Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
johnscafide
A wish can last a day. Disney wishes last forever!

The Proposal Book...

Alrighty, it's time!!

So, the book took about a week to prepare and create. About another week for Apple to create and another 3 days to ship. Cost? $80. However, the quality was amazing, and the pictures obviously don't do justice.

The book is a collection of pictures from the 3 years we went is has a story for each page.

A lot of the text isn't readable because I hadn't zoomed in when taking the screen shot. The book had a total of 36 pages, all in high quality. Each picture was taking by us, except for 2 by Disney PhotoPass.

There were blank pages between the prince charming page and "she said yes" page. About 5 I think, which was meant for us to put our Engagement photos on there.

I also uploaded thumbnail versions to make it easier for loading on everyone's computer. Just click on them to see it in full res.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #17
Fay
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hey,

The pictures are brilliant... and I still believe it was a fantastic way to propose!

Thanks for the pep talk! On DF! I think he secretly wants to plan his *** off! lol

Looking forward to hearing more! Have a nice weekend!

XX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Aww that proposal book is amazing! Such a good idea!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
elle1024
Mouseketeer

Hi. Just joining in.

So glad to see a guy so involved with the wedding plans, can't wait to read more!

[CENTER]Gisselle & Jose & our little Dylan
elle1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #20
MaidMeghan
Earning My Ears

It's so cool that you're doing a PJ as a DisGroom. I'm doing one as a DisBridesmaid and MOH (for 2 separate weddings) and I love getting a different take on the planning. Your book is so cool, especially the large picture of Big Thunder Mountain (my favorite ride!) I can't wait for more!
MaidMeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
johnscafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle1024 View Post
Hi. Just joining in.

So glad to see a guy so involved with the wedding plans, can't wait to read more!
Thank you!! I know it's rare, but that shouldn't be. It's just as important, cool, exciting and special for the groom as it is for the bride. Especially with a destination wedding like Disney!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #22
johnscafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidMeghan View Post
It's so cool that you're doing a PJ as a DisGroom. I'm doing one as a DisBridesmaid and MOH (for 2 separate weddings) and I love getting a different take on the planning. Your book is so cool, especially the large picture of Big Thunder Mountain (my favorite ride!) I can't wait for more!
What is super cool is how you are in two Disney weddings! While it must be daunting to help plan out things with the bride, it's way exciting to be a part of the magic!

Good luck and I'll be reading your PJ.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
johnscafide

Just a quick update...

Our consultant emailed us back (we asked about Summerhouse and if it was going to be available on our day). He mentioned it was open for a private event, and in case of weather issues, it would be moved to the GF Convention Center.

Also, I asked my 2 groomsmen and best man over the weekend. It was a simple get together with them individually. Seems as though they are excited as I am! Each was given a huge Beer mug what was engraved with either "Groomsman 2012" or "Best Man 2012" accordingly.

Lastly, looking at pictures from Carrie's blog, we like the Marina Patio & Terrace at GF for the dessert party over Sago Cay. Just a little decision, but that won't be a big deal.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #24
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Very interesting to get the groom's side of things, I'm looking forward to it! But... shame you you for your Hawaii joke!! I'm just kidding, it seems you have learned your lesson and though I'm sure it was a little hard at the time, it makes a memorable story now.

Your book is gorgeous! What a fun way to propose
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #25
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on everything so far--- and I love it!!! The book is SO romantic... what a great job!!!

Congratulations, and I can't wait to read more.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
johnscafide

Reception look and feel / Music / Contest

18 MONTHS TODAY
It's been a while, but while it seems like there wasn't much going on, there has been a ton of decisions being made in the last few weeks.

First off, let me get right into it. We entered the Disney Royal Wedding contest on Family.com. Now, at first, I thought (and still do think) it's either a memories or escape style wedding and we won't have any ability to upgrade anything. It kinda bummed me out, which is why we didn't enter for a while. But then I read the part where the winner of the fan voting portion of it, receives a $1000 gift card to Alfred Angelo. While receiving a free $15,000 valued wedding seems awesome, the likely-hood we could win a fan voting seems more in our control. So, we went ahead and entered.

http://family.go.com/happily-ever-af...l-story-67353/

Please go ahead and vote. I could go on and on saying how much it would mean to us and such, but the reality is? It would be nice to shave $1000 from the total wedding bill for her dress. Hey, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it...

Moving on...

My DF sent me a few ideas if we choose an indoor reception. It has been a daily occurrence of us changing the idea of either outdoor (Summerhouse) or indoor (GF Convention). Okay, Okay, maybe a daily occurrence of ME, but yea, anyways.

We know there is a lot more customizations available if we choose indoor, and while it would really seem awesome for an outdoor, we just can't justify 100% doing it outdoors. Either way, here are some of the looks we have been looking at:

I'm not sure I like the "traditional" type look, but we put it out there as inspiration

I'm really loving the blue here. It's definitely BOLD. But is it too much?

Another "traditional" look, but tweaked. I guess I'm more into the bold blue than pretty pink.

The glow tables are huge inspiration, and have me working on grand entrances. I'm not a fan of the glow chairs, but the tables are awesome looking.

Music...

DF decided on the music for the ceremony... and I couldn't be happier with the choices she came up with. I LOVE it, and I love how the ceremony will be sprinkled with Disney pixie dust!!!!!

Parents/Groom/Groomsmen/Bridesmaids: A Whole New World from Aladdin (instrumental version)

Bride: Cannon in D (This would be played live by a violinist)

Unity Candle lighting: Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast (instrumental version)

Recessional: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (instrumental version)

So that's it for now... In the coming days, I'll be writing about our journey to the Bridal showcase, meeting David Tutera, and how we changed our entire original plans after we went down.

Last edited by johnscafide; 04-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.
johnscafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #27
johnscafide

Long time, little updates..

Wow.. yea, I let a lot of people down on this one...

So, it's been a couple of months since my last post. The world travels so fast when you're saving for a Disney wedding, doesn't it?!

Since my last post, we haven't made huge strides in planning. A few details in the looks/colors and a particular theme were made. Also, we have been working on a grand entrance, which seems to be an awesome opening to the reception. More on the entrance at a later post.

We also added another bridesmaid and groomsmen. Unfortunately we haven't told the groomsmen yet.. we are getting there. So now we have 4 on each side.

We have been going back and forth with a few emails to our consultant, Bill, who has been really awesome so far.

One of the biggest changes so far we have done was change our reception from the outdoor scene at The Summerhouse to an indoor show at the Grand Floridian Ballroom (not exactly sure which one yet). The change was not exactly what we wanted, but we knew we needed to do. From extreme heat to insects and bugs to hurricane weather, we just couldn't take the chance. I don't need my guests to "try to" enjoy a 4 hour reception sweating in the 90+ degree heat. It's not what we want. So, instead it's the GF ballroom, with AC! But now, with all the customizations, we are turning this "reception" into a Disney-like Show! We want it to have a look and feel as if you were experiencing any of Disney's indoor shows turned into a Wedding Reception. More on all these ideas another time, but it's an idea we have been toying with.

We were nervous about the change, because it would cause our booking to be pushed back from 16 months out to 12 months out. When we emailed Bill our changes he noted that he would still book our ceremony at the WP, and place a space for our reception at the ballroom, but only the convention center can kick us out of the ballroom before October, not another wedding... So, in this case, we are good to go, and almost have it all guaranteed, except if there is another convention being booked before October for that date, in which case, we would be bumped off. We're happy not having to lose our space, even with a reception at a ballroom!

Till next time...

Last edited by johnscafide; 06-12-2011 at 10:51 AM.
johnscafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #28
Ellie_N_Carl
Earning My Ears

Just joining in...and I love that i get to finally read a groom's PJ! It makes me want to ask my DF to do one too... but he is already apart of so many math,science and English boards I dont think he could handle another one! LOL...

I love your story, engagement and how enthusiastic you are about the planning. I have to say I am glad your DF straightened you out on that joke! LOL but its good that you did it, because I feel everything happens for a reason!

Our wedding is going to be on 10.11.12. I think I may try to start a thread for couples who are getting married around that time to see if anyone wants to get together for a meal during that week and we can all take a picture together. The DisBoard bride and grooms of that week! is that too cheesy?

My Wedding Planning Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2726621

Ellie_N_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
johnscafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie_N_Carl View Post
Just joining in...and I love that i get to finally read a groom's PJ! It makes me want to ask my DF to do one too... but he is already apart of so many math,science and English boards I dont think he could handle another one! LOL...

I love your story, engagement and how enthusiastic you are about the planning. I have to say I am glad your DF straightened you out on that joke! LOL but its good that you did it, because I feel everything happens for a reason!

Our wedding is going to be on 10.11.12. I think I may try to start a thread for couples who are getting married around that time to see if anyone wants to get together for a meal during that week and we can all take a picture together. The DisBoard bride and grooms of that week! is that too cheesy?
Thank you! We are heading down to Disney in April of 2012 for our, 6 month 'til the wedding, meet with planner and menu tasting... Maybe we can meet up then?

It's a great idea for a thread to setup a brides/grooms get together!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
Ellie_N_Carl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscafide View Post
Thank you! We are heading down to Disney in April of 2012 for our, 6 month 'til the wedding, meet with planner and menu tasting... Maybe we can meet up then?

It's a great idea for a thread to setup a brides/grooms get together!
I dont know when exactly we are suppose to go down for our 6month. I know my future mom-in-law had hopped in late march, but i dont know if that is going to be too early for DFTW. If we can work it out to meet then I would love to meet up!

Thanks for the vote on a thread for brides/grooms get together! I will have to start that later tonight!

My Wedding Planning Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2726621

Ellie_N_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: