Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #916
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Happy New Year Everyone....now we can say that we are going on PCC 4.0 this year !!!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #917
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!!!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #918
Cherinva

Hey Everyone....sorry I haven't been around for a while....it's been a rough start to the new year.....I lost my little girl dog (Tasia) a few days ago. She was very old, and wasn't able to do anything for herself anymore. It was a very hard decision to make, but I know it was the right thing to do. The house is so quiet now...and the other dogs are sad too. I just keep giving them attention and letting them know that they are loved.

The day after...I came into work to find out that my boss's husband died in his sleep that same night....what a shock!!!! I just saw him at our Christmas party a few weeks ago...he sat next to me at our table, and nothing was wrong. We don't know all the details yet...it's so sad. Everyone at work it real quiet....it's hard to deal with right now.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer...just wanted to explain where my head is right now. I have to start taking down the christmas stuff tonight and get the house back in order...that should keep me busy for the weekend.

We are closing in on the 11 month mark this weekend

Last edited by Cherinva; 01-09-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #919
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Hey Everyone....sorry I haven't been around for a while....it's been a rough start to the new year.....I lost my little girl dog (Tasia) a few days ago. She was very old, and wasn't able to do anything for herself anymore. It was a very hard decision to make, but I know it was the right thing to do. The house is so quiet now...and the other dogs are sad too. I just keep giving them attention and letting them know that they are loved.

The day after...I can into work to find out that my boss's husband died in his sleep that same night....what a shock!!!! I just saw him at our Christmas party a few weeks ago...he sat next to me at our table, and nothing was wrong. We don't know all the details yet...it's so sad. Everyone at work it real quiet....it's hard to deal with right now.
Prayers are with your boss.

And with you. It is a hard decision to have to make.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #920
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post

The day after...I can into work to find out that my boss's husband died in his sleep that same night....what a shock!!!! I just saw him at our Christmas party a few weeks ago...he sat next to me at our table, and nothing was wrong. We don't know all the details yet...it's so sad. Everyone at work it real quiet....it's hard to deal with right now.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer...just wanted to explain where my head is right now. I have to start taking down the christmas stuff tonight and get the house back in order...that should keep me busy for the weekend.

We are closing in on the 11 month mark this weekend
That is NOT a good way to start a new year. So sorry to hear about Tasia. We lost our Sammi girl a couple of months ago. I think our other dog still misses her. We do.

That is so sad about your boss's husband. I'm sure it's putting a big strain on work these days.

Guess we'll all just have to keep thinking about the Fantasy and next December!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #921
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Hope that the year gets better Cheri!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #922
Cherinva

Hello Everyone !!! I'm better now.....thanks for caring. Today is the day of our boss's dh service....everyone is dressed in black...I'm not wild about going, but I want to be there in support of her....I can't imaging what she is going through.

On a happier note....we are under the 11 month mark!!!!! Our ship was to be floated out of dry dock yesterday getting ready for sea trials.....I'm so excited about this ship !!!

One note for this cruise (for me)....MUST.TAKE.MORE.PICTURES

Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #923
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I watched the video of the ship leaving the dry dock! It is so exciting!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #924
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Hello all...I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I have posted so I'm just checking in!

After seeing videos of the float out I'm getting really excited!

This will be our first Disney cruise so I'm looking forward to seeing if the "Disney Happy Glow" I get when visiting the parks transfers over to the cruise ship.

What are you looking forward to the most?

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #925
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
Since this cruise will be our 7th DCL cruise (and 2nd on the Fantasy by the time we sail), I can say I am most looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations on the ship & Castaway Cay. I am also looking forward to a December vacation

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 01-11-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #926
Cherinva

Quote:
Hello all...I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I have posted so I'm just checking in!

After seeing videos of the float out I'm getting really excited!

This will be our first Disney cruise so I'm looking forward to seeing if the "Disney Happy Glow" I get when visiting the parks transfers over to the cruise ship.

The most...hmmmm...that's a tough one...I'm excited about meeting DISers I haven't met before, seeing DISers again that I have met...looking forward to seeing the podcast team again....it's a new ship, can't wait to explore (and I will do more of that this time)...going to places I haven't been to before, going back to Castaway Cay....the food...the entertainment.....I might as well sum this up....EVERYTHING

Old 01-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #927
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

First - Happy New Year!

I am really looking forward to seeing the new ship and visiting the ports. My first western Caribbean cruise was in 2005, so I will enjoy returning to 3 of the ports. I made no plans in Cozumel on my first cruise, and that's what I did...nothing! This time I want to do the excursion to the Tulum ruins. I loved my private tour to the Chacchoben Ruins in Costa Maya and would love to do that again. However, due to our short port time, I may book the ship's tour. I did a stingray and island tour in Grand Cayman, and may just do an island tour this time. I imagine I'll do my usual thing at Castaway Cay: stroll along the beach for awhile, eat lunch, then go back to the ship to see a movie.

Almost forgot...Mickey Bars from room service! And...meeting DISers will be fun, too!

Last edited by NancyIL; 01-11-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #928
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to having a vacation. That will be our only vacation this year. I am looking forward to exploring the new ship, new places for us to visit and new people to meet!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #929
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Been to the ports before. Have to do the mandatory shopping for knick knacks.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to relaxing, having someone else do the cooking and cleaning

- and the Podcast stuff. I wonder what they have planned for us this time.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #930
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to all the ports and meeting Casey on Castaway Cay.

We have not done this cruise before and are just starting to look at excursions.
We have 2 adult history buffs, and two fair skinned (sunburns easily even with sunblock and floppy hats) people.

Has anyone done the underground river tour that looks like spelunking? I am thinking we won't get burnt on that one.

So my question- are there any excursions that did have sun, but also had shade available in case needed?
Skye

Last edited by NWmom; 01-13-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Nancy pointed out a typo
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: