Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #436
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Hope and I are also heading to the airport too. Our flight isn't until 6. We plan to check our baggage have as little as possible in the carry on category. Then go to one of the restaurants that are before security and have a leisurely lunch. Maybe a tasty adult beverage. And then sit and watch for the security lines to slack off. Knitting, Kindle and iPad for distraction if needed. No having to rush a decent way to end the vacation.

Kim
Are you taking DU's transfers to the airport?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #437
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn4mickey View Post
Working on online check in, anyone have a guess when we'll arrive at the port w/ the Dreams transfer?
It's a crap-shoot at best ... could be as late a 1-2PM, as per e-mail from DU. The online check-in really does not not have meaning, unless the terminal is at capacity. Remember, if you are Platinum, you are not given a check-in time, as you may board at any time.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #438
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm definitely doing the DU transfer from the Swan/Dolphin to the port. But I haven't signed up yet because I'm wondering about the transfer from the port to the airport. Does DU do several transfers spread throughout the morning? Or do they run them all first thing after disembarkation? My flight isn't until 3-ish, so I really don't want to leave for the port with the first wave at 8am or whenever. Could I get a later transfer if I went with DCL rather than DU? Would it be worth it to get a one-way car rental to spend a couple of hours in the Port area?
For the most part, everything depends on how many people sign up for DU transfers, and how many buses are available. Hopefully, someone from an earlier PCC will provide information from a previous PC cruise.

Due to the uncertainty, we opted for DCL transfers, because we know we have the option of walking off the ship at whatever time we prefer, and stepping onto the next available bus. For us, the $10 savings did not mean much if we had to wait for a bus.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #439
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

We're taking a different route down this time. In-laws won't be in Tampa, so we're cutting across and taking I-95. Staying in Cocoa pre-cruise.
And DH has agreed to stop at Welcome Center en-route to cruise.
What is an FE?
DCL info thread

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #440
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
For the most part, everything depends on how many people sign up for DU transfers, and how many buses are available. Hopefully, someone from an earlier PCC will provide information from a previous PC cruise.

Due to the uncertainty, we opted for DCL transfers, because we know we have the option of walking off the ship at whatever time we prefer, and stepping onto the next available bus. For us, the $10 savings did not mean much if we had to wait for a bus.
Thanks. Do you know how late the DCL transfers go? Since everyone is supposed to be off the ship by 9am, could I expect the buses to be running until 9:30? 10?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #441
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Update in OP - Time to sign up for credentials!!!!

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #442
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Done!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #443
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
PCC 4 is getting close. Sign up for credentials - done.
What is an FE?
DCL info thread

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #444
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Forward thinking - your next DCL cruise

Yes, I know that we are still over two months away from PCC 4.0. I just wanted to remind everybody to be thinking ahead to your next DCL cruise. There is a discount if you book on board. So take a look at the calendar and your vacation schedule. Also take a look at the various ships/itineraries.

What we do is to check out some likely times to see what looks good and offers the best pricing. On board we book the cruise to take advantage of the OBC and booking discount. Plus we specify Dreams as our TA.

Can't decide on a future cruise? Consider booking a "dummy" date. Something that you can have your TA move later once you decide when you're actually going to sail again.

So. Next rainy day spend some time thinking about future vacations.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #445
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
There is a discount if you book on board. So take a look at the calendar and your vacation schedule. Also take a look at the various ships/itineraries.

What we do is to check out some likely times to see what looks good and offers the best pricing. On board we book the cruise to take advantage of the OBC and booking discount. Plus we specify ... our TA.

Can't decide on a future cruise? Consider booking a "dummy" date. Something that you can have your TA move later once you decide when you're actually going to sail again.

So. Next rainy day spend some time thinking about future vacations.
Excellent reminder!

All too often, when we are on the ship waiting in line to book our next cruise, we are STUCK behind someone taking 60+ minutes to discuss untold dates, ships, itineraries, etc. Had they merely looked online in advance, they would likely know what might be of interest, as well as a ball park pricing.

If anyone wants to book a dummy cruise, there are two advantages in booking a 3 or 4 day cruise as far out as possible:

1) Shorter cruises require a lower deposit. Booking a 3-day cruise does not restrict you from changing your cruise to a longer cruise, nor does it restrict you from changing to another itinerary, or longer cruise.

2) Booking a cruise with a distant sailing date provides maximum time to make up our minds (at leisure) ... while also allowing us to wait for the release of new sailing dates.

REMEMBER: If you merely want to check pricing on one or more cruises (or stateroom categories), you can fill out a form (at the ADVANCE CRUISE SALES DESK) ... they will generally get a written quote back to you within 48 hours. This is a great way to avoid waiting in a long line!

Steven

Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #446
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Quote:
I'm definitely doing the DU transfer from the Swan/Dolphin to the port. But I haven't signed up yet because I'm wondering about the transfer from the port to the airport. Does DU do several transfers spread throughout the morning? Or do they run them all first thing after disembarkation? My flight isn't until 3-ish, so I really don't want to leave for the port with the first wave at 8am or whenever. Could I get a later transfer if I went with DCL rather than DU? Would it be worth it to get a one-way car rental to spend a couple of hours in the Port area?

Thanks for any opinions/info you could give me!

Sayhello
In the past the busses have left the port around 9am, if more than one is needed they would all leave at the same time. DCL busses will run as long as needed, typically by 10ish they have all departed for the airport and/or wdw.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #447
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Exclamation FE List: Please Confirm Your Information

We've reached the cutoff day for the Fish Extender sign up. I would like to finalize the FE list (direct link) as soon as possible.

If you have signed up please review your information and let me know if there are any changes you would like to make.

More importantly please make sure you have indicated how you wish to participate in Fish Extender gift exchange : Only PCC Staterooms, Only Non-PCC Staterooms, or All.

Even if your information looks good please send me a PM (click here to PM) to verify you are still participating.

I added a new column to keep a record of the confirmations.

***Sorry for multiple postings of this message, but with so many PCC4.0 threads I want to make sure everyone see it.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #448
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYDREAMER View Post
In the past the busses have left the port around 9am, if more than one is needed they would all leave at the same time. DCL busses will run as long as needed, typically by 10ish they have all departed for the airport and/or wdw.
Thanks, Tracey. I guess I have some more thinking to do! Although I already signed up for the WDW to port transfer.

Sayhello
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #449
sdlong329

Quote:
I guess I have some more thinking to do! Although I already signed up for the WDW to port transfer.
This certainly is NO GUARANTEE! In speaking with John (DU) via e-mail, I was forewarned ... nothing is guaranteed, and we are to anticipate arrival on or about 1 - 2 PM (or earlier). Granted, a bus could leave earlier, but would not be permitted on port property until 11AM.

We are flying in LATE on the evening prior to embarkation. Accordingly, we will not have access to Magical Express, nor would we have easy access to Swan / Dolphin (and would miss any events, due to our late arrival). In our instance, we determined it would be best to catch a free hotel shuttle back to the airport, and catch one of the DCL transports, which depart regularly, when each bus reaches capacity.

I guess it depends where you are staying. If you are at Swan / Dolphin, you could utilize DU transfers to save a little $, but would not be guaranteed departure / arrival time. If you are staying near the airport, I suggest a hotel shuttle to the airport. If you are staying on WDW property, you are in the same situation as Swan / Dolphin ... in that bus schedules can and DO vary.

Hakuna Matata!

Steven

Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #450
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
This certainly is NO GUARANTEE! In speaking with John (DU) via e-mail, I was forewarned ... nothing is guaranteed, and we are to anticipate arrival on or about 1 - 2 PM (or earlier). Granted, a bus could leave earlier, but would not be permitted on port property until 11AM.

We are flying in LATE on the evening prior to embarkation. Accordingly, we will not have access to Magical Express, nor would we have easy access to Swan / Dolphin (and would miss any events, due to our late arrival). In our instance, we determined it would be best to catch a free hotel shuttle back to the airport, and catch one of the DCL transports, which depart regularly, when each bus reaches capacity.

I guess it depends where you are staying. If you are at Swan / Dolphin, you could utilize DU transfers to save a little $, but would not be guaranteed departure / arrival time. If you are staying near the airport, I suggest a hotel shuttle to the airport. If you are staying on WDW property, you are in the same situation as Swan / Dolphin ... in that bus schedules can and DO vary.

Hakuna Matata!

Steven
Thanks for your input, but I think you missed the point of my post. I'm trying to figure out what to do to get back to the airport after the cruise. I already have my plans for prior to the cruise. I'm arriving mid-afternoon the day prior to the cruise, and taking Super Shuttle to the Dolphin. I've arranged to take the DU transfers to the port on embarkation day, as I think it will be fun to travel to the port with a bus full of DISers. Timing really means nothing to me. I'm already on vacation, so I don't care if I get to the port at 11 or at 2, as long as I make it to the ship before they leave!

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is on disembarkation day. My flight isn't until mid-afternoon, and I'm not a big fan of sitting around in an airport (done way too much of that). I'd like to take the DU transfers again, to travel with other DISers, but I'm afraid they'd be leaving a bit too early for me. (Although it's cheaper if you buy a round-trip ticket). So I might go with DCL transfers just for the option of leaving a bit later, even though it's a bit more expensive. That's the decision point. I'm not sure where you got this whole thing about DU transport being NO GUARANTEE, as I'm pretty darn sure I'm guaranteed a ride from the Swan/Dolphin to the port, which is all I care about.

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 10-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: