Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #1066
marvali
DIS Veteran

I had read most of your dining reviews, but somehow never got around to commenting on them. BD is one I haven't yet had any desire to try, but it sounds like FF may be a place I need to plan a meal at in the near future! I totally agree on your assessment of Olivia's as I think it is a wonderful restaurant and easy to add at the last minute! Great experiences with the food AND the service there, and I definitely agree with those who think it is one of Disney's hidden secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
[B]

50’s Prime Time Café

We had lunch here during the morning we spent with Marv and Jonathan at DHS. Marv had volunteered to go there with us as I had complained at some point that my previous experiences there were rather boring as it seemed that the servers were too hesitant to “play” with the foreigners. So Marv did his best to get into trouble! We did have quite some fun – got an additional family member from a neighbouring table as she was sent away from her family. And Jonathan was so quick in finishing his drink that he got multiple refills – all at once!!

That is a great picture of Jonathan! We both had a wonderful time meeting and doing some park touring with you and Katharina! We too felt like we made some very good friends during that trip! I was hoping I didn't embarrass the two of you too much with my antics at 50s PT, but since you felt we probably should have planned a few more meals together, I guess I didn't!

Quote:
[B]
As you can see I substituted the green beans for corn while Katharina substituted the southern greens for green beans. However, Marv got the southern greens (well, he is from the South so I guess it’s in his blood…) and he let us try some. Not at all my kind of vegetable!!! The food was good, but I did not find it great. It was a bit bland and felt very “mass produced”.
Yes, I guess growing up in the south I have a different palate from some people who post here, and definitely someone who is from another country! I agree that some of the food at 50s PT seems "mass produced" and I would definitely lump the meatloaf in that category. The one time I tried it I was far from impressed as this tasted nothing like my definition of meatloaf! The chicken and the pot roast are my definite favorites, but I understand they have a new item on the menu (pork chop) that sounds really good, so I may have to give that one a try the next time I am there!

Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at Kona so much! I agree on the bread, and the steak I had there one night was one of the best I have had at Disney, so I guess that is what happens when you order TOFU!!! (and you think I have strange tastes in food.........)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
50's PT and Kona are two of my favorite places on property! They may not be "signature" dining but they fit my tastes to a T.
Sounds like we have very similar tastes in food! I guess I can plan my future meals around your positive Disney dining reviews!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I understand your travel partner's misgivings about posting information beforehand. Sometimes I wonder about it myself!
Yes, look at the high price you paid that one fateful early trip staying at Kidani..........

Quote:
Yes they are - until they start to threaten you with emberassing posts on their TR!!!!
Now WHO would do such a horrible thing to such a wonderful lady???

The tea for Katharina's birthday looked like a wonderful event! I can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #1067
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
We started in Kentucky, visiting with friends close to Elizabethtown. Remy stayed with them more then 20 years ago as an exchange student. So there were many places for him to re-visit, but we also went to Mammoth Caves and on a distillery tour. I don't know whether I ever mentioned it on your TR, how I impressed Remy at Mammoth Caves how I knew everything about the desinfection of shoes, hehe. The Dis is educating! Oh, and about the Slugger factory Thank you very much
We then flew to Las Vegas and drove to San Francisco - but not on a direct route: via Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, Painted Forest NP, Momunent Valley, Natural Bridges NM, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Cedar Breaks NM, Capitol Reef NP, Wendover, Great Basin NP ...... and San Francisco. We didn't spend as much time as we wanted at most of the parks, but it was too hot for hiking anyway - at least for us. That's why we have to get back...
Sounds like it was amazing! We have a lot of those western NP's on our bucket list. Someday we'll get to see it all!

Quote:
Yes they are - until they start to threaten you with emberassing posts on their TR!!!!
Nobody is that cruel...are they???

Quote:
Well, most importantly make sure that your sister does change the time in her mobile phone before she uses it as an alarm clock so that you won't get up at 1am thinking it is already 7am...

Quote:
But on a more serious note: Going westwards try to stay up as long as you can on your first day so that you are able to sleep until a reasonable time in the morning. And then on the next few days just enjoy that you can get up totally well rested at 6am (but be prepared to fall into bed by 9pm...). Going eastwards is more difficult. If your flight time cooperates try to get as much sleep as possible during the flight (ear plugs help with sleeping on a plane as well as those little pillows that you put around your head as they prevent your head falling to the side. Once at your destination try to not take a nap, but get into the new rythm as soon as possible. Drink lots of water, but stay away from caffein. And try to spend a lot of time in the sun/outside after the flight. The daylight will help your body to adjust.
Thanks for the tips! I have always had more trouble traveling back east as well. I've never been very good at sleeping on a plane, so that's part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sounds like we have very similar tastes in food! I guess I can plan my future meals around your positive Disney dining reviews!!!
I'm always shocked when people don't like my favorite places...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: