to have someone to share it with....at this point I still have hope...and I'm hanging onto it.
I can understand not wanting to go alone, and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your granddaughter! Hope is good...we'll all hope with you!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #999
Cherinva

Ok, folks...I'm in !!!! Just sent Tracey an email to make the changes...as soon as I hear back from her, I will update our cabin number....had to move from Deck 7 to Deck 2, but I'm ok with that.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #1000
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, folks...I'm in !!!! Just sent Tracey an email to make the changes...as soon as I hear back from her, I will update our cabin number....had to move from Deck 7 to Deck 2, but I'm ok with that.
Cool. Soo glad you were able to get things worked out.

BTW - will there be a meet in VA this year?
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Old 02-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #1001
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
Cool. Soo glad you were able to get things worked out.

BTW - will there be a meet in VA this year?
Me too. No one has talked about a meet this year...I know Melissa has her hands full with school....and with the cruise in December, I don't think i could set something up this year.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #1002
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like Deck 2. We are on 10 this time, but wishing we were on 2.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #1003
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I like Deck 2. We are on 10 this time, but wishing we were on 2.
I didn't want to be that low, but it's making the trip possible...afterall, we won't be in there much other than to shower and sleep.

Now, I have to decide if I want to fly in the night before or the day of.....I'm real concerned with flying in the day of the cruise...looking into options for the night before...I like the Hyatt, but I think it is overpriced...we could go to a value, but then we'd have to get over the the Swan/Dolphin for the bus...so I just might consider staying there. I don't think Disney has bus service there, so I have to figure how to get there.....

Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1004
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't want to be that low, but it's making the trip possible...afterall, we won't be in there much other than to shower and sleep.

Now, I have to decide if I want to fly in the night before or the day of.....I'm real concerned with flying in the day of the cruise...looking into options for the night before...I like the Hyatt, but I think it is overpriced...we could go to a value, but then we'd have to get over the the Swan/Dolphin for the bus...so I just might consider staying there. I don't think Disney has bus service there, so I have to figure how to get there.....
We have a ressie at Movies for day before. If DU comes up with a deal at Swan/Dolphin, we'll switch. I hope they do a deal at Swan/Dolphin, haven't stayed there yet.
What is an FE?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #1005
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
We have a ressie at Movies for day before. If DU comes up with a deal at Swan/Dolphin, we'll switch. I hope they do a deal at Swan/Dolphin, haven't stayed there yet.
I was thinking about staying at the Hyatt friday night and taking the DCL bus to port, but then I remembered how much fun it was meeting up at the Swan (I think) and taking the DU bus to port. Besides the DU bus is cheaper than the DCL bus....I think I'm going to wait to see if they get any deals with Swan/Dolphin.....hopefully we will know before I have to make the airline reservation....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: