Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #76
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

yes, one of the ways Alexis "helped" was to insist on wearing her new Goofy shirt today. It wasn't like a big surprise or anything, but it was a new shirt I bought and I was going to wait till Disney for her to wear it. Oh well!

I did realize today that I have WAY too many Disney clothes to choose from though! I think I'm gonna plan on 2 outfits a day for the girls
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #77
lledman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post
yes, one of the ways Alexis "helped" was to insist on wearing her new Goofy shirt today. It wasn't like a big surprise or anything, but it was a new shirt I bought and I was going to wait till Disney for her to wear it. Oh well!

I did realize today that I have WAY too many Disney clothes to choose from though! I think I'm gonna plan on 2 outfits a day for the girls
I bought some new digs for Dis and then when I added them to what was in their drawers my kids have too many outfits as well. You have to love the extra help Our bags are in our camper right now - I packed them all out there so that I could purposely do it by myself
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #78
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post

the only time my kids like to help is when i dont need them to

i don't think two outfits/ day will be overkill, especially if you take breaks or have messy eaters!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #79
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
the only time my kids like to help is when i dont need them to

i don't think two outfits/ day will be overkill, especially if you take breaks or have messy eaters!

oh man, they're incredibly messy eaters! The 18 month old makes everything into the messiest food I've ever given her. Who knew m&ms could be so messy! I figure we'll be taking a break every day back at the resort, and going swimming some. I won't want to put sweaty/dirty clothes back on them anyway... might as well get good use out of all their disney clothes!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #80
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend here... thought I'd share some pictures

Saturday there was an Easter egg hunt at our mall. Our church meets in an old restaurant in the mall and we worked with the mall to put it on. The Easter Bunny was walking around taking pictures... for free!
I was really excited that the girls let us take them close to the bunny, because that gives me hope for the disney character pictures!

Our little mall has a carousel in it too, Kaitlyn used to hate it, but she finally likes it now. Alexis loves it!

Sunday morning they opened their baskets. Alexis got Tangled, which she was really excited about!

Before heading to church-

After naps we did a little egg hunt in our front yard

and then just cause I love this picture, we played with the bubbles the easter bunny brought!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #81
lledman
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter!!!
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #82
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

I am glad that you guys had a really good Easter!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #83
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

34 days!

I've been working on my to do list... here's the work in progress, it's actually gotten longer -

talk to pet sitter about details/instructions
talk to friend that lives near Orlando about meeting for dinner Monday night
talk to cousin about details of trip (we're staying with her Monday night)
find portable dvd player to borrow (or a reasonably priced one to buy)
get backpack we're borrowing from a friend
make planning notebook ----almost done, just have to reprint a couple of things that have been updated
make index cards w/ ADR and must do info on it to take into parks---- need to reprint with updated info
pack! started, but not nearly done

new things-
schedule haircut
get haircut
finish buying snacks/breakfasts- muffins, donuts, cokes and diet cokes, dum dums
buy ponchos
make a "day before" to do list

Now I'm gonna post some pictures of the planning journal!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #84
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Your girls are so adorable!

We bought a new DVD player. I got it from Target online. It was $99 with free shipping. I tested it out yesterday and it works really well.

I started packing yesterday. For some reason I feel so overwhelmed with it this trip. Maybe it's having 2 kids instead of just 1.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #85
Singledad
DIS Veteran

joining in, and your packing list doesn't seem that bad.

Although I know you already made the choice about PP, I just had to add in that there is more to PP than just the character meets. you get the iconic photos with castle, golf ball, hat, etc. and they can even do 'magic' shots such as with tinkerbell in your hands. Add in you can get ALL your photos on as many CD's needed for that one price... well that is much cheaper than even a studio photo shoot. You even get the release so can you print the anywhere, so can go to wally world and print for 3c a print! I think maybe you should do as the other poster said and let photopass take the photos with both their and then your camera. Then show him the site when home so that maybe he can get an idea of how good of a deal it can be if you pre-order. You also get to just enjoy being there more, rather than worrying about trying to photograph everything!

I know money is tight, but some things are worth more than just the cost of money. (that is the line I tell myself any time I buy something that is 'too much money'.)

anyway, I am in for the ride now!

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #86
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Well, I had big plans of posting my planning journal pics, but then my power went out a few minutes later! Bad storms down here in GA today. Looks like the power's going to be out all day! I'm on my phone now.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #87
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

We got hit with bad weather in TN, too. Stay safe!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #88
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

I hope everything is ok there. It's been raining and storming here for 2 weeks but we luckily haven't seen the tornadoes that some places have.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #89
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about the weather- my sister says that she's getting a lot of tornadoes in Arkansas lately and here in NY we are just getting tons of rain and gray skies! I hope that the power comes on soon! I am looking forward to your journal!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #90
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

there was some CRAZY weather here last night. There was a big tornado about 20 minutes from us, and a huge one about an hour or so from us. We all hung out in our hall bathroom for about 30 minutes last night. Luckily all we got was wind, rain and hail.
still no power at my house though, I'm at my IL's house today. should be fun replacing everything in our fridge and freezer!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: