Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #2221
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Caught up here too.

Uh Oh the case of the missing Mickey ?

waiting for the outcome.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #2222
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

It seems that when I give out FP I won't use to people, they don't know what to do with them. I even saw someone put it in the garbage.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #2223
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Nice pixie dust! I gave away some FP this year and one family was completely flabbergasted by the idea...I had to convince them that they could take them for free and then I explained what the ride was like, how to get it..they spoke little English, so it was a bit of a struggle to communicate, but eventually they were all smiles when they realized they were going to skip the long line at Kilimanjaro Safari

And from the tone of your *dun dun dunnn* I have to guess that Henry lost his little Mickey figurine. Well, I can only hope that he found it again, or maybe some other kid found it and it made their day too!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #2224
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow, I love that Epcot ball picture in your last update! You take some great pics! What kind of DSLR camera do you use? Do you use any extra lenses?

I am contemplating getting a DSLR camera sometime in the future but not sure what kind.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #2225
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

I'm catching up again...
First, congrats on the picture possibly being chosen! Can't wait to hear more! I didn't realize they were already taking pictures for that yet. Its a cute pic.. no wonder they want it!

Also, nice pixie dust! We didn't much on our last trip, but my first trip with my in-laws we were sprinkled about once an hour.. during Disney's Year of a Million Wishes campaign. We each got 2 pairs of the fancy cloudy ears, we got fast passes and got to ride RnR twice in a row! That was a GREAT trip.. and my first on property.. and my first with DH.

Keep on keepin on with the report!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #2226
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I am hoping to go to Beaches and Cream on my next visit for lunch... it just looks so cute
Aww how nice somebody gave you those Soarin FP's!! That is SO nice. You guys lucked out!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #2227
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Maybe my Disney-starved brain is starting to hallucinate, but the onion rings in the top right part of the photo sorta look like a hidden Mickey to me.....

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trips: DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #2228
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
Maybe my Disney-starved brain is starting to hallucinate, but the onion rings in the top right part of the photo sorta look like a hidden Mickey to me.....

-- Dave
I agree
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #2229
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What an awesome Soarin' moment!!! That was so nice of those folks!!!

I do love me some Spaceship Earth. Good times, good times!
I love Spaceship Earth too, and I'm so glad Henry enjoys it! I'm AMAZED at how much he has retained from it. One time when we rode (I think it might have been earlier in this same trip?) he asked questions the entireeeeeeee time about it, so I explained everything to him, the best I could, in "toddler speak", and now he tells Joe and I what the ride is about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Those lights were there last December. I know because I was bit baffled by them as well. They make WS look so pretty but man, don't look directly at them!
Who knows when they made their first appearance Maybe they've always been there but they've recently switched to LED? I could see that change making them more obvious...
Ahhhhhh, I wonder if that is it!! That would make sense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
YUM!!! Your burger at B&C looks so, so good! So do your yummy drinks. How awesome to be gifted Soarin' FPs. I love when people do things like that!
I could seriously go for some Beaches & Cream right now. My stomach is growling and I'm itchin' for a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
YUM! Beaches & Cream looks delicious! Especially that root beer float. I always say that we're going to stop and eat there one trip and then we never do. I NEED TO!
It's so good! We love it! It's easy to forget about though, unless you are already in that area. Might be good for dinner on a break from DHS while hopping to Epcot or something....I'll try to remember this tidbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Unexpected Soarin' FPs??!! SCORE! Henry must've been so excited!
He was thrilled!!! (and so were Joe and I!) He's so funny, we have the 4 Parks 1 World CD and the instant he hears even just 2 bars from the score he knows what it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Yum! I could use some ice cream right about now, it's 85 degrees in WI right now

Aw, thats so nice someone gave some fastpasses for soarin, we did that in Jan only for Space Mountain (my older DD got a headache and didn't want to ride)

I seen Jens plug for her new TR, so I thought I'd throw out that I also have started my TR from our surprise trip last month. Shameless, but efective!
It's warm again here in NYC too! I just love it! But 80s and 90s in the upper midwest this time of year is almost unheard of! ENJOY IT!!!!

Plug away, plug away! I'll be right over!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #2230
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post

-- Dave
It is, It is says the girl who sees HM everywhere.

I had that burger and those onion rings ...... YUUUUUUMMMMMYY
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #2231
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Yum! The cheeseburger looks delish!! I'm so hungry but I'm trying to get my school work finished and i'm too lazy to cook.

I have never noticed those lights before but I can imagine how annoying they may be.

I'm going to send you a message on FB for your address because I don't have it.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #2232
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Brook, you are KILLING this pregnant lady with the onion rings pictures. Waaah! I really really really want onions rings and I can't get my favorite onion rings anymore because they are at the place I fell. Whoever goes to Disney next needs to fedex me some still warm onion rings, please and thank you.

Moving on....

I'm confused, I thought Henry loved Test Track. I remember you mentioning this, interesting.

I'm worried that little Mickey dude is going to go buh-bye.....
That just stinks that you can't get your favorite onion rings!!!! Could you possibly enlist a friend to do a stealth onion ring mission?

And wouldn't it be fabulous if we could just simply order up our favorite foods from the World?

Yep...Henry did love Test Track in September 2010. He was pumped to ride it here in Feb/March 2011 as well, but after our first ride on it, he started to refuse... At this point in the trip, I was baffled by it (and still kinda am!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
That is some serious pixie dust right there!! WOOT WOOT for Soarin FP!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one...back in June I noticed those lights and was like say WHAT?!? I never noticed those before...so either you and I are the most oblivious people in the world (and in my case that might be quite true) or those are new!! I'm going to go with the latter LOL!
You are the second person to tell me they just noticed them this year! GOOD!!!!! They are so weird, aren't they? I like the "glitter" affect during Illuminations, but otherwise they are sooooo stinkin' bright.

However, there is still a good chance I've been completely oblivious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
SO UNFAIR!!!! I am back on a diet after all the food we ate on the trip and I am sitting here drooling over those darn onion rings. We have yet to get there and I am determined we will one of these days.

on the FP's for Soarin!
It always seems the perfect timing that a delicious picture on the DIS pops up, doesn't it?! After reading all these responses about the onion rings, guess what I had for dinner???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great score with those fastpasses!!!

I'm a bit worried about little Mickey too...
Mickey will the the focus on our next update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Is Henry holding the plastic Mickey in his Spaceship Earth picture? It looks like there might be something in his hand, but it's a little blurry.

So cool that someone gave you Soarin' fastpasses! It's almost as much fun to give them away as it is to get them.
Wow, you are GOOD. Yes, he is! This could totally turn into a "Find Mickey do" game!

And that person gave us FIVE! So we were able to give 2 away still! It was extra pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
OK, I have got to eat at Beaches and Cream one of these days. Everyone says it's so good and it sure looks delicious!

Yay for someone giving you Soarin fastpasses. The same thing actually happened to us when we were in Disneyland. We wouldn't have been able to ride otherwise (not surprisingly there was a long line there and this was before it was built at Epcot). It was then that we fell in love with the ride. Sorry for that random story...
You do! It's really, really good! I still mean to get the No Way Jose (almost did in August, but our waitress was sloooooooooow and Henry was antsy). I hope to go there just for ice cream one time so I'm not so full!

I like the random story! And I can't wait to go to Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It sure is. Small, but so very cute with deelishus foods.

I think it would make a fun snack bar/gameroom theme in a house, too.
Veryyyyy deelishus foods! And I agree! That would be a very cute theme!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #2233
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Mmmm Beaches and Cream! I love that place! I went to Friendly's today (had to go before they all disappear). I agree though, you always leave that place stuffed! We went one night and got out when the pool was closing. Got to chat with all the lifeguards. Lots of fun!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #2234
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Hey, a tech question here! My sister just got an i-phone for work, and would like to download free but useful apps for our November trip. We are only spending one day at Epcot. What would you recommend?

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 10-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #2235
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh No - Is little plastic mickey about to have an extended stay on Spaceship Earth.

And will there be a meltdown involved?

Those onion rings look delish. I have decided to change a few of my December ADRs now that I can't do a split DxDP and I am reconsidering the Beach Club, if for no other reason than I want to try those O-rings!

Great update!
I love how you busted out the popcorn for the anticipated drama!

I don't think I'm up to speed with your December trip and why you cannot do the split DxDDP - I'm so far behind on the DIS. But regardless, if you end up at the BC, go for the rings! YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmommy View Post
I just noticed those lights on the buildings at Epcot this last trip too. We were like what is that??!!!

My 3 yo lost a Star Wars Mickey on our Aug. trip, on Dumbo I think. Cried about it EVERYDAY the rest of the trip and still talks about it today. I hope Henry's Mickey didn't meet the same fate....
Okay, that's four of us now! Those lights have to be new!

That so sad about your DS and his Star Wars Mickey! I hope you are able to find a replacement or something as a surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Beach and Cream! YUM! I stil lthink about that No Wy Jose I had.....I DREAM about it!
I want to try that soooooooooo badly! It looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
YUM! Beaches n Cream looking good, even at 7:30 am!

Right there with you on the lights in WS. We noticed them in May and someone, I think Jenjolt asked a CM who basically looked at her like she was nuts and said they had always been there. . I am not convinced. I am almost positive they weren't there in Oct 2010 or else they have changed in some other way to make them more noticeable.

Hurrah for Soarin FP's.

And great news on H's picture making the short list. So adorable!!
I am so not convinced after so many of us just noticing them for the first time this year! Either that or they put in LED's like BerrysGirl mentioned. Something has to be different!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I would have been stuffed, too, after having a root beer float, a burger, and onion rings, but I wouldn't have been able to stop myself -- those are some of my favorite things! Serious yumminess!
Exactly! I couldn't stop myself either...and I could easily go for a root beer float right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Love the pictures of the Flower and Garden festival. While I won't be able to get there anytime soon, a lot of it is already up when we go in February. For awhile, I thought that was just what EPCOT always looked like.

So exciting that they might choose Henry's adorable picture. Max saw me looking at the pictures and he said, "Hey...wait...who is that?" So I told him and he said, "He has long hair, just like me. Does he have toys?" I said, "probably." He then said, "Let's visit him now." Too cute.

Love Beaches and Cream. Its on my list of food at Disney that actually lived up to the hype. We had a great meal there in July, I just wish it were bigger.
that is a definite bonus about late February! I was surprised at how much was already out when we arrived this trip.

That is SOOOOOO cute about Max! And yep, he does have long hair! We chopped it before the summer, but it's back to being longer-the way we liked it. And yes, he does have toys. LOL! We'd love to visit with you guys someday. Maybe if you ever adventure into the City for a day trip we can meet up!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: