Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #61
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,840

I'm really jealous of thatknorail mail! That's really cool!

I like to keep a reusable shopping bag in the bottom of my stroller. Then if I accumulate any new stuff during the day I can toss it I the bag in the stroller. Then it only takes a second when I need to fold it up. No getting sleeping kids out until the last second!

I think the photopass cd is so great. We didn't hunt for opportunities and still ended up with hundreds. Maybe you could promise to use on for your holiday cards- saving a trip to the photographer? If not maybe you could ask for it for a Christmas or birthday gift? Maybe he won't fight it so hard if he realizes how important it is? And I'd bet he won't say much about it anyways after he gets his big surprise lol!
__________________
Chris Lauren James, 5 Maya, 9



May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #62
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran
 
chicagoshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post

Recently I've been doing a lot of research about the photopass CD. I posted on the family board to see if people thought we'd get our money's worth with 2 toddlers that never look at the camera at the same time. The responses I received convinced me it was definitely worth the $100 pre order. Especially since I learned that you can get a refund if you don't like the pictures! However, DH is NOT convinced and he thinks it's an absurd amount to spend on pictures So... how do I convince him? I've told him that they get candid pics, and it'll be easy to get pictures of our whole family together, and it's refundable if we don't like the pics. We even have a $150 gift card we got for Christmas and I said we could use that and just not buy many souvenirs, but won't go for it I *really* want to do it. I'm worried we'll regret it when there's tons of great pictures, and we don't want to spend $150 for the cd or $15 for each 4x6 we want. We'd only have to get 7 4x6s to get our money out of it, or less if we want any 5x7 or bigger.

UGH! The only thing we ever fight about it money. I'm a spender and he's a saver. I say it's our girls' 1st trip to Disney... spare no expense! And he's of the mindset that we've already spent too much money and we don't need to spend a dime more

So... how do I get him on board?

I say just have him pose for the pictures AND at the same time have the photopass photographer use YOUR camera to take the pics too. You won't get the cool tinkerbell shots or borders but you'll still get some great pictures. After you get home you can look at the photopass pictures and compare them to the ones from your camera and make your decision. I have yet to run into a PP photographer that refuses to use my camera and some of them even offer!
__________________
Me 36DH 37DD 7 DS 4
chicagoshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #63
sahm2two
Mouseketeer
 
sahm2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419



A couple of quick updates
1. I decided to suck it up and let DH have his way about the photopass I think we'll end up not doing very many character meets where they have the photopass because we have 4 character meals. And I'm going to make DH ask the CMs to take a picture with our camera Both of us hate asking people to do things for us, so we always engage in a "no, you do it... no you" discussion. But since he didn't want to spend the $$$ he gets to ask!

2. We got Fairy Godmother mail today! If you don't know what this is and have kids, go check out the stickied thread in the Family forum! People that are at WDW right now will send a postcard to your kids "from Mickey" or whoever is their favorite. Alexis thought it was so great! Ours was from the Princesses

3. I have 2 new ADRs... but they're both for Kona Cafe, so obviously I'm not keeping both. I just have to decide which other ADR I want to cancel. One option is to cancel Crystal Palace on MK day 1, but Alexis keeps saying she's eating with Pooh, so I think she's looking forward to that, even though she's not super into Pooh (we've never actually seen him on tv! she just has books and a stuffed animal). Option 2 is to cancel Biergarten on our Epcot day. How long would it take us to get over to Poly from Epcot? Andrew was looking forward to Biergarten, but I think if I showed him some food porn from Kona he might change his mind...

I'm *really* close to finishing my planning journal! Pictures will be up soon. If my dang printer will cooperate it might be done tonight!


sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #64
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran
 
chicagoshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,649

I think I'd cancel Biergarten. I'm sure it's good adult food but I'm not sure if kids would love it or not. I know my daughter wouldn't touch anything from there. Not sure if your kids are picky eaters or not but somethign to think about.

You could take a monorail over to the TCC from Epcot and then walk to Poly or transfer to the resort monorail if you wanted.
__________________
Me 36DH 37DD 7 DS 4
chicagoshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #65
sahm2two
Mouseketeer
 
sahm2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
I think I'd cancel Biergarten. I'm sure it's good adult food but I'm not sure if kids would love it or not. I know my daughter wouldn't touch anything from there. Not sure if your kids are picky eaters or not but somethign to think about.

You could take a monorail over to the TCC from Epcot and then walk to Poly or transfer to the resort monorail if you wanted.
Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna try to convince DH. I know I would like Kona better, and I think it'd be easier to find something for the girls. DH was really looking forward to an all sausage meal

another Disney update-

I just called and made reservations for both girls to get their 1st real haircut at Harmony Barbershop! I'm really excited about it! It's at 9am on our 2nd MK kingdom day, so it's before our Chef Mickey's ADR. I'm gonna have them put some pixie dust in their hair too
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #66
Eventer98
DIS Veteran
 
Eventer98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,621

Hi there! Just found your pre-trip report..we are going in May too! I saw one thing I was going to throw my two cents in on...your plan for DHS. I would go to TSM first thing. If you wait and get the STours FP first I think you will regret it. The line for TSM can be an hour in as little as 15m after parking opening. I would grab FPs for there first and then go to the Great Movie Ride or Playhouse Disney. Your return time will prob be for 60-90m after you get it. Then you can ride and grab the FPs for Star Tours. Or just check our the standby line for STours immediately after grabbing those TSM FP's. Just a thought!
We are trying Boma for the first time as well...it was either that or Tusker House but since we are staying at AKL I figure it will be easier. Can't wait for more
__________________


(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #67
sahm2two
Mouseketeer
 
sahm2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Hi there! Just found your pre-trip report..we are going in May too! I saw one thing I was going to throw my two cents in on...your plan for DHS. I would go to TSM first thing. If you wait and get the STours FP first I think you will regret it. The line for TSM can be an hour in as little as 15m after parking opening. I would grab FPs for there first and then go to the Great Movie Ride or Playhouse Disney. Your return time will prob be for 60-90m after you get it. Then you can ride and grab the FPs for Star Tours. Or just check our the standby line for STours immediately after grabbing those TSM FP's. Just a thought!
We are trying Boma for the first time as well...it was either that or Tusker House but since we are staying at AKL I figure it will be easier. Can't wait for more
Thanks for the advice! My original plans were to head straight for TSM to get a fastpass, but then I was thinking because Star Tours is reopening 10 days before *and* it's star wars weekend that it would be crazy packed We definitely want to ride TSM though!
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #68
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran
 
chicagoshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,649

Madeline had her first haircut at the barber shop. It was great!

I'll race you to TSM for fast passes I plan on getting those while DH takes dd to sign up for jedi training/ Then we'll meet up by star tours.
__________________
Me 36DH 37DD 7 DS 4
chicagoshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #69
Eventer98
DIS Veteran
 
Eventer98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,621

I hear you! I guess it depends which one you want to ride more...either way you can't lose
I also did both my kids 1st haircuts at the barbershop..it was great!!!
__________________


(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #70
Monknmom
DIS Veteran
 
Monknmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post


A couple of quick updates
1. I decided to suck it up and let DH have his way about the photopass I think we'll end up not doing very many character meets where they have the photopass because we have 4 character meals. And I'm going to make DH ask the CMs to take a picture with our camera Both of us hate asking people to do things for us, so we always engage in a "no, you do it... no you" discussion. But since he didn't want to spend the $$$ he gets to ask!

2. We got Fairy Godmother mail today! If you don't know what this is and have kids, go check out the stickied thread in the Family forum! People that are at WDW right now will send a postcard to your kids "from Mickey" or whoever is their favorite. Alexis thought it was so great! Ours was from the Princesses

3. I have 2 new ADRs... but they're both for Kona Cafe, so obviously I'm not keeping both. I just have to decide which other ADR I want to cancel. One option is to cancel Crystal Palace on MK day 1, but Alexis keeps saying she's eating with Pooh, so I think she's looking forward to that, even though she's not super into Pooh (we've never actually seen him on tv! she just has books and a stuffed animal). Option 2 is to cancel Biergarten on our Epcot day. How long would it take us to get over to Poly from Epcot? Andrew was looking forward to Biergarten, but I think if I showed him some food porn from Kona he might change his mind...

I'm *really* close to finishing my planning journal! Pictures will be up soon. If my dang printer will cooperate it might be done tonight!


1- Awesome that you finally came to an agreement about the PP! Your DH sounds a little more negotiable than mine!
2- I am going to check that out! I would love for Woody or Buzz to send DS a note from Disney! Thank you for that, I didn't know!
3- I agree with some of the other posters, Biergarten doesn't sound like a kid friendly place too much unless your children like that stuff! I am debating on some stuff too- I can't wait until you get back and give the TR I would love to hear how everything turned out!

As your getting closer are you getting antsy? I can't wait until it's time to go!
__________________
Monknmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #71
sahm2two
Mouseketeer
 
sahm2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
As your getting closer are you getting antsy? I can't wait until it's time to go!
um.... yes! Yesterday I was talking to DH about getting an ADR for Kona and he said "why do you keep changing everything?" I'm still working on the planning journal still, and I think by the time I get that done I'll be able to start packing!
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #72
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

such great planning. I am so sorry that you DH is not into paying for the photopass. I was lucky that during our last trip a DISfriend went at the same time and allowed us to be on her phontopass. We got tons of memorable pics and was able to add some great borders. I would definalty have the photopass people use your camera to take pics but still get some photopass pics. That way you can show the great pics you would have gotten on the photopass and maybe you can convince him to do it next time. Would it help that you can get an unlimited amount of pics on the photopass plus than add some great graphics. So if you have 100 pics taken, and than add borders to each of those pics you have 200 pictures. That come out to 50 cents a pic. A great deal in my book.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #73
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,051

Haircuts at the barbershop sound great. If I ever have another kid they are getting their first haircut there.

I loved having the photopass last year. I am always the one taking pictures so if we didn't have photopass we wouldn't have had any proof that I was on the trip last year. We did have the photographer use our camera a few times, but it was much easier just handing of the photopass card.
__________________
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #74
sahm2two
Mouseketeer
 
sahm2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419


I started packing today! yes... I still have 41 days

I decided the girls have enough clothes to go without their disney clothes for a month, when I would've normally started packing, so I started packing their clothes. I didn't get very far with all the "help" I had, so it's probably good I'm starting so early!




sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #75
Monknmom
DIS Veteran
 
Monknmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post

I started packing today! yes... I still have 41 days

I decided the girls have enough clothes to go without their disney clothes for a month, when I would've normally started packing, so I started packing their clothes. I didn't get very far with all the "help" I had, so it's probably good I'm starting so early!




Oh I bet that's so exciting, I can't wait to be packing! "helping" sounds like something my child would do!
__________________
Monknmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.