Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #91
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
This is really bothering me. I have been on the verge of booking with them and because of these posts, and other concerns about WBC getting run down, I haven't pulled the trigger. I ended up contacting Ken Price. I may just go with them for safety's sake, if I don't see some good feedback about VS really, really soon.

I wonder if VS has any idea how many people read the DisBoards and how this could impact their business.
Not sure, but will let them know that when I call tomorrow. I am planning on asking for a refund of my deposit because I don't have a confirmation. I am hopeful to get a confirmation so it's a moot point but I need options. I think it's reasonable to expect a refund if they can't provide it. Fingers crossed.
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #92
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Please let us know how it works out for you, Teacher. I was going to lock in with them last week, and I've been holding off because of these posts. I hope you get a good resolution to your situation!
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #93
okcarrie
Earning My Ears

I have had better luck calling them rather than emailing. I originally filled out a quote request on their website and still hadn't heard from them after a few days. I gave them a call and Humaira picked up right away, gave me my quote and then emailed my quote with deposit instructions. I waited a week to make the deposit until we were sure we wanted to stay there.

The deposit confirmation stated we would get our final booking confirmation 20-50 days out. So on day 28 I gave them another call and spoke to Rick who confirmed our dates and stated they were still waiting on confirmations from Wyndham and it should come at any time, this was last Wed. I got my email yesterday morning (sun) with our booking confirmation. However we are booked to arrive a day early 5/29 and stay for 8 nights rather than our request of 5/30 for 7 nights. The price is the same, so I don't really care. I just hope it won't be a problem checking in on 5/30 rather than 5/29. I will probably give them a call to double check on that. ***I just called and they said they had to book us an extra day since we had a split reservation as we were arriving mid week. We didn't get charged for the extra day. He advised us to call the hotel and let them know we would be arriving on 5/30. I kind of figured that was probably the case.

I had been wondering about WBC as we drove by it the last couple of trips so we are really excited to stay there this time. It will be nice to have the space and the price was certainly right.

2014 Spring Break in DisneyLand at PPH & Legoland
2013 Spring Break on the Magic
2012 June WDW & Legoland
2011 May/June POFQ Post Kidney Transplant Celebration!!!
2010 Spring Break Land & Sea
2009 June CBR, Birthdays & Star Wars Weekends
2008 Sept ASMu Family Suite & Free Dining
2007 Sept POR Free Dining
2006 July 4th Caribbean Beach[/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by okcarrie; 05-07-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: update
okcarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #94
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Don't know if this will help or not but I'll post it anyway.

Our trip was middle of April. Booked thru VS several months prior but
then decided to add some additional days. VS stated they felt sure
they would be able to accomodate the extra days but it would probably
not happen until a couple weeks prior to leaving. Makes me nervous cause
I'm a uber planner.

At anyrate.....it all worked out great. No problems and wasn't able to get
my confirmation until about a week before we left.

I will use VS everytime from this point forward.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #95
KYoung2000
Earning My Ears

Our Stay

I wanted to give a report of our experience with Vacation Strategies since I used the board when originally booking through them. I was nervous using them at first since they were somewhat new and only a few posts about them, but after our trip, I would have no problem using them in the future.

Our trip was for 9 nights. I booked with VS back in January for our trip starting on April 26th. They told me to be on the look out for my confirmation around 30 days out. For me anyways, on Day 30, I received the email from VS with the confirmation info.

Before I paid the balance I called WBC to make sure I was in the system and everything checked out ok. I was a little nervous as our 9 night stay was booked as a 3night + 5 night + 1 Night stay, but it was no problem. We were never asked to change rooms. In fact when I called WBC to confirm they told me that I wouldn't have to change rooms either.

I would have to agree with some of the latest posts that email communication may seem slow, as I experienced the same, but when I called them directly, all my questions were answered very quickly. So I would suggest calling if you want immediate responses.

I wouldn't hesitate using them and they get my vote of confidence, but I can fully understand the nervousness as I was in your shoes just a few weeks ago and until I was physically in my room, I was a nervous.

Hope this helps some one out.

-K
KYoung2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #96
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Update:

I spoke with Fabian and Humaira today. I did get my confirmation, too. My original intent was to ask for a refund of my deposit. I felt very uncomfortable due to the lack of communication via email, no confirmation, etc. However, after speaking with Humaira I've decided to go ahead with our plans. She couldn't have been nicer and more reassuring in a seemingly genuine way. I should have called, but being a teacher my time during the day is so limited so I rely on email.

I did call Wyndham and am in the system. Here's hoping that everything goes well!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #97
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
Update:

I spoke with Fabian and Humaira today. I did get my confirmation, too. My original intent was to ask for a refund of my deposit. I felt very uncomfortable due to the lack of communication via email, no confirmation, etc. However, after speaking with Humaira I've decided to go ahead with our plans. She couldn't have been nicer and more reassuring in a seemingly genuine way. I should have called, but being a teacher my time during the day is so limited so I rely on email.

I did call Wyndham and am in the system. Here's hoping that everything goes well!
I'm SOOO happy to hear you are finally confirmed
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #98
Avalon_toon
DIS Veteran

Location: Eastern Canada - its beautiful here, but cold, wet and foggy for too many months - must go back to WDW soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
I'm SOOO happy to hear you are finally confirmed
I'm so glad to hear you got your confirmation - mine arrived today too - yay! Two more weeks to go...
Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #99
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that both of you received your confirmation!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #100
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Well, I did it. I reserved with them today for the first week of December. I hope and pray I don't regret it. I think it will be okay though. The deal was just too good to pass up; it was about $60 less per night than Ken Price.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #101
Avalon_toon
DIS Veteran

Location: Eastern Canada - its beautiful here, but cold, wet and foggy for too many months - must go back to WDW soon!

Quote:
Well, I did it. I reserved with them today for the first week of December. I hope and pray I don't regret it. I think it will be okay though. The deal was just too good to pass up; it was about $60 less per night than Ken Price.
I hope your reservation, confirmation process and stay are all hassle free!

I'll be sure and post back once we arrive and check-in, hopefully with a glowing report of how smoothly everything went.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #102
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Thanks Avalon!

For those of you who have booked with VS--did you receive some kind of personalized confirmation after sending your deposit? I did the deposit online yesterday through the link they sent me to PayPal. It was not 'personalized' to me--I had to put in my dates and that I wanted a 2 BR deluxe. I received an automated confirmation immediately from PayPal, but nothing really from VS yet. Shouldn't I have gotten something confirming my dates and room type?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #103
Avalon_toon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Avalon!

For those of you who have booked with VS--did you receive some kind of personalized confirmation after sending your deposit? I did the deposit online yesterday through the link they sent me to PayPal. It was not 'personalized' to me--I had to put in my dates and that I wanted a 2 BR deluxe. I received an automated confirmation immediately from PayPal, but nothing really from VS yet. Shouldn't I have gotten something confirming my dates and room type?
I got an email from "Humaira Sidat-Bourne" with the subject line "Vacation Strategy LLC Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation" - it seemed like an automatic response, said thank you for your order, and then listed the details - two bedroom, dates, billing info, etc. followed by a 'please contact us if you have any questions' line. I didn't receive anything else until they sent the invoice for full payment along with the hotel confirmation.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #104
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon_toon View Post
I got an email from "Humaira Sidat-Bourne" with the subject line "Vacation Strategy LLC Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation" - it seemed like an automatic response, said thank you for your order, and then listed the details - two bedroom, dates, billing info, etc. followed by a 'please contact us if you have any questions' line. I didn't receive anything else until they sent the invoice for full payment along with the hotel confirmation.
Nilseks - I paid my deposit yesterday, and I got the exact same email as Avalon described. It came immediately after I pd the deposit, so I figured it was some sort of auto-reply.

Gina

DH me DS 10 DD 8

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #105
dencord7
Mouseketeer

Wanted to share that we Check in on 05/28 and so far all things are fine received our final bill and we are in the Bonnet Creek and we have three family members in three different units.