Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #196
schimj
Grumpybutt Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
It would be nice if we could have some of the cold here and we'd be glad to send some of the HOT up there!
I'm gonna have to side with Silverfox on this one...too many winters in Pittsburgh and Cleveland made DW & I want to move to Tampa. We don't miss the cold. Just our families stuck up north.

schimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #197
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by schimj View Post
I'm gonna have to side with Silverfox on this one...too many winters in Pittsburgh and Cleveland made DW & I want to move to Tampa. We don't miss the cold. Just our families stuck up north.
My sister lives in Tampa...it would be great to live near her, but finding a job is problem....oh well..I can dream.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 AM   #198
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Hi all

Quick intro from me (or us) for those that don't know me from chat.

I'm Paula, travelling with my partner Robert and my Mum Marian. We live in New Zealand and are all Disney fanatics.

We were originally going to be on PCC3.0 but then the Hawaii itineraries were announced so we pushed that back to this and booked Hawaii too. So next year is the year of the cruise.

Robert and I both work in IT and Mum is retired but works as a volunteer guide at our local zoo.

I have a few trips booked between now and PCC4.0 - firstly Mum and I are doing the ABD Backstage Magic with the Podcast team in July and we have a couple of weeks in CA prior where we will go to DL and then road trip to SF via Yosemite.

Then in November Mum and I are going to the north of India (no Disney parks there ) but its always somewhere I've wanted to go.

Then the Hawaii cruise next April and finally PCC4.0.

Who knows if I can pop another trip in there somewhere but its unlikely to be Disney as its a really long way to go

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all better - I welcome new friends on FB too - just search for me by name, I'm unique

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #199
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
I have a few trips booked between now and PCC4.0 - firstly Mum and I are doing the ABD Backstage Magic with the Podcast team in July and we have a couple of weeks in CA prior where we will go to DL and then road trip to SF via Yosemite.

Then in November Mum and I are going to the north of India (no Disney parks there ) but its always somewhere I've wanted to go.

Paula - a trip to Australia and New Zealand is high on my bucket list, but it would probably be a one-time thing due to the distance. How fortunate that you'll be coming here THREE times in less than 18 months!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #200
Cherinva

Quote:

I'm Paula, travelling with my partner Robert and my Mum Marian. We live in New Zealand and are all Disney fanatics.

We were originally going to be on PCC3.0 but then the Hawaii itineraries were announced so we pushed that back to this and booked Hawaii too. So next year is the year of the cruise.

Robert and I both work in IT and Mum is retired but works as a volunteer guide at our local zoo.

Who knows if I can pop another trip in there somewhere but its unlikely to be Disney as its a really long way to go

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all better - I welcome new friends on FB too - just search for me by name, I'm unique
Hey Paula....sounds like you have a full year ahead of you...how wonderful. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise....you and I are already friends on FB...

Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #201
Cherinva

Good Morning Everyone !!! I couldn't make it to chat last night (bummer)...my DBF surprised me with buying himself a new car yesterday...he set out to buy a good used one, but got such a great deal on the new one, so that's what he went with...so we we involved with that and took a nice joy ride to check it out.

I just checked out PCC 4.0 on DCL today....wow, seems some of the prices have gone up....glad I booked when I did. My share is half way paid for.

Have a wonderful day.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #202
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you'll be joining us on PCC4.0 You have some great trips planned - lucky you!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #203
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Is it Friday yet?

Title says it all.

I decided I needed a picture of the week. I know its the classic BUT still

Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #204
Cherinva

Oh, that looks nice !!!! Can't wait until we are all on the Fantasy.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #205
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

I've been on two Disney cruises, but have never set foot in a pool. Is that odd?
mytripsandraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #206
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
I've been on two Disney cruises, but have never set foot in a pool. Is that odd?
If it is, we're both oddballs. Oddball, in my case, might have nothing to do with pools....
What is an FE?
DCL info thread

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #207
Cherinva

Quote:
No...I'm right there with ya....hopefully this next cruise won't be so cold...I would love to get in the pool.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #208
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Hi everyone.

I haven't been checking in here much - been busy with life.

We are getting read to cruise on the Norwegian Epic in a few days, very excited about that. Will be interesting to see how it compares to DCL.

And as schimj says... we are KEEPING the nice weather
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #209
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Not really. We have been on many cruises, including 3 DCL ones, and have been in the pool on maybe half of them.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #210
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

I did not go in the pool on PVC 2.0, but I did sit in the hot tub once.
The pool looks odd. Three lap lanes and on either side it looks like it is only a few inches deep. What are you supposed to do in that very shallow area?

The adult pool on the Dream looks very odd. Less like a pool and more like a puddle to get your feet wet in. I read something on the cruise board - a rumor that maybe the Fantasy pool will be different.
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: