Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Shake Your "Bon-Bon"-Our "Last" Family Trip-PTR July 2011 *UPDATED 7/13*

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

I am brand new to DISboards and I am SOOO excited to share my upcoming vacation with you. As you can tell by the title of this PTR, this will sadly be the "last" family vacation to WDW for my family and me. Now, this is said in "" because I hope that this is not the case! I know, I know..what my parents say goes, BUT they love Disney almost as much as I do, so I think they will want to return sooner rather than later.

That being said, this isn't my last trip! I plan on being back multiple times! So more PTRs and TRs to come!

So, due to my lack of sleep and huge amount of stress, I am resigning for the night. I will be back, however, to share with you the cast and some other important information! I am toooo excited!!

Current Reports!
Sure, we'll wait 7 hours! As Long as we get to WDW! July 14-22 TR!
The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation!
Completed Reports!
Shake your "Bon-Bon"- Our "Last" Family Vacation-July '11 PTR

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 07-13-2011 at 11:11 PM.
aspiringprincess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Content!

I'll reserve this for the table of contents! Once I figure out how to do that. Until then it will probably consist of links! Help is welcome!
Hope these links work!

Chapter 1: And I'm Proud to Present...
Chapter 2: Home Away from Home
Chapter 3:Shake your "Bon-Bon"
Chapter 4: The Tastiest Food in the World
Chapter 5: What could the surprises be?!
Restaurant Help!
DD Party!
Life Update!
Chapter 6 (finally): Travel Day!!
Chapter 7: Day Two!
Chapter 8: Day Three!
Chapter 9: Day Four!
Chapter 10: Day Five!
Chapter 11: Future Plans, Food, & Fun!
Chapter 12: Shopping and Preparing
Chapter 13: MICKEY MAIL!!!!!
Chapter 14: Here We GOOO! *UPDATED 7/13*

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 07-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

And I'm Proud to Present...

Chapter 1. And I'm Proud to Present...

The Cast!!!

These are my favorite Disney companions! My family! I am super exited to introduce you all of them. They all love Disney as much as me. Okay, almost as much,

This is my first PTR of any kind, so bear (sp?!) with me! I am pumped so things may get jumbled out of excitement!

Alright then, here we goooooo!

My momma! She is one of the biggest Disney fans I know, and I love love love her! Almost every morning that I am home, she sings the "Good Morning" song to me. It makes my day. She loves walking down Main Street in the morning, and cries when we leave the MK on the last day. She loves all of the characters and wishes to be the fairy godmother one day!

Daddy! I come from a family of Disney lovers, and my dad is surely one of them. He will be first in line for all of the thrill rides, but also loves his shows and relaxing time. I love love love that he is up for anything, and I always have fun going on trips with him. He is a Star Wars fan and cannot wait to see what the new ride is going to be like, although he is a little sad that the old one is no longer there. I think my mom plans for him to drive a boat or a bus down there sometime!

Just a picture of Momma and Daddy. They so cuteee
but moving onnn....

My sistaaa, Christie! My only true competitor when it comes to being a Disney FREAK! haha She knows almost as much as I do, but she is slowly gaining on me. We love taking thousands of pictures together and plan on doing so for years to come. Since this is our last family trip, I plan on taking many more with her in the near future! Christmas time anyone?! She is my best friend and I'm soo excited to make some new memories with her!

This is Jon. My sista's bf. Gags, just kidding! He's the little brother I never had, and he acts just like it! He has never been to Disney without it being a band trip. I'll probably reminice about past trips later, so you'll hear about how much better our trips are. He is super excited, or at least pretends to be when talking to me He reads about WDW a lot, and I'm sure you'll find another reader here soon

Aww, the happy couple!
and finally...

Me! Kayla's the name, and I will be your host on this PTR! I am sooooo excited to be going to WDW soon! I would die to be a princess, and have a serious cartoon crush on Aladdin. I am a future teacher and I cannot wait to be in the classroom. Hopefully, this will leave me summers to do a little traveling to my favorite place in the world!

I am soo excited to share my vacation plans with you guys! I hope that along the way you pick up, or drop off, some helpful hints! I am more than willing to share all of my favorites, and I am looking forward to picking up some of yours!

Next up... My home away from home.

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 03-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

hello seester! i'm glad you finally got some pictures and exciting stuff to talk about! i'm excited to see your next post!
Mini Minnie :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
1girln3boys
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Me: 38 DH: 39 DD 16 DS 14 DS 8 DS 6

Past Disney Trips:
First Family Trip Pop Century: June 6-11 2011
All Star Sports: May 31st-June 9th 2012
1girln3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Hi followed you over from the July 2011 Thread.

Did you go to Disney alot as a kid? My only fear with my children is that they will start to loose the MAGIC by it all since I have many years of more trips with them.

I just think how lucky they are, DD7 & DS5 have already been 4 times and DS3 has been three times.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
DalmationGal29
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo!

Hi Kayla! Great start to your report. I found it from your post on the July 2011 board.

My crazy bunch from NJ will also be there the same time you are.

I am trying to start a PTR as well, just haven't gotten there yet

Keep it going I am looking forward to reading more about your plans!!!

DalmationGal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Minnie :) View Post
hello seester! i'm glad you finally got some pictures and exciting stuff to talk about! i'm excited to see your next post!
You can add your two-sense too missy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girln3boys View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it.
I'm excited to share! Thanks for coming along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Hi followed you over from the July 2011 Thread.

Did you go to Disney alot as a kid? My only fear with my children is that they will start to loose the MAGIC by it all since I have many years of more trips with them.

I just think how lucky they are, DD7 & DS5 have already been 4 times and DS3 has been three times.
Thanks for coming along!! I only went three times as a kid, but plenty more as a teen! I know that my parents often wondered if we would get sick of it, especially because we were older. I am here to tell you that I never did get tired of traveling there! I think that it is because there is constant changes! Always something new to discover!

You're kids are so very lucky! I am sure that they will continue to enjoy your vacations to WDW or wherever else you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationGal29 View Post
Hi Kayla! Great start to your report. I found it from your post on the July 2011 board.

My crazy bunch from NJ will also be there the same time you are.

I am trying to start a PTR as well, just haven't gotten there yet

Keep it going I am looking forward to reading more about your plans!!!
Thanks for following along! I'm too excited to share my trip!
That's awesome that you will be down there at the same time! Where will you be staying?! And when you start your PTR, I'll be sure to follow along!

And to everyone else stopping by, THANKS! I would love to hear from you and will try to comment back to everyone! Share your thoughts or suggestions, because I would love to hear them!

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Hey Kayla! Also jumping over from the July planning board!

Looking forward to hear more about your plans in the upcomming months leading up to your trip!
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

Jumping in to follow along.
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
Hey Kayla! Also jumping over from the July planning board!

Looking forward to hear more about your plans in the upcomming months leading up to your trip!
Thanks for jumping over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybearsmom View Post
Jumping in to follow along.
Welcome aboard! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2. Home away from Home

Finally, an update! I've been patiently waiting to do this, but I have to promise myself that I will get my school work done before!

My favorite resort on Disney property would have to be....

The Wilderness Lodge!

There are sooo many reasons to love this resort! My family and I have chosen to stay here multiple times, as you can see from my past trips, and this year we were thinking...maybe we should do something different?

Beach Club again? The pool was amazinggg! and I loved being so close to EPCOT (My Favorite). But it didn't quite feel like home to us when we were there.

What about Port Orleans? That was my parents resort of choice when we were younger. I remember looking at pictures of Dixie Landings from past trips. But we were far from the MK, and had reservations early for Chef Mickey's (no car). That was a stinker...

How about Old Key West? My friends LOVE that resort and always rave about how nice it is. But the one time we went there, the buses were HORRIBLE. We never rent a car, so transportation was a big deak!

After much deliberation, my dad thought What about the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge! We all thought...THAT'S IT!

We had 1) never stayed there 2) heard GREAT things about it and 3) wanted something new! It seemed like the perfect thing to do with the five of us!

DUN DUN DUNN.
After booking the hotel and having everything set up, we got some interesting mail! A pin for FREE dining! Very exciting news because anytime you can save money in WDW is a great thing!
Bad news..we couldn't work it out with staying in the villas! I am not going to try to understand. So I was a little disappointed when my dad first told me. But then...he said we will just get two rooms at the Lodge and stay where we all wanted to in the first place!

I couldn't be happier! The lodge is sooooo beautiful and there is so many things to do! Me and my sister get a kick out of roaming around the grounds. We even got walkie talkies once to communicate with our parents. Such lame teenss

Also, the recreational boats are always a blast!

We've never had a problem with the buses or boat transportation here, and that is especially good for our Chef Mickey reservations! Just hop on over to the Contemporary!

I am soo excited about our choice of where to stay. It is honestly my home in WDW and I wouldn't want it any other way. I cannot wait to go explore and find all the Hidden Mickeys (because I never could before)!
But now that we know where we are staying...wouldn't it be nice to know where we are eating!?!
And I bet you're probably wondering about the title too!

Well, you'll hopefully hear about it soon! I have a pretty easy week coming up, so maybe I'll get a lot done on here!

Next Chapter..Dining in the World OR Shake your "Bon-Bon"....SURPRISES

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 03-28-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

Lovely work Kayla I think we both look young in that picture even for 2007 for some reason..
I just wanted to let you know that you're doing wonderfully and I love reading about what you have to say about our trips! I hope people agree! Can't wait to see the next suprise chapter! love you seester!

Mini Minnie :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Minnie :) View Post
Lovely work Kayla I think we both look young in that picture even for 2007 for some reason..
I just wanted to let you know that you're doing wonderfully and I love reading about what you have to say about our trips! I hope people agree! Can't wait to see the next suprise chapter! love you seester!
oh, hey thanks girrrl! new update coming soon!

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

sounds good so far can't wait to read more.. Have you guys ever eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe? I had never heard of it before the last trip report that I read..I am so curious about it

dilligaf212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf212 View Post
sounds good so far can't wait to read more.. Have you guys ever eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe? I had never heard of it before the last trip report that I read..I am so curious about it

Thanks for reading along! I'm excited to share! and YES! I have eaten at the Wispering Canyon Cafe, and I love it! I am positive that I will talk about it when I talk about past trips or my ADRs but to give a brief overview...

The food is delicious, in my opinion. It's mostly down home southern style food. Its some very good BBQ if I do say so myself.
BUT, what makes the WCC soo special is the experience. I have always have a wonderful server, and it has been a hoot everytime. There are so many little things that they do to make your experience a blast. I'll talk more about that later though!
Hope that helps!

Current Reports!
Completed Reports!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: