Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #796
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post

So for those that can only do Disney World for a few days, any good methods of buying discounted tickets? It's absurd what WDW does to DCL folks that want to sneak in a little park time. I've always thought that the two business units should work together and give the cruisers a break. I have no need for the 7 day pass or similar to get the per day discount. It's almost more than the cost of my tips on board to go 2-3 days!!
Tickets for just a few days at the parks are very expensive. In the past, I bought longer non-expiring tickets for my family to use a few days at a time, and I got them from Undercover Tourist. Prices have really increased on the non-expiring tickets, but those have the lowest per-day cost.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #797
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Good Morning Everyone...hope this finds you all having a great day so far. It's going to be 80 degrees here today, then a COLD front is settling in with the highs only in the 50s tomorrow...think I'll have to break down and turn the heat on....my DBF has been complaining for a week now that the house is cold (temps range between 70-75) ...Oh well.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #798
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Good Morning Everyone...hope this finds you all having a great day so far. It's going to be 80 degrees here today, then a COLD front is settling in with the highs only in the 50s tomorrow...think I'll have to break down and turn the heat on....my DBF has been complaining for a week now that the house is cold (temps range between 70-75) ...Oh well.
I am not looking forward to the rain! Yuck!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #799
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I lived in WA for a year, and I remember it rained a LOT....
Must of been a bad year. This summer was perfect IMHO. Sunshine and 80's while the rest of the country was baking. I am glad every one has finally cooled off. Have to see what this fall/winter brings. They say it is another La Nina year. Which usally means cold and wet.

Kevin.
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #800
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Must of been a bad year. This summer was perfect IMHO. Sunshine and 80's while the rest of the country was baking. I am glad every one has finally cooled off. Have to see what this fall/winter brings. They say it is another La Nina year. Which usally means cold and wet.

Kevin.
We lived in Puget Sound (Bremerton)..I remember the winter was a mess and the summer was super hot....and in between it rained....we were glad to get back down to San Diego

Old 10-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #801
Cherinva

Good Morning Everyone !!! It's Friday....very chilly start to the day here....the highs are only in the mid 50s.....I heard this morning that some of the states are getting snow already....jeezzzzzz

Have a great weekend ya'll.......406 days to go

Old 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #802
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roryh22 View Post
The weather here in London is still quite mediocre with temperatures varying between 50 and 60 degrees.
I think our weather is most similar to yours from September to May, rain.

Lots of rain, mild temperatures compared to the rest of the country, and did I mention the rain ?

This is the first year we have had fall color for more than a day.
Usually when the trees hit the nice color we get a rain/wind storm and they are all gone in one day.

Then again our warmest day of the year was in fall this year. Weird.
No clue what this winter will bring.

This Miami raised girl is missing sunshine, sand, balmy breezes and the sound of gulls overhead. And a good Cuban medianoche sandwich.

That sandwhich is the real reason this whole trip got planned.

Skye aka Cielita
Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #803
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
I think our weather is most similar to yours from September to May, rain.

Lots of rain, mild temperatures compared to the rest of the country, and did I mention the rain ?

This is the first year we have had fall color for more than a day.
Usually when the trees hit the nice color we get a rain/wind storm and they are all gone in one day.

Then again our warmest day of the year was in fall this year. Weird.
No clue what this winter will bring.

This Miami raised girl is missing sunshine, sand, balmy breezes and the sound of gulls overhead. And a good Cuban medianoche sandwich.

That sandwhich is the real reason this whole trip got planned.

Skye aka Cielita
I saw some beautiful trees the other day coated in burnt orange leaves. The leaves are only starting to fall from trees in the last week mainly due to the really hot weather we had at the beginning of October which has confused things.

I'm on the night shift tonight, strange watching the clocks going back an hour.

Last edited by Roryh22; 10-30-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #804
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roryh22 View Post
I saw some beautiful trees the other day coated in burnt orange leaves. The leaves are only starting to fall from trees in the last week mainly due to the really hot weather we had at the beginning of October which has confused things.

I'm on the night shift tonight, strange watching the clocks going back go back an hour.
Across the pond, it's the first Sun of Nov. So next week.

MK [EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13Indy DIS 9/14PCC DCL/WDW11/14
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #805
Fabulous Tinkerbell
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!!.

I'm a Newbie to the PCC 4.0. I just finished booking the cruise and is so excited and wish it was here already. I have been on the Disney Magic and LOVED it!!!!!! I have been to WDW for just my entire life. I even went to disneyland once. So I'm not a stranger to Disney.

So I just thought I would say Hello.

Jaci
Fabulous Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #806
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous Tinkerbell View Post
Hi Everyone!!.

I'm a Newbie to the PCC 4.0. I just finished booking the cruise and is so excited and wish it was here already. I have been on the Disney Magic and LOVED it!!!!!! I have been to WDW for just my entire life. I even went to disneyland once. So I'm not a stranger to Disney.

So I just thought I would say Hello.

Jaci

Thanks for introducing yourself! Don't be a lurker, we all love to hear other people's experiences and opinions. You'll find a really nice group of people here.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #807
Fabulous Tinkerbell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post

Thanks for introducing yourself! Don't be a lurker, we all love to hear other people's experiences and opinions. You'll find a really nice group of people here.
Thanks. I just took my oldest Nephew to DWD in Aug and ended up extending the vacation to the the Hurricane. But I am sure looking forward to this cruise.

Still trying to figure my way around this site. Everytime I leave it takes me 20 mins to find my way back. Got any tips. I would love to keep up with the PCC 4.0.

Jaci
Fabulous Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #808
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous Tinkerbell View Post
Thanks. I just took my oldest Nephew to DWD in Aug and ended up extending the vacation to the the Hurricane. But I am sure looking forward to this cruise.

Still trying to figure my way around this site. Everytime I leave it takes me 20 mins to find my way back. Got any tips. I would love to keep up with the PCC 4.0.

Jaci
You can subscribe to any of the threads and then you will get an email when someone posts to it.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #809
Cherinva

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Halloween !!!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #810
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can subscribe to any of the threads and then you will get an email when someone posts to it.
I prefer NOT to get e-mails when people post to the same threads. I just click on "User CP" in the upper left-hand corner of the page to see who has posted to my subscribed threads.

Welcome, Jaci!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: