Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/4 CapeMay Clambake - dinner

Dinner at Cape May Clambake is a must do for every trip! I love this restaurant. There are so many delicious options making you wish for more tummy room.

First can I just say the cornbread here is to die for! I could just eat that and leave happy. So soft and sweet. The crab legs of course are also very good. Very fresh, though I am completely inept at cracking and peeling them. There was almost a flying crab leg at the clam bake the night of 3/4 …..but I digress.

The fried fish was yummy, as was the lobster tortellini, and the seafood pot-pie is really tasty too. I always make sure to grab some chicken nuggets too…they are the best here. I love them! Here’s a pic of my plate:

I learned something new with desert. I love flan. I just had room to take a bite of each dessert, but wished I had more room for that. It was vanilla custardy goodness. The Oreo bon-bon was good, but I do miss the lava cake.

As a side note, there was a rather large group of teenage girls eating near us, at least 30. I believe they were some sort of cheering group. The table next to ours had a little girl celebrating a birthday and the waitress (who was also our waitress) came out and announced the birthday to the restaurant and had everyone sing. It was cute, but then the large group of girls did some sort of loud birthday chant with clapping after the singing was over. It was so loud and lasted forever.

All I could think was... ‘the waitress saw my birthday button when we checked in...Oh, no!’ Thank goodness, a few minutes later, the waitress stopped by our table and asked if she could have the restaurant sing for me. I thanked her, but told her I would have to hide under the table if that happened. (I’m telling you that cheering chant was embarassing!) She was very sweet and brought this dessert out for me surreptitiously.

It was a very delicious chocolate mousse covered in dark chocolate. It was a sweet gesture. Too bad I was too full to eat it (I found room for a bite)
The check came with a handful of saltwater taffy. A nice touch I think!
POP Oct 2011 F&W + MNSSHP
POR Oct 2012 - Dining Review
POP March 2013
Wilderness Lodge October 2013

Last edited by ThinkTink09; 03-26-2011 at 11:45 AM.
ThinkTink09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Joining in too! I LOVE flan as well. Crystal Palace has coconut flan that is TO DIE FOR good Cape May looks great! It's on my to do list for the near future thats for sure. loving the reviews and pictures!

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #33
tetney12
Mouseketeer

great report!....joining in!

tetney12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #34
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Signing on a bit late, enjoying your reviews!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #35
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Good to hear that Cape May is a must do...We have an ADR planned for there I recently changed resorts to the YC so it will be great to just walk on over.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/5 Yak & Yeti - lunch

Thanks for reading along with me

Animal Kingdom was the park of choice today. We had a lunch ressie at Yak & Yeti.
I really liked the theming of this restaurant. We ended up getting seated on the second floor, which I think was neat -it felt like we were eating at an Inn in Asia.

For my entrťe I chose the Kobe Beef burger and shoestring fries. I have to be honest, I thought I would like this but it just wasnít that great. One of the flavors in the burger was really bitter. I donít know if it was the beef I didnít like, or if it was just the seasoning. The fries were good though, and plentiful.

Sis chose the shrimp lo-mien. It was a delicious, heaping plate. I tried a bit and thought it was very good. Not greasy at all with big juicy shrimp.

Dessert for me was the fried wontons with cream cheese. This was delicious! Every glowing review that you have read about these tasty morsels is true! Warm gooey cream cheese filled the wontons with pineapples, strawberries, vanilla icecream, and some sort of cream cheese drizzle. It was sooo good.

Cheesecake was my sisterís choice. She really enjoyed this dessert. I tried a bite too, and agree it was great. I love cheese cake. This was not too sweet and pretty dense; my favorite kind. As good as the wontons were it would be hard for me to pick which dessert was best.

I liked this restaurant a lot and think we will return for sure.
POP March 2013
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #37
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/5 Riverside Mill - snack

After animal Kingdom we stopped by the Riverside Mill for a snack.

I grabbed one the vanilla cupcakes. I absolutely adore these cupcakes. I love the sweet icing, and the vanilla cake is so soft and moist - almost fluffy. I joked around with my sister Ė telling her to get me a plate of these for my birthday cake. I wish I had one right now!

Mickey cookie again for the sister. Like I said before she loves these!

POP March 2013
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #38
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/5 Wolfgang Puck's Cafe - dinner

Our plan for this evening was to go to DTD. We didnít have any ressies for the night (thought we might go to beaches and cream), but decided to try somewhere new. Wolfgang Puck Cafť was at the top of my list, so we headed to concierge to see if they could score us a table. Concierge was very nice, but stated Wolfgang does not take same-day ressies. I hadnít heard that before, so we left a little confused and tried to use our phone to load the online reservation system. It took forever, and kept freezing, but finally we were able to pull up and reserve 830 for that night. I wanted to go back to concierge and thank them for their help. LOL!

We took the boat to DTD, did some shopping then headed to WPC. There were so many things on the menu that looked good. I chose the fish of the day with garlic mashed potatoes. The fish was Sole Ė lightly breaded with lemon butter and almond slices. It was delicious! The garlic mashed potatoes were amazing too. Slightly lumpy and creamy. They reminded me of my gramís mashed potatoes (miss you ) I could have licked my plate clean! The broccoli was good too.

My sister chose the bbq chicken pizza. She thought this was really good as well. It was a flat crust with the perfect amount of cheese.

For dessert I chose the snickers cheese cake. This was as good as it looks - Yummy cheese cake with chocolate and caramel drizzle with chunks of snickers on top. I ate the whole thing

Chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream was my sisterís choice. She really enjoyed this dessert. Warm gooey chocolate flowed out from the middle of the moist cake.

Wolfgang Puckís is a great restaurant Ė and popular. It was a large restaurant, but was filled and busy!
POP March 2013
Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
WaltsMummy
Earning My Ears

Just joining in! reviews are brill. Definitely have to try WPC and Yak & Yeti on my next trip.
WaltsMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #40
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I swear that Snickers Cheesecake is making my mouth water.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #41
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I gotta get to WPC on an upcoming trip! It looks fantastic!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #42
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/6 Starring Rolls - lunch

Hollywood studios today. It was the last day of ESPN weekend and it was crowded, but I knew exactly where to go for lunch: Starring Rolls.

Both of us chose the turkey focaccia sandwich. I enjoyed this sandwich so much! It was filled with heaps of fresh turkey, lettuce, and seasoned mayo. The meal also came with a bag of chips which we saved for later.

I chose the red velvet cupcake for dessert. This was very good. The red velvet cake was covered in cream cheese icing with a dollop of cheese cake in the center and a sprinkling of toffee bits. All the cupcakes here look amazing. Iíve had the chocolate peanut butter cupcake before; it's really great too.

My sister choice the banana split. This was her favorite treat of the trip. She said it was a delicious banana pudding with banana, vanilla cake pieces, and a chocolate graham layering. She loved it!

Starring Rolls is my favorite CS in Hollywood Studios
POP March 2013
Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #43
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

3/6 In-room Pizza Delivery

We had a reservation for La Hacienda tonight, but were feeling too tired to head back out, so we canceled and decided on an in room pizza delivery.
I know some people complain about the Disney pizza, but I think itís pretty good. We chose extra cheese with pepperoni. The delivery came with two desserts and a liter of soda. Carrot cake and chocolate cake were our dessert choices.

Hereís an extra pic: We bought make your own Mickey rice crispy treats at Goofyís. One dipped in milk chocolate, Oreo crumbs, and dark/white chocolate chips -with milk chocolate drizzle; one dipped in dark chocolate and Oreo crumbs - with dark chocolate drizzle; and one dipped in milk chocolate, Oreo crumbs, and peanuts - with white chocolate drizzle.

POP March 2013
Old 03-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #44
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink09 View Post

My sister choice the banana split. This was her favorite treat of the trip. She said it was a delicious banana pudding with banana, vanilla cake pieces, and a chocolate graham layering. She loved it!

Starring Rolls is my favorite CS in Hollywood Studios
YUM! I have been watching for months to see this Banana Split reviewed. I really wanted to try it this past trip but didnt. I will definitely have to try it. Thanks for the review!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #45
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Joining in too! I LOVE flan as well. Crystal Palace has coconut flan that is TO DIE FOR good
Thanks for the tip! I might have to add Crystal Palace to our next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
I swear that Snickers Cheesecake is making my mouth water.
Mine too; it was sooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
YUM! I have been watching for months to see this Banana Split reviewed. I really wanted to try it this past trip but didnt. I will definitely have to try it. Thanks for the review!!
You're welcome! My sister really loved it. She still brings it up. LOL!
POP March 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: