Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #31
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Hey subbing! We are not going until December, but we have the DDP also so I wanted to see how you planned your days because I keep getting told we are going to be doing more eating than rides, but we are really only making ADR's for b-fast and dinner, lunch will be whatever we feel like and don't have to wait in line for. Any food credits leftover (we are driving too) we figure that we will just cash in at Earl in DTD-without the condiments on it so it doesn't get soggy. We are also staying in all star movies! I am excited and good luck! By the way, is Chef Mickey's on the dining plan? The internet doesn't state that, we would like to do it so do you have to call to get it on the dining plan?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #32
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Just found your PTR and I am loving it. Your DD's are super cute.

We are going at about the same time as you guys but unfortunatly don't seem to be going to the same parks on the same day. Oh, well. I'll have to use my Brain waves to give you a mental hello while we are there.

If you do make it down to Hobby Lobby for the t-shirt stuff, take a look at there scrapbooking section. They have alot of great stickers (and other scrapbooking stuff) in both Walt Disney World (Princesses, Mickey, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh. . .) and Star Wars.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
Hey subbing! We are not going until December, but we have the DDP also so I wanted to see how you planned your days because I keep getting told we are going to be doing more eating than rides, but we are really only making ADR's for b-fast and dinner, lunch will be whatever we feel like and don't have to wait in line for. Any food credits leftover (we are driving too) we figure that we will just cash in at Earl in DTD-without the condiments on it so it doesn't get soggy. We are also staying in all star movies! I am excited and good luck! By the way, is Chef Mickey's on the dining plan? The internet doesn't state that, we would like to do it so do you have to call to get it on the dining plan?
I'm pretty sure you can book it online with the dining plan, I know I did For some reason it doesn't list the dining plan on the main Chef Mickey's page, but if you go to make a reservation and then click on the link for dining plan info this is what you get-
Dining plans accepted at Chef Mickey's
When you book your vacation, you can purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each plan offers certain meal entitlements that can be redeemed at select restaurants. For more information, please visit the Disney Dining Plans page

Use the chart below to find the number of Table-Service Meals redeemed per person at this restaurant for each dining plan.

Disney Dining Plan Type Entitlements Used At Location
Breakfast Lunch Dinner
QS dining plan — — —
Dining plan 1 1 1
Deluxe dining plan 1 1 1
Premium dining plan 1 1 1
Platinum dining plan 1 1 1

It fills up pretty far in advance though, so you might have to stalk the website to get an ADR It can work though, I just got one for breakfast at the Tusker House and I've been looking for a couple months with no luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Just found your PTR and I am loving it. Your DD's are super cute.

We are going at about the same time as you guys but unfortunatly don't seem to be going to the same parks on the same day. Oh, well. I'll have to use my Brain waves to give you a mental hello while we are there.

If you do make it down to Hobby Lobby for the t-shirt stuff, take a look at there scrapbooking section. They have alot of great stickers (and other scrapbooking stuff) in both Walt Disney World (Princesses, Mickey, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh. . .) and Star Wars.
Thanks I'm definitely going to have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby sometime soon, I drive past it a couple times a month but I usually have 2 toddlers with me and a place to be

Working on another update... coming up soon is Days 4 and 5 at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #34
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Day 4

Day 4- Animal Kingdom 9am-6pm
Must Dos-
Festival of the Lion King
Kilimanjaro Safaris*
Boneyard
Finding Nemo musical*
Maharajah Jungle trek*
Expedition Everest (for me and Andrew)

8:05am ADR @Tusker House
Really excited about having 1 breakfast ADR that we get to go in the park before it’s open!
Straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris for fast pass and ride once. I think the girls are going to like this, so I want to be able to do it twice if they want to.
Jungle Trek
Get fast pass for EE
Depending on times for Finding Nemo and Lion King, we’ll play in the Boneyard or do other attractions
12pm lunch at Yak and Yeti
back to hotel for naps/swimming
Finish up “to do” list and then do any other attractions we missed before
Park closes at 6pm
6:25pm ADR at Boma

This day is packed full of ADRs, so we may or may not make it to all of them. I'm really looking forward to Yak and Yeti (especially the dessert... fried wontons w/pineapple... drool!), but if the girls aren't feeling it, or dinner that night, we may skip it and try out the food court at All Star Movies

Other trip related news, I have a shopping problem The girls have so many Disney shirts/outfits they'll have enough to wear 2 outfits every day They really already had enough outfits for one a day before I even booked the trip, and since then I've been picking out stuff here and there as I see it Oh well!

I'm working on a welcome basket for both of them, so far they each have a tshirt (one looks like Belle's dress and the other like Cinderella's dress), stickers, Alexis has a hat (I'd love for Kaitlyn to have one too, but she just won't keep one on... hopefully her little scalp doesn't get burnt ), Alexis has a sleeping beauty Barbie (I'm going to get Kaitlyn a stuffed animal of some sort... maybe Daisy if I can find one!), and I still need to get a couple more things... some lollipops for both of them and 1 or 2 more things for Kaitlyn so they both get "equal" baskets.

I also recently read a trip report that she made little road bags for each kid with coloring books, crayons and other things to keep them busy on the road. I was already collecting stuff for the road, but hadn't thought about making special bags for each kid, so I might do that too! We already have 2 reusable bags from the Disney store with Princesses on them, so I think I'm going to use those and maybe get some puff paint to add their names to it and make each bag special for that specific girl. I'll post pics when that stuff is a little more organized!

Recently I've been adding a lot of things to my to do list for Disney, but not crossing much off 57 days! Only 53 days till we leave though

Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #35
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

to do list

I'm a big fan of lists... I've got at least 5-6 going for this trip Maybe after I'm done with all the touring plans I'll post some more of the lists, packing lists and such. They're loooooooong. I'm glad I drive Hopefully our big SUV will hold it all

So here's the to do list that I'm working on, it keeps getting longer though
  • finish "touring plan"
  • cancel ADRs we're not using (just a few left to cancel... after I make up my mind!)
  • talk to pet sitter about details/instructions
  • talk to friend that lives near Orlando about meeting for dinner Monday night
  • talk to cousin about details of trip (we're staying with her Monday night)
  • find portable dvd player to borrow (or a reasonably priced one to buy)
  • get backpack we're borrowing from a friend
  • make planning notebook
  • make index cards w/ ADR and must do info on it to take into parks
  • pack!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #36
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Howdy, neighbor! (I'm in southeast TN)

Found you PTR... have enjoyed reading! 1st trips are always so exciting... especially with little ones!

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice. Our girls were 4 and 6 on our first trip (in 2007). Our 2nd trip was just last October, and they were 7 and 9. Hoping to make another family trip in 2013 (once the Fantasyland expansion is completed)... in the meantime, I'm heading to WDW in September for my first adults-only trip!

Anyway, I was going to suggest changing your dinner from RFC to Boma... and then I read that you already did, LOL! I think you'll enjoy it... the food is soooo good! It's my all-time favorite restaurant. Be sure to explore the resort... you can head outside to (hopefully) see some of the animals.

If you still need ideas for a QS meal at Epcot, I can suggest Sunshine Seasons (it's kind of a mini-food court inside the Land Pavilion), Yakitori House (Japan Pavilion) and San Angel Cantina (Mexico Pavilion)... all of these are really good!

Looking forward to reading more!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #37
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Howdy, neighbor! (I'm in southeast TN)

Found you PTR... have enjoyed reading! 1st trips are always so exciting... especially with little ones!

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice. Our girls were 4 and 6 on our first trip (in 2007). Our 2nd trip was just last October, and they were 7 and 9. Hoping to make another family trip in 2013 (once the Fantasyland expansion is completed)... in the meantime, I'm heading to WDW in September for my first adults-only trip!

Anyway, I was going to suggest changing your dinner from RFC to Boma... and then I read that you already did, LOL! I think you'll enjoy it... the food is soooo good! It's my all-time favorite restaurant. Be sure to explore the resort... you can head outside to (hopefully) see some of the animals.

If you still need ideas for a QS meal at Epcot, I can suggest Sunshine Seasons (it's kind of a mini-food court inside the Land Pavilion), Yakitori House (Japan Pavilion) and San Angel Cantina (Mexico Pavilion)... all of these are really good!

Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome!

I'm already planning a trip in 2014 I want to go again when the girls are old enough for BBB

Thanks for the tips! We'll definitely walk around the resort when we go to Boma I've heard such great things about this restaurant.
I was actually just asking my brother yesterday if he had any suggestions for QS in Epcot Thanks! I've read some TRs that included Sunshine Seasons, so we might try that. Or San Angel since I have a feeling my girls will like the boat ride in Mexico
Old 04-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #38
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I definalty know what you mean about the lists. I have about 5 going on myself and there is only 2 of us going.
And because of you I bought a great binder to keep everything in (also have a notecard binder that I will use for inside the parks) but some how all my stickers disappeared. I think it is time to check the kids rooms.

Great planning, it will be our first time at Boma as well and I can't wait!!!
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #39
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I just followed you over from someone else's pre-trip report.

Your girls are so adorable

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #40
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Finally found a few minutes to zip on over to your PTR and sub. Your girls are so cute and you have some great plans so far. You guys are going to have such a great first family vacation! I am extra fond of the memories I have of our very first family trip to Disney

I'm not sure that you would need to FP Jungle cruise that early in the morning on your first MK day. Maybe you should save it for something else that will get longer lines that early like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh. I didn't see PP on either of your MK lists but you should definitely do it--you "fly" in pirate ships; your girls will love it!

Quote:
Had to comment on this--yes CM is on the dining plan. And we also do DxDP for our trips. You hear that statement a lot--you're going to spend more time eating than you are touring the parks; but don't let it scare you off the DxDP. We really love it and it works for us. Besides, you gotta eat while your at Disney right? It's nice to take a break from touring at a TS restaurant and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle at the CS places. If you feel like you are going to have a lot of meal credits leftover, then book a 2 credit TS meal like a dinner show or a signature restaurant. We have a tendency to book a breakfast buffet and a dinner and we just snack for lunch--that way we aren't doing 3 sit down meals a day.

Just thought I'd let you know that we still felt like we had plenty of time to tour and do rides even though we did the DxDP.
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #41
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Had to comment on this--yes CM is on the dining plan. And we also do DxDP for our trips. You hear that statement a lot--you're going to spend more time eating than you are touring the parks; but don't let it scare you off the DxDP. We really love it and it works for us. Besides, you gotta eat while your at Disney right? It's nice to take a break from touring at a TS restaurant and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle at the CS places. If you feel like you are going to have a lot of meal credits leftover, then book a 2 credit TS meal like a dinner show or a signature restaurant. We have a tendency to book a breakfast buffet and a dinner and we just snack for lunch--that way we aren't doing 3 sit down meals a day.

Just thought I'd let you know that we still felt like we had plenty of time to tour and do rides even though we did the DxDP.
Oh good, thank you! Yeah we are used to sitting down and eating (my son is kept on a pretty strict diet with his nutritionist- Disney we are going to let him have what he would like though- it's not a life or death diet it's just a revised diet of natural foods to help him maintain and control himself instead of medicine!) but anyway, we are not really into the whole fast food scene but once or twice and we aren't really planning on any times to go back to the hotel for resting so I figured this would be a good time to take a breath and relax- and still sorta kinda eat a little better even though we are on vacation! So thank you for letting me know and I will keep it in there- I might just do ADR's for breakfast and dinner then? Not sure I will start a PTR of my own and ask people on of these days!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #42
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Oh good, thank you! Yeah we are used to sitting down and eating (my son is kept on a pretty strict diet with his nutritionist- Disney we are going to let him have what he would like though- it's not a life or death diet it's just a revised diet of natural foods to help him maintain and control himself instead of medicine!) but anyway, we are not really into the whole fast food scene but once or twice and we aren't really planning on any times to go back to the hotel for resting so I figured this would be a good time to take a breath and relax- and still sorta kinda eat a little better even though we are on vacation! So thank you for letting me know and I will keep it in there- I might just do ADR's for breakfast and dinner then? Not sure I will start a PTR of my own and ask people on of these days!
Diet is another reason we like TS restaurants. My son has a food allergy and it's easier to talk to the chefs about what he can and cannot have when they come right to your table. I always feel like I'm holding people up when I'm asking about that stuff at a CS place.

Breakfast and dinner ADR's work well for us. And for lunch we snack or mayber order one CS meal to split. I'll usually schedule an early breakfast (8 am) and an early dinner (5 pm), or a later breakfast (10-11) followed by a normal dinner time (6-7). If we do the later breakfast, then we catch morning like snacks from the CS place at our resort--muffins, a bagel, fresh fruit, etc. These can usually be purchased with a snack credit which is great! This year I have a day where we are not going to do a breakfast at all, but an early lunch (11ish) and then dinner at 7.

Now that I've hijacked Sara's PTR (Sorry!!) and gotten a bit , I think I'm done
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #43
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I definalty know what you mean about the lists. I have about 5 going on myself and there is only 2 of us going.
And because of you I bought a great binder to keep everything in (also have a notecard binder that I will use for inside the parks) but some how all my stickers disappeared. I think it is time to check the kids rooms.

Great planning, it will be our first time at Boma as well and I can't wait!!!
I'm about 1/2 way done with my notebook, I'll post pictures when it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I just followed you over from someone else's pre-trip report.

Your girls are so adorable

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.
Welcome! and thanks! I think they're pretty cute, but I'm a little bias

Quote:
Finally found a few minutes to zip on over to your PTR and sub. Your girls are so cute and you have some great plans so far. You guys are going to have such a great first family vacation! I am extra fond of the memories I have of our very first family trip to Disney

I'm not sure that you would need to FP Jungle cruise that early in the morning on your first MK day. Maybe you should save it for something else that will get longer lines that early like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh. I didn't see PP on either of your MK lists but you should definitely do it--you "fly" in pirate ships; your girls will love it!
Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll use the FP for Winnie the Pooh. I want to make sure we hit all the rides that the girls will recognize 1st and then everything else will be extra. They don't know who Peter Pan is I need to look for the movie on ebay. That's on my list and 101 Dalmations (especially since we're staying at ASMo) I don't plan on getting a FP unless the standby line is longer than 30 minutes, that seems to be the general rule of thumb that I've seen.

Quote:

Now that I've hijacked Sara's PTR (Sorry!!) and gotten a bit , I think I'm done
No worries! I was excited to log on and see a bunch of replies

now for an update!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #44
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Day 5- Disney Hollywood Studios (9am-?)- Star Wars Weekend!

Must dos-
Toy Story Mania*
Muppets 3D
Voyage of Little Mermaid*
Beauty and the Beast*
Indiana Jones
Lights, Motors, Action!
Block Party Bash
Star Tours****
Eat breakfast in the hotel room, or Starring Rolls (snack credit)
check out of hotel
Rope Drop- this is a MUST because of SWW, since I’m surprising Andrew I hope he isn’t dragging his heels getting ready! I figure the park doesn’t open till 9am, so we shouldn’t have an issue getting there in time. Hopefully it’s not too crazy busy. I just want Andrew to see the Storm Troopers and the big sign By the time we’re leaving he’ll know because of the girl’s shirts... but I won't tell him if he doesn't ask. He might just assume it's because of Star Tours? I’m not really trying too hard to hide that, so he may see it one of the other days and ask why they have SW tshirts

Straight to Star Tours for fast pass (I assume they’ll have one for this when it reopens…)
next to TSM for what is hopefully not a crazy standby line
Check times for The Little Mermaid
Check times for Beauty and the Beast
see a show
Pizza Planet for lunch whenever, around 11 or 12
No nap today Hopefully the girls don’t have melt downs! Thinking maybe we’ll do a quiet show or something or maybe just go ride the monorail for a while to have a little fake rest? Any suggestions?
Anything that hasn’t already been done, especially things with * or Star Tours if we haven’t already used the FP.
5:20 ADR for dinner at 50’s PTC
Leave

This night we’ll go back to my sister’s house in south GA. It’s about 4 hours away, and I’m hoping the girls will fall asleep in the car around 9, so maybe will be able to make it there by 10-11pm?

I got the girls' tshirts today... very cute! I wish my older DD had a little more hair, then she could have Princess Leia buns I keep my hair too short for it too. Oh well!

Not sure what my next "official" update will be, I might share my packing list, but it might scare some of you!

Last edited by sahm2two; 04-05-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Packing list

here it is... brace yourself!

Packing list for Disney World:

Andrew/Sara-
• Shirts- 5 days
• Underwear/bra
• Shorts- 5 days
• Hairbands, bobby pins
• Jewelry
• Socks
• Comfy shoes- tennis shoes, Keens, flip flops
• Bathing suits
• Toothbrush/toothpaste
• Deodorant
• Contacts/solution/case
• Glasses
• Chapstick
• Lotion
• Makeup
• Tampons/pads
• Razor/shaving cream
• Hair brush
• Straightener
• Blow dryer

Alexis/Kaitlyn-
• Diapers
• Wipes
• Water shoes/flip flops for girls
• Socks
• Shoes for every outfit (not a different pair, but enough that they have a couple different pairs to wear)
• Bathing suits
• Bedtime supplies (blankies, stuffed animals, etc)
• Pack & Play (or reserve at hotel?)
• Swim diapers
• Activities for car ride/waiting in lines- coloring books, crayons, stickers, books/TAG reader, any other suggestions???
• Toothbrush/paste
• Detangler spray
• Hair brush
• Princess dresses/accessories (for our breakfast at CRT)

General use-
• Sunscreen
• Hats for everyone
• Sunglasses for everyone
• Backpack for park
• Mini fan/spray bottle
• Ponchos
• Sippy cups
• Dish soap (for cleaning sippy cups)
• Snacks/breakfasts- poptarts, granola bars, fruit, mini muffins, pretzels, fruit snacks, raisins, apple juice, capri suns, bread, pnut butter
• Bug spray
• Aloe
• Q-tips
• Cameras (we’ll bring 3 a cheapy digital, our DSLR and our video camera)
• Batteries
• Battery charger for dslr and video
• Cell phone/charger
• Planning notebook/pens
• Ipod/fm transmitter
• Portable dvd player/several dvds
• Laptop? (not sure if we’ll bring this or not)
• Umbrella
• Beach bag (for pool trips)
• 1st aid kit- antibiotic ointment, bandaids, moleskin
• Medicine- allergy, Tylenol (adult and kids), pepto bismol
• Wet ones
• Tide to go
• Water bottles for everyone
• Nightlight
• Pillows
• Magazine/books for the car
• Purse/wallet (with cash, cc, and gift cards)
• Small bills for tips/tolls
• Ziplock bags (sandwich size and gallon)
• Walmart bags
• Small towel
• Cooler (for car ride with snacks/drinks)
• DD’s travel lap desk
• Scissors
• Body glide
• Plastic drink lids (to catch drips of melting popsicles!)
• Glow sticks
• Power strip
• Plastic forks/spoons/knives (for leftovers in the room  )
• Bath color tablets/bath confetti (Tinkerbell is going to visit DDs’ bath!)

As you can see, I have quite a list going! Lots of things were added reading the tip board here… such great tips over there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: