Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Last time I was on Cozumel, I was supposed to swim with the Dolphins, but I got a blood clot and went on blood thinners, so my doctor told me to cancel it. I'm really hoping I'll be able to do that excursion this time!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanb View Post
Hi, I've been lurking and enjoying the podcast since my first Disneyworld trip a few years ago. Finally making the plunge and really looking forward to my first Disney cruise.

Looking forward to meeting the people I keep hearing about and experiencing a disney cruise; I've travelled solo on other lines but never Disney. What a better way to solo on Disney cruise line than with the podcast crew

Glad they finally made a 7 day cruise, 4 days is much too short....
Now for a year and a half of planning, at least I may get a Disneyworld fix sooner in December for the Universal event hoping to stay at AKL for the first time. Nothing like the world in December with a night out at Universal.

Nan
Welcome Nan !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
Hi, I am Lyn.

I am not a major big time Disney/WDW fan like some people here.
My first Disney trips were two day trips to the Magic Kingdom in the early seventies. They were on the way back from visiting my grandparents in Miami at Christmastime. I think the first time was 1971 or 1972.

It seems I only go to WDW in December.
(notice the huge gap between visit two and three)
Three days in 2006.
Seven days in 2008.
Fourteen days in 2010, including the PCC 2.0.

I really enjoy WDW, but it is not a place I can vacation to often for various reasons. The cruise was fun, but I think a longer cruise will be fabulous.

I have signed my sister and I up for PCC 4.0.

Liz went made several trips to WDW while her brother-in-law was a chef at WDW. Now that she is divorced, WDW has become a bitter memory. I am hoping she will enjoy and be impressed by the Disney cruise. Liz went on a Carnival over New Year's holiday week this year. She enjoys snorkeling. Has recently become scuba certified and is doing a week scuba at a Cozumel resort next week.

We are looking forward to having a great vacation together.
Hope to be able to talk her into Palo. Maybe, but not sure about Remy.
Hi Lyn...it will be great to see you again !!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
Cherinva

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers !!!! It appears that someone turned Winter back on...it's been so cold the last few days....and we "might" get some sleet later today, but definately rain is on the way.

Have a great day.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

We had huge thunderstorms this morning for an early wake up. I'm just glad it rained hard enough to wash off a little of the pollen that's been sky-high lately! And we need the rain...

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
We had huge thunderstorms this morning for an early wake up. I'm just glad it rained hard enough to wash off a little of the pollen that's been sky-high lately! And we need the rain...
I get sinus headaches from high pressure weather systems and was DYING yesterday waiting for it to rain! So glad it finally broke - and the washing down pollen is a plus too!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
I get sinus headaches from high pressure weather systems and was DYING yesterday waiting for it to rain! So glad it finally broke - and the washing down pollen is a plus too!
I hear ya on that Tiffany....I have year round alergies and I'm on medication...but the spring time is the worst for me.....the only time I'm not bothered is when I go to Florida...for some reason when I'm there, I'm totally clear....Oh, I see that you live in Tampa..my sister lives there...I'm going to see her the end of next week..but I'm not going to Tampa...she's meeting me in Kissimmee (this way I get to have a little Disney fix )

Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
I hear ya on that Tiffany....I have year round alergies and I'm on medication...but the spring time is the worst for me.....the only time I'm not bothered is when I go to Florida...for some reason when I'm there, I'm totally clear....Oh, I see that you live in Tampa..my sister lives there...I'm going to see her the end of next week..but I'm not going to Tampa...she's meeting me in Kissimmee (this way I get to have a little Disney fix )
Enjoy your time in FL! It should be nice and warm for you

Yes I am just southeast of Tampa in a suburb... I used to live up north in Ohio but we are loving living down here
Old 03-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
Cherinva

Well..I'm saying bye for tonight...leaving work early to get my hair cut. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #25
Cherinva

Good Morning Fellow 4.0 cruisers !!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

Good Morning!

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

evildiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm Nancy from central Illinois, and I'll be cruising with my friend Vicki from Nashville. Vicki and I were roommates on the Disney Dream last month as well as on the Wonder in 2009, and we are excited about a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy next year.

I've been to a number of DIS events at WDW, including "DIS-CON" way back in 2001 and 2002, and the Toy Story Mania party at DISapalooza in 2009. I'll be at WDW this December, and hope to make the cut for the DAP party at Universal (WWoHP).

This will be my first Podcast cruise, although at one time I planned to go on 2.0. Instead - my husband and I went on a Transatlantic cruise with my in-laws that ended in San Juan the same day PCC 2.0 began.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #28
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Hi! I'm Nancy from central Illinois, and I'll be cruising with my friend Vicki from Nashville. Vicki and I were roommates on the Disney Dream last month as well as on the Wonder in 2009, and we are excited about a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy next year.

I've been to a number of DIS events at WDW, including "DIS-CON" way back in 2001 and 2002, and the Toy Story Mania party at DISapalooza in 2009. I'll be at WDW this December, and hope to make the cut for the DAP party at Universal (WWoHP).

This will be my first Podcast cruise, although at one time I planned to go on 2.0. Instead - my husband and I went on a Transatlantic cruise with my in-laws that ended in San Juan the same day PCC 2.0 began.
Hi Nancy....it will be great to meet you !!!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #29
Cherinva

Good Morning to everyone !!! One week from today (after work) I start my vacation....a solo trip to Orlando/Kissimmee...will meet up with my sister on Friday and spend the weekend with her. She's not a Disney Fan but has agreed to go to the MK with me.

Welcome to the newest PCC 4.0 cruisers....Scott5150 and nacho1337

Have a wonderful day!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #30
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Hi Nancy....it will be great to meet you !!!
Thanks, Cheri - it will be great to meet you, too!

I hope you'll have a wonderful time at WDW and with your sister.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: