Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #616
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Although I don't honestly think there is a "cover up" I also don't think the parents have received enough information to be able to allow themselves to let Rebecca go. However, I think this also happens in such tragic accidents as air plane crashes and murders where not all of the facts are present to every relative of every person that has died. I don't think it's Disney's "fault" but I can definitely see the parents wanting to know more than what they were told. I know if it were my child I would want to "see evidence/video/etc." to prove to me that she really is gone. Just my opinion though....
Old 04-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #617
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post

I choose to ignore her.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing. I've come to the same conclusion (it took me long enough). And thanks also for your wonderful suggestion of the candle lighting. I saw the video of Rebecca's uncle talking about it and was honored to participate.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #618
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

I was on the cruise that the CM disappeared from. It was an extremely sad day when she went missing but I believe DCL did everything they could to locate her on the ship as well as obtain information on what happened.

As I stated before on a post, as a passenger, I saw some things that Disney did to secure certain areas of the ship in regards to investigating Rebecca's disappearence. I am not going to post what they were as I do not have proof of why they did it and they have not announced it. In speaking with a friend on the ship who is a CM - she advised me what was said to fellow CMs in regards to those things.

I truely believe that her parents have been given all the information they can at this point. Often, there just isn't that much information to give. Things often do not make any sense to us and we obviously want to know more when there isn't anymore to give.

My heart is broken for Rebecca and her family. No matter what happened and how - it is a very sad situation and one that I hope to never have to go through with my family. I continue to pray for her family.
Official Member of the Club!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #619
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Thanks for sharing. I've come to the same conclusion (it took me long enough). And thanks also for your wonderful suggestion of the candle lighting. I saw the video of Rebecca's uncle talking about it and was honored to participate.
Thank you for the kind words, but it was no big thing on my part.......the Diz board members grabed the idea and ran with it.......I was a wonderful event!

AKK
Old 04-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #620
Toddymae
Earning My Ears, again and again

As a parent, I would never have enough information about my child's untimely death. My head may know the truth but my heart would never give up the hope of seeing and touching my child one more time.

I truly believe Bex's family has been given everything - videos, interviews with CM, walking the ship but - their heart can't except the outcome. And the only person who can give them answers they need is not there. And only Bex can answer their question - Why?

Yes, it's a 'cover-up' -- the head is covering the heart so the pain won't be so great.

I think it's time we allow the family to grieve in private and peace. It's time this thread is closed.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #621
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddymae View Post
I think it's time we allow the family to grieve in private and peace. It's time this thread is closed.
I agree.
Official Member of the Club!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #622
ALK$Disney
Mouseketeer

This is most unfortunate. I saw this in the News last week.

My heart and prayers go out to her family.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #623
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
By asking the person she spoke to.
That's probably a whole lot easier said than done. I can only imagine how difficult it could be to get Cellular at Sea and her Cell phone carrier to release information on who that call was either made to, or who it came from.
Of course, I'm not sure what help the content of the phone call to someone off the ship would be in investigating something that happened on the ship.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #624
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtrfly74 View Post
There are a lot of news articles out there and you can take each one with a grain of salt. The last article I saw said her parents spoke to the girl that Rebecca called.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

And the latest says they dont have any knowledge of the conversation. Its very hard to say what they do or do not know at this point, but it is still very sad that there hasnt been any real news of her whereabouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
That's probably a whole lot easier said than done. I can only imagine how difficult it could be to get Cellular at Sea and her Cell phone carrier to release information on who that call was either made to, or who it came from.
Of course, I'm not sure what help the content of the phone call to someone off the ship would be in investigating something that happened on the ship.
It's being reported, the family has spoken to the girl, that Rebecca called.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #625
sbtrfly74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
I'm pretty sure I read that that the call was made to another friend on the ship and the parents have spoken to her as well. The person that Bex called also stated that she was upset at the time of the call but was better after talking to her. I would be crushed and no one can possibly imagine what this family is going through, having 3 daughters of my own and there is nothing worse than loosing or missing a child. I wish there were answers.. not for all of us that are wondering even though we are, but for the family so they can have closure.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #626
jadejazzkayla
always planning the next trip.

<snipped from article dated 7april>

When they first found out Bex was missing it wasn't from the police but from the ship. "They said she had gone missing – they believed she had gone overboard and was presumed dead."

He said her parents have seen CCTV footage of what is believed to be the 24-year-old’s last phone call, but they are still totally unaware of what was said.

The Bahamas Police Force, who are only conducting the investigation because the ship flies their flag, have not informed the family if the youth worker returned to her cabin, which she shared with another youth worker, before she went missing.

more at link ===> http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/ch...9067-28476939/
Old 04-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #627
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

It is time to close this thread.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: