Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 05:50 AM   #1
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Passport question

DH and I already have our passports. I applied for both kids on February 8th. They were both showing in the system as being processed and have confirmation numbers. Now only ds's is showing as being processed and daughters is saying not in system yet.

Why would this be when they were both showing as processing?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramsr View Post
DH and I already have our passports. I applied for both kids on February 8th. They were both showing in the system as being processed and have confirmation numbers. Now only ds's is showing as being processed and daughters is saying not in system yet.

Why would this be when they were both showing as processing?
Don't know why one would disappear. It may be completed and shipping. They are not consistent with the status. Ours processed and were delivered in under two weeks during the government shutdown, the status on one still said processing even though it had been delivered.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
Maineiak
Mouseketeer

We submitted DD5's info on 1/25 and it arrived in the mail on 2/14, the day before our online check-in started! Woo hoo!

I did, however, find it odd that her picture looks "antiqued" (whitewashed in an orange-ish color if you will). Yet the photo we submitted was full color. Is this because of her age? Just seems odd and hope it doesn't cause any issues...
Maineiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Contacted passport office this morning and name was mispelled on passport and that is why it is not showing up now. It was mailed out yesterday so now I have to wait to get it and get her birth certificate back and mail it back to be corrected. Glad I don't need it until August
Old 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramsr View Post
Contacted passport office this morning and name was mispelled on passport and that is why it is not showing up now. It was mailed out yesterday so now I have to wait to get it and get her birth certificate back and mail it back to be corrected. Glad I don't need it until August
Weird that it showed up to begin with. So this is a mistake on their end I assume. If that is the case what is the process to correct it that they have given you? You just mail the passport and BC back in? Is there a form to fill out?

I'm just curious because I've never heard of this happening but still inspected every detail of ours for errors. I've wondered in the past how you would correct an issue if it occurred.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
rramsr
Mouseketeer

They said no new photo because it is less than 90 days old. I can either go to passport office with birth certificate, signed statement and ds 5504 form to be corrrected or mail of the above back to passport office to have corrected. Don't understand why it first showed up in system under last name because it is only the first name that is spelled wrong. They put a K instead of R. It's just frustrating because they had her birth certificate with the spelling also
Old 02-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
Maineiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiak View Post
We submitted DD5's info on 1/25 and it arrived in the mail on 2/14, the day before our online check-in started! Woo hoo!

I did, however, find it odd that her picture looks "antiqued" (whitewashed in an orange-ish color if you will). Yet the photo we submitted was full color. Is this because of her age? Just seems odd and hope it doesn't cause any issues...
Has anyone ever run into this?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone ever run into this?
Haven't heard of this, but I would guess it was just a fault in the machine that assembled it.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
Maineiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
Haven't heard of this, but I would guess it was just a fault in the machine that assembled it.
Now I'm curious if I should call and ask a few questions...
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #10
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I'm curious if I should call and ask a few questions...
personally I wouldn't worry about it, but a call doesn't cost much besides time.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #11
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Local passport office just called to make me aware of the error also and gave me the instructions again to send it back to be corrected. Impressed they called

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: