Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #676
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hey, it looks like I might get the chance to meet up with Marv next summer. Are there any warnings you need to pass on to me?
Hey, I've met and spent time with Glenn at Disney. I thought he was a really nice guy, so that should tell you something about the kind of person I am!!! Oops, I hope that doesn't mean the DISMeet is off now.....

I thought Glenn had a really great family! Does that help any???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Yes, and now I can't wait to get to AK again to ride Dinosaur, how strange is that?? I hope Marv's CD arrives soon because that picture should be very funny, too!
I can't believe the disk hasn't arrived yet. Friday was the earliest they said it might arrive, but I thought sure you would get it by at least yesterday! Can't believe it still isn't there. I guess it is taking as long as your card from DLP took to reach me.......
Quote:
But actually, no warnings at all! Even though others love to spread lies, I will tell you the truth: He is a really nice guy! Just like all the others DISers you have met!!
Ah, you say that now.........at least until you see some of the pictures I included of you on that disk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Happy Five Thousand and Eighth post!!!! Woo hoo!!
Huh? That should be......

Happy Five Thousand and Ninth post!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #677
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Hey, I've met and spent time with Glenn at Disney. I thought he was a really nice guy, so that should tell you something about the kind of person I am!!! Oops, I hope that doesn't mean the DISMeet is off now.....
You give new meaning to "character witness".

Quote:
That is true, the rest of my family is really great!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #678
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Oh, I am looking forward to receiving mail from you!! Unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet. I had no idea that you took a picture of that Dinosaur picture. That should be hilarious!

The tea break was definitely a highlight! I think Katharina and I got a tea from there nearly every single time we were at AK!

Good to know that people enjoy my different approach to this TR! I think with 12 days and my love for writing rather detailed, I think I would have never been able to finish a TR in the usual style...

I remember that we talked about the change in touring style when you wrote about how it was when you first bought your AP. To a certain extent owning DVC changed my touring as well, it was definitely more relaxed than ever before, but I still would want it to be even more relaxed. I still kind of feel that I need to do every attraction... I just need to practice relaxed touring even more on my next trip!!

I think that post was # 5,000.

Quote:
I Just as you made me think about seeing the Indiana Jones Stunt show... I still haven't seen it though... EEA is at least good for a nice cool break and for an engineer (I think you somehow belong into that category, at least in the widest sense???) I think the ride mechanism must be very impressive! So go at least for the nerd factor. To be honest that's what got me there, being a "Disney nerd": One of the last original Epcot attractions, even if it is in an updated form...
Indiana Jones is one I hadn't seen in a while either but wanted to make sure the weather was cool.

EEA is great for a nap during F&W.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #679
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Great to see you here, Mark! I am way behind on your report as well and really ought to comment about what I am reading at the moment. But your TR is so great that I really want to have the time to read it thoroughly. I really love it!
Thank you! Please do comment whenever you can, but I really am glad you're reading and enjoying it!

Quote:
Oh, you must be very careful!!

But actually, no warnings at all! Even though others love to spread lies, I will tell you the truth: He is a really nice guy! Just like all the others DISers you have met!!
Maybe I should wait to see the pictures of you and Marv before I agree to this...

Quote:
Happy Five Thousand and Eighth post!!!! Woo hoo!!

Quote:
Glenn is a nice guy. He even coordinated his shirt with me for our meet!

Quote:
Well, I didn't get to mee them...
Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #680
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Very thorough and nice update on EPCOT! I love how you separated it all out and listed what you liked and didn't about each thing you listed! Great job, Ladies!

I am truly sad you didn't make it to La Cava, as that was one of my and LeeAnn's most memorable and wonderful times together on our last trip. Someday, it'd be great to get there and do that with you...

Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #681
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, but I really doubt I will have that same shirt on when we meet.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I am truly sad you didn't make it to La Cava, as that was one of my and LeeAnn's most memorable and wonderful times together on our last trip. Someday, it'd be great to get there and do that with you...
Hey, what about me? I would love to be in on that Meet too!!!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #682
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:

Well, I think the Captain thinks at least that Glenn has great fashion sense!!

Quote:
I can't believe the disk hasn't arrived yet. Friday was the earliest they said it might arrive, but I thought sure you would get it by at least yesterday! Can't believe it still isn't there. I guess it is taking as long as your card from DLP took to reach me.......
It still hasn't arrived... I have noticed that the mail between Germany and the US tends to take an awful long time!! I sometimes wonder whether they don't put it on a boat instead of a plane. And I know that it used to be quicker. I had a few pen-friends in the US as teenager and the letters usually took about 5 days then. But with all my DIS-pals a week seems to have been the shortest amount of time.

I had been wondering whether it might have been hold up in customs... Did you fill out a customs declaration for it (it's a small green sticker)?

Quote:
Huh? That should be......

Happy Five Thousand and Ninth post!!!
Well, now it is 5012 and soon it will be even more... But thanks!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #683
Flossbolna

Quote:
You give new meaning to "character witness".
Hmm, wouldn't that be Mickey as a witness???

Quote:
I really would love to meet the whole Glennbo family one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I think that post was # 5,000.
Thanks for finding the post to celebrate!! I am feeling like a real DIS veteran now... Next milestone: 10.000 posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Indiana Jones is one I hadn't seen in a while either but wanted to make sure the weather was cool.

EEA is great for a nap during F&W.
Yes, I can see that those outdoor theaters are much more enjoyable in cooler weather...

And since we went on EEA in the morning, we were not really in the mood of a nap yet...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #684
Flossbolna

Quote:
Thank you! Please do comment whenever you can, but I really am glad you're reading and enjoying it!
I have the best intentions to start commenting again soon!! But I truly find it fascinating because it shows an area of the US which a normal European tourist most likely would never see.

Quote:
Maybe I should wait to see the pictures of you and Marv before I agree to this...
Those pictures appear to be lost in the international mailing system... I am getting a whole new perspective about the term "snail mail"....

Quote:
Yes, I thought you would approve of his choice of clothing!!

Quote:
Well, I didn't get to mee them...
We knew that you didn't meet Glenn's family, but I had no idea that you didn't mee them either - but I am glad you didn't, it sounds kind of unpleasant...

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 AM   #685
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Very thorough and nice update on EPCOT! I love how you separated it all out and listed what you liked and didn't about each thing you listed! Great job, Ladies!

Liesa, I am glad that you are enjoying our TR format! It is great fun to write it that way. And it is also good that it is quicker to write because I did not take any notes and soon will forget what we did in which order. But I will still remember the highlights.

And I love to hang out at La Cava with you one day!! That's a wonderful idea. I really think it is the fault of the Food & Wine Festival which distracted us... I am quite sure that I don't want my next trip to be during that festival... More thoughts on that in the next update.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #686
Flossbolna

Quote:
Sorry, but I really doubt I will have that same shirt on when we meet.......
So you don't wear that type of light blue shirt? Perhaps the Captain can be convinced to coordinate with your style of clothing???

Quote:
Hey, what about me? I would love to be in on that Meet too!!!
We will let you know once we have a date and would love to have you there!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #687
marvali
DIS Veteran

Hey Magdalene. This mail situation is crazy slow. By the time it arrives I guess I should have sent the disk in a Christmas card instead of a birthday card.

Yes I filled out the customs declaration. I still wondered if our wonderful homeland security would have to open it and look at the pictures on the disk and verify I wasn't sending sensitive information or bootleg computer code or something.

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #688
Flossbolna

Quote:
Hey Magdalene. This mail situation is crazy slow. By the time it arrives I guess I should have sent the disk in a Christmas card instead of a birthday card.

Yes I filled out the customs declaration. I still wondered if our wonderful homeland security would have to open it and look at the pictures on the disk and verify I wasn't sending sensitive information or bootleg computer code or something.
I agree, it is strange. But I know that Liesa's price took quite a long time to get to me as well. I think Katharina had it a few days earlier than me. So it seems like it really varies how long it takes. I just hope it did not get lost!

Maybe it will be in the mail tonight.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #689
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We knew that you didn't meet Glenn's family, but I had no idea that you didn't mee them either - but I am glad you didn't, it sounds kind of unpleasant...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: