Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

Any benefit to traveling to PC via Disney transportation?

We are cruising the Dream on Sunday. This will be our first cruise, and I have no idea how boarding works. I saw we were assigned a pretty late time on the website, but I read in another thread here that those times apparently don't mean much. Considering I am at the mercy of Disney for when I arrive, I was wondering if traveling via Disney transportation voids other lists/numbers that people are talking about.

thanks
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

nothing?
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

Traveling via Disney transportation will only get you to the port early if you are traveling from MCO - are you flying in the morning of your cruise or the night before? If you arrive at MCO in the morning, the DCL transport does start leaving for PC around 9:30 a.m. It's impossible to say, however, whether that would get you on the ship earlier, because Disney is assigning boarding numbers based on your port arrival time choice from online check-in. Some people are encountering CM's who take pity on them and give them a better/lower boarding number when they show up way ahead of that arrival time, but some aren't.

If you're leaving from a Disney resort, the DCL transport won't get you to the port until somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00 anyway, so it becomes a moot point.
Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
sjsjbrook
DIS Veteran

If you check in at the airport the arrival times don't affect you at all. At the airport you complete check in and when you board the DCL bus you are given your boarding number then.

So that is one benefit of using their transport.
sjsjbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

As above, if you are boarding a DCL bus at MCO, you can check in for the cruise at the airport--avoiding the line at the terminal. You will get your boarding number at MCO as well. You WILL have to do the security line at the terminal.

In addition, if there is a huge accident that ties up traffic on the Beach Line (and this does happen!) you know that the ship will not sail without you provided that you are on a DCL bus.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
sambycat
DIS Veteran

if you are leaving from the resorts, you won't be there the earliest, but these days it seems like that doesn't make much difference. personally, i prefer to NOT drive when on vacation and staying on property. i like someone else to deal with my luggage and get me where i am going. to me, its a no brainer!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: