Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #151
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Yay for packing!! I'm planning on doing the ziplock outfits too, it'll really help too if I need DH to help me dress them if they are already labeled!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #152
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

I'm telling you. The ziploc bag idea is the best thing ever. My kids just grab their little bags, get dressed and we are on our way. It also helps for compacting a change of clothes for the park. You can squish all the air out of those babies and they are as flat as a pancake. I love them. I have the kids clothes packed already. Their suitcase looks empty because everything is in little ziploc bags.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #153
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

I have extra outfits for both girls packed in our backpack for the parks in sandwich size ziplock bags! They're little sundresses that I folded and squished and now they hardly take up any room

Alexis seems to be feeling a lot better this morning, hoping she's on the mend!

I'm doing the happy dance today... 1 week!!!!!

So, another installment of *This Time Next Week* (I might do 2 of those today )

We will have woken up at 5:30am to get ready for our 1st day at Disney (I guess I was practicing today because after an early night last night, Alexis woke me up at 5:40)
We will have woken the girls up at 6am to get them dressed and in the car
We will have checked in to All Star Movies, gotten our key cards, and dropped off our bags
We will have driven to MK and parked
We will be at MK, heading toward the castle for our 8:30 ADR at CRT!

sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #154
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Whooohooo! We are almost there!!!

I your in 1 week posts. I keep saying I should do that, too. I am already 2 days behind, though.

I finally got the kiddos packed last night. I did the ziplock bags and I think it should really simplify things. I like that you got the girls sundresses into a sandwich ziplock. Now that is small.

I wish Lidian would update FB. I am needing my Disney fix this morning.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #155
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
Whooohooo! We are almost there!!!

I your in 1 week posts. I keep saying I should do that, too. I am already 2 days behind, though.

I finally got the kiddos packed last night. I did the ziplock bags and I think it should really simplify things. I like that you got the girls sundresses into a sandwich ziplock. Now that is small.

I wish Lidian would update FB. I am needing my Disney fix this morning.

for packing! I've spent so much time going over which outfits I want the girls to wear on which day, if I hadn't done the ziplock bag thing I probably would've ended up with outfits leftover that they didn't wear and be upset that they never wore them. Now I have 1 outfit for each day that's really cute and they'll start out wearing, then the 2nd outfit is still cute, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they didn't wear it.

I'm really enjoying Lidian's fb updates! I'm glad I found her before her trip
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #156
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Yay! for 7 days! I love dresses for diaper bags. They hardly take up any room at all. They're pretty much all my daughter will wear so her spot in the suitcase doesn't take up much room either.

Glad she's feeling better. You can look at it as a good thing... at least she wont' get sick at Disney.

9 more days for us.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #157
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

We are planning to do the ziplocks! I didn't realize that you are going to stay at all star movies- hopefully they give you a refurbished room and you can let me know how it is! I'm really glad that she's getting better! I hope that she continues to get better! Your lucky you have girls to do the sundress with! I am not sure what to do for my DS's extra park clothes!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #158
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
Yay! for 7 days! I love dresses for diaper bags. They hardly take up any room at all. They're pretty much all my daughter will wear so her spot in the suitcase doesn't take up much room either.

Glad she's feeling better. You can look at it as a good thing... at least she wont' get sick at Disney.

9 more days for us.
for 9 days... it'll be here in no time! I'm definitely glad they're sick now instead of at disney. Kaitlyn's got a runny nose and cough too, which is now all Alexis has. Hopefully they'll be back to 100% in 7 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
We are planning to do the ziplocks! I didn't realize that you are going to stay at all star movies- hopefully they give you a refurbished room and you can let me know how it is! I'm really glad that she's getting better! I hope that she continues to get better! Your lucky you have girls to do the sundress with! I am not sure what to do for my DS's extra park clothes!
I think if I had boys I would pack a tshirt and cotton type shorts that can roll up really small I'd love a refurbished room I'll be doing a TR when I get back, so if I get one you can read all about it!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #159
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Another installment of This Time Next Week

This time next week we will have eaten breakfast with the princesses in Cinderella's castle
We will have ridden on lots of rides and had an amazing time
We will have gone back to the resort to take a break and maybe swim some
We will have eaten a early dinner with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace
We will have ridden a few more rides and probably gone back to the hotel to call it a night!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #160
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

it's that time again...

The time when I brag about how close I am to my Disney trip

This time next week...
we will have spent the day at Epcot
we will have eaten lunch at Via Napoli
we will have riden Soarin' and some other rides (Soarin' is the only MUST do )
we will have eaten a dinner I'm really looking forward to at Kona Cafe
we will hopefully *keeping our fingers crossed the girls cooperate!* be getting ready to watch Illuminations. We really want to see fireworks at least one night while we're there and Wishes at 10pm with a 20 month old and 2 1/2 year old just doesn't seem like a good idea, so I think our best bet is Illuminations at 9.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #161
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Yep so close!!! I hope I get to read at least some of a TR from you before I leave on the 7th!?! No pressure...
Hope you have an awesome trip!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #162
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Yep so close!!! I hope I get to read at least some of a TR from you before I leave on the 7th!?! No pressure...
Hope you have an awesome trip!
no pressure! I might actually start it tonight or tomorrow so I can get the intros out of the way and start right away when I get back Also I'm less likely to flake out if I've started it already!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #163
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post

The time when I brag about how close I am to my Disney trip

This time next week...
we will have spent the day at Epcot
we will have eaten lunch at Via Napoli
we will have riden Soarin' and some other rides (Soarin' is the only MUST do )
we will have eaten a dinner I'm really looking forward to at Kona Cafe
we will hopefully *keeping our fingers crossed the girls cooperate!* be getting ready to watch Illuminations. We really want to see fireworks at least one night while we're there and Wishes at 10pm with a 20 month old and 2 1/2 year old just doesn't seem like a good idea, so I think our best bet is Illuminations at 9.

We are doing the same thing . We are planning to take our little ones to see illuminations. It makes the most sense.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #164
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

This time next week...

We will have spent most of the day in Magic Kingdom for the 2nd time.
The girls will have gotten their 1st real hair cut
We will have eaten at Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast
We will be wrapping up a few more rides and heading over to Whispering Canyon Cafe for an early dinner

Lots to do tonight... I was being a little ambitious to think I would have time to start my TR before we left I'll try to start it right after we get back!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #165
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

we leave in the morning!

I'm up way too late... kids are going to be awake in 6-7 hours Apparently my sister didn't know that we were staying with her tomorrow! We talked about it a couple months ago, but I guess she forgot? Anyway, we still could've stayed with her, but because it's out of our way (we're going to Panama City for the family reunion Saturday), we decided to just priceline a hotel for the night. So... we're staying in Pensacola tomorrow! We'll head down there in the morning, spend the afternoon at the beach, then Saturday drive over to Panama City for the day. That night we're staying in Tallahassee since it's on the way to Orlando. Then Sunday we're headed to Orlando.
I'm meeting a friend of mine for dinner (both our families) at Friendly's.... so excited, I love Friendly's and we don't have them up here. Sunday night we're spending the night with my cousin who lives in Orlando. Monday will be spent at Downtown Disney, then Tuesday we start our real Disney vacation! See y'all when we get back!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: