Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #31
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Here is my attempt for an EPCOT day. These are all things I like and are actually a typical EPCOT meal day for me.

Breakfast Sunshine Seasons: Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar ($2.79) and tea ($2.19)
Lunch Yakitori House: Terriyaki Chicken ($7.69) and coke ($2.19)
Snack Lotus Blossom Cafe: Egg roll ($3.99) and chinese tea ($1.89)
Dinner VIA NAPOLI: Individual margherita pizza ($16) and lemonade ($3)

Total: $39.74

Truthfully, DH and I would share the pizza and get the family style salad ($5 each). But I wasn't sure if that was "allowed" in this scenario. I think the pizzas are large enough to share, but the "rules" said everyone must have their own meal.

Breakfast Sunshine Seasons: Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar ($2.79) and tea ($2.19)
Lunch Yakitori House: Terriyaki Chicken ($7.69) and coke ($2.19)
Snack Lotus Blossom Cafe: Egg roll ($3.99) and chinese tea ($1.89)
Dinner VIA NAPOLI: Half of an Individual margherita pizza ($8), one portion family style salad ($5) and lemonade ($3)

Total: $36.74

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #32
ct_chris
Mouseketeer

Thank you for doing this and posting your costs.
ct_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #33
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Wife View Post
Deluxe Tour Plan:

Breakfast at Captain Cook's: Mickey Waffle and Orange Juice $6.69
Lunch at Contempo Cafe: Pasta Marinara, Chilled Sesame Bean Salad and Water $8.72
Afternoon Snack: Afternoon Tea at Garden View Lounge! Freshly Baked Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves and a pot of your choice of tea. I would get the Osmanthus Oolong. $11.77
Dinner at Roaring Forks: Roast Beef and Blue Cheese Sandwich with vegetable pasta salad and a soda. $12.12

Total cost for the day: $39.30

This could be a delightful day outside of the parks and accessible to anyone. Start the day touring the grounds at Poly. Take many wonderful pictures. Ride the monorail to the Contemporary and explore the building, looking at the large mural, take your picture with the metal Mickey sculpture, and then head to the Grand Floridian to soak up the victorian spelndor of the place. Walk on the beach and then take a boat to Wilderness Lodge. See the geyser, examine the intricate details and cozy up by the fire. Have dinner and then take a boat back while watching the fireworks dance above the Magic Kingdom.
This one is my favorite! I'm going to sub some Tonga toast for that Mickey waffle, and copy this plan for one of our days. Fun, fun, fun!!!
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #34
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Maggie W, thank you for adding your own menu! I was hoping others would join me in this new little obsession of mine.

Yet, in your plan you did not include tax or tip.

In Olrando the sales tax is 6.5%, so add up all the counter service meals and multiply the total by 1.065 which will give you the total cost including tax.

For the Table Service meal you also need to include tip, which is, according to Disney suggestions, 18% (no deabating this please, I do not want the thread closed). Added to the tax, this takes you to 24.5%, so add up all the costs of your table service meal and then multiply the answer by 1.245 to get the total cost including food, tax, and tip.

Your first plan listed, when including tax and tip, comes to $45.75. This is just under the cost of the regular DDP, but if you had the regular DDP, you would still have to pay a tip on top of the $45.99 you spent for the plan, plus you would have used two snack credits for your snack time as the egg roll and drink would each be a credit.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Maggie W, thank you for adding your own menu! I was hoping others would join me in this new little obsession of mine.

Yet, in your plan you did not include tax or tip.

In Olrando the sales tax is 6.5%, so add up all the counter service meals and multiply the total by 1.065 which will give you the total cost including tax.

For the Table Service meal you also need to include tip, which is, according to Disney suggestions, 18% (no deabating this please, I do not want the thread closed). Added to the tax, this takes you to 24.5%, so add up all the costs of your table service meal and then multiply the answer by 1.245 to get the total cost including food, tax, and tip.

Your first plan listed, when including tax and tip, comes to $45.75. This is just under the cost of the regular DDP, but if you had the regular DDP, you would still have to pay a tip on top of the $45.99 you spent for the plan, plus you would have used two snack credits for your snack time as the egg roll and drink would each be a credit.
Sorry, I didn't think Rachel Ray included tax and tip. I didn't realize you did.
But now that you mention it, I remember in your OP about the 18% tip.

We've never gone with the dining plan, because it doesn't fit how we eat. We are not big dessert people (maybe share 1 on one meal).

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997

Last edited by maggiew; 03-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I love your $40 a day plan! We are doing DDP so that we won't have to worry about budgeting our meals, but it is really cool to see that it's possible to eat well at WDW on a budget!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #37
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Maggie, I have watched a few of the Rachel Ray shows and it seems as if some episodes include tax and a 10% tip while others did not.

As to not doing the dining plan, for many people they would be better off eating out of pocket.

As a family we usually end up with the dining plan as it ends up being worth it for our specific family for the way we eat. I have run the numbers extensively.

Here is a great example of that at Hollywood Studios:

Breakfast at Writer's Shop: Milk Steamer and Strawberry Muffin $5.15
Lunch at Brown Derby: Cobb Salad with Vanilla Roobios Tea $22.03
Snack: Mickey Ice Cream Bar $3.50
Dinner at Pizza Planet: Veggie Pizza with side salad and water $9.05.

All told, including Tax and Tip, you get to eat a deluxe two credit location and enjoy a signature dish, plus you get breakfast, lunch, and an ice cream for a grand total of $39.72.

Brown Derby lists the salad as an appetizer, but I cannot imagine eating that entire salad and then trying to force another entree down my gullet. This might not be a "doable" plan for a large eater.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #38
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I get a cobb salad for lunch often. Usually a martini with it though - not tea. One order could definitely be a full meal for one person (unless that person really likes to eat large amounts).
Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #39
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I get a cobb salad for lunch often. Usually a martini with it though - not tea. One order could definitely be a full meal for one person (unless that person really likes to eat large amounts).
The cobb salad would definetly be enough of a meal for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #40
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Here is a plan for a couple. The total for the day has been raised to $80. This plan also includes tax and tip, but does allow the couple to split a dessert. Since dessert is not an actual "need" it seems allowable, given the couple status, to allow for a split dessert. In addition, we are utelizing Beaches and Cream as our Table Service which is next to DHS either a short walk or boat ride from the front of the park.

DHS

Breakfast Writer's Shop: Milk, Coffee, Banana Nut Muffin and Cinnamon Bun $10.35

Lunch Starring Rolls: Black Forrest Ham Sandwich with chips and the Full Moon Sushi Combo. Split the Butterfinger Cupcake and drink water. $23.61

Snack Anaheim Produce: Two pieces of whole fruit or a piece of fruit and a pickle (daughter LOVES these, I find them odd and a bit menacing). $2.85

Dinner at Beaches and Cream: Roast Beef Sub and the Grilled Chicken sandwich washed down with a Root Beer Float and a Frozen Sunshine. $43.15

Total for the day comes to $79.96
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #41
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Just bumping this up to keep it going. Love all the ideas.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #42
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"
While I can happily eat a resort muffin and drink coffee in my room, it just does not compare to sitting in France eating my croissant and sipping my coffee. It was better back in the days of World Showcase opening with the front of the park.
This, this, this!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #43
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Awesome thread !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #44
Lulu83
Mouseketeer

Loving this thread!! You're making me reconsider the dining plan now

Please keep them coming

January 2011, Disneyland ~ October 2012, married at WDW ~ December 2012, Disneyland
Lulu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #45
dntd
Mouseketeer

@ pop French Toast Platter $5.19
@flametree Beef or Pork Sandwich - served with baked beans $8.49
Rainforest Burger - $13.49 tip is 2.50=$16
Cinnamon Glazed Almonds $3.79
Nestea Iced Tea $2.19
=35.66
( we are byo water bottle type family)

This time we are going oin the ddp but not the deluxe like last time.
dntd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: