Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #241
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Love your first 24hour plans !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #242
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

for the waterparks! Sounds like a fun time.

Make sure you check out the theming at the Crush 'n Gusher. As you go through the line, it's so amazing to see all of the things that have been blown around by the storm that is part of the ride's backstory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #243
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Love that your going to the water parks! So much fun! We plan on taking our kids to Wisconsin Dells this summer. It' known as the water park capitol in the world. Here are some links the first one is about Wisconsin Dells and the next two are the water parks we are trying to decide on.

http://www.wisdells.com/

http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

http://www.mtolympuspark.com/

Now if I can convince my DH to go back to Disney we still have non expiring water park tickets I'd like to use up. We have several days worth!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #244
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I wish I could get really excited about water parks too, but unless it's just roasting hot outside, I can't see myself enjoying it very much. Between that and the price to add it, I can't justify adding that option on.
I know what you mean. I just love the water, as a kid I could spend hours in a pool or lake (never went to the beach very much, too far from us and not our family's vacation style). But the waterparks are pricey and I will do an update about our ticket choices at one point where the decision to go to those two waterparks will be one deciding factor.

Quote:
Ah well... you've certainly put some thought into what sounds fun to you, and for than I"m excited!! ENjoy!!!
Thanks! That's really it, isn't it: try to figure out what appeals to you and then do that!

Quote:
THanks for the comparison pix. I can now see there really isn't that much difference. So I have no idea what gave me that impression. Just for some reason looked bigger/more spacious. I wonder if indeed, the streets ARE wider?
I don't think the streets are wider either. One optical effect might be that the sidewalks are grey in DLP, not red like in the MK. Also, perhaps you still think about the DL Main Street since that is the one you grew up with? And DL definitely is much smaller. Possibly also if you are looking for differences, you might end up seeing something which you don't think about when you are at WDW?

But then, as I said before: it did look more spacious to me as well when we were there!

Quote:
WHat a shame that the merchandise has gone to generic junk. Very sad, indeed!
There still is some nice merchandise to be had and a lot of "Disneyland Paris exclusive". I did take quite a few pictures of the offerings which will be featured in a later update, as well as our loot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
I LOVE the water parks! I can never decide if I like the racing slides and group tube at BB or the wave pool and slush gusher at TL better! I am a Jersey girl, so I love body surfing in the waves, but I know it's tough for people who aren't used to the ocean. The shark tank is fun, but the water is cooold!
I think I have exactly the same problem as you! And I am really looking forward to that family raft ride! I am a very good swimmer and just never was able to figure out how to do that body surfing. I really tried hard, but always ended up being crushed by the wave. I think it might also be that the pool was pretty crowded, I might have been able to get the groove, if I had not been so afraid of accently bumping into someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Love your first 24hour plans !!!!
I love the plan as well! I think it has the right balance of activity and relaxation to get us into a vacation mood and to overcome the jet lag!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #245
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
for the waterparks! Sounds like a fun time.

Make sure you check out the theming at the Crush 'n Gusher. As you go through the line, it's so amazing to see all of the things that have been blown around by the storm that is part of the ride's backstory.
I am really excited! And I will look out for the theming. I remember that I thought it was quite fun because of that old fruit canning plant theme. Will look out for the storm debris lying around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Love that your going to the water parks! So much fun! We plan on taking our kids to Wisconsin Dells this summer. It' known as the water park capitol in the world. Here are some links the first one is about Wisconsin Dells and the next two are the water parks we are trying to decide on.

http://www.wisdells.com/

http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

http://www.mtolympuspark.com/

Now if I can convince my DH to go back to Disney we still have non expiring water park tickets I'd like to use up. We have several days worth!
Several days on non expiring water park tickets sound great and a good reason to return to WDW!

I just had a look at these waterparks, they sound like fun places! Waterparks are not common at all in Germany, I guess summers are too short. There are a few indoor pools which have added quite a lot of slides, but only very few are as elaborate as waterparks.

When Katharina and I were in the US in 92, we visited some people in Texas who took us to Schlitterbahn, a waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas: http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/default.asp I loved it, Katharina isn't as much of a water person as I am. And both of us got one of the worst sunburns ever. Fortunately now you can get SPF 50, so I hope the sunburn won't make a reappearance.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #246
lovealldisney

Well then by all means you and Katharina should come to Wisconsin! I'll take you to Wisconsin Dells! Another nice area of Wisconsin you two would probably like is Door County Wisconsin. One of my favorite places in Wisconsin! It reminds me of out East. Then of course there is Iowa!

http://www.doorcounty.com/

http://www.cityofdubuque.org/

http://www.bellevueia.com/

Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #247
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Thanks for posting the DLP pictures! It's fascinating to look at them and compare to WDW here.

I hope you enjoy the waterparks! I really like BB and have never been to TL--that's on the Disney bucket list as well. I don't blame you for not waiting to do the extremely high, fast slides at BB. Besides my dislike of big drops, it seemed ridiculous to wait in line for an hour to do a slide that lasts 4 seconds!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #248
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I think it is time to talk a bit more about our plans for WDW! Did anyone notice that Mickey in our ticker is nearly already all his way through the first picture? Time is running away and I am sure before we know it, is summer and then autumn and time for our trip!!

Quote:
But I am very much looking forward to be able to drag Katharina along for the Teamboat Springs family raft ride and the other tube rides where there are two in a tube!!
drag?????

Quote:
I did not like the wave pool here and can't see Katharina falling in love with this. I think I might do the Shark Reef even though it is cold, but it is pretty cool as well. I think there is less for me that I "must" do at TL, so it will be a much more relaxing vist...
Why not? Is there some hidden nasty secret?

I don't have any special plans for the waterparks, what Magdalene wrote sounds great, so I will just tag along

Quote:
When Katharina and I were in the US in 92, we visited some people in Texas who took us to Schlitterbahn, a waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas: http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/default.asp I loved it, Katharina isn't as much of a water person as I am.
I can't remember whether I explained that in our last PTR... As a child I was afraid of water. My parents had to force me to attend swimming lessons, abut I soon learnded to enjoy swimming and being in the water. But swimming in PE at school was horrible, actually everything in the water where I felt forced into something was a nightmare. In the summer I purposely went to other pools as my male classmates so that there would be nobody who would push me under water. But only about two years ago Magdalene and I found out what made me feel uncomfortable in certain water-situations: I can't exhale under water, something weird in my head, I guess. So, as long as I can either keep my head above water or stay under water as long as I can hold my breath, everything is fine.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #249
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Guten Evening!

Hey, I have a PM ready to go for you, but you need to clear out the PM box.

I'll try in a little bit.

L

OH! And Katharina!! I am going to post the next letter in about an hour, but I dont' think you have a guess in for Letter E, do you??

Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #250
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OH! And Katharina!! I am going to post the next letter in about an hour, but I dont' think you have a guess in for Letter E, do you??
I though I was too late for E, as you posted yesterday that participants have to post that day...

Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #251
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
So, as long as I can either keep my head above water or stay under water as long as I can hold my breath, everything is fine.
I think everyone on earth can stay under water just about that long.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #252
All7OfUs

Quote:
I though I was too late for E, as you posted yesterday that participants have to post that day...
I'll explain when I post what happened to that-- let's just say you have another hour or so.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #253
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think everyone on earth can stay under water just about that long.
you're right. I don't know how to explain is, but as I can't exhale under water, I can't hold my breath as long as outsdie of the water, I get panicky.

Quote:
I'll explain when I post what happened to that-- let's just say you have another hour or so.
PM will be on its way shortly...

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #254
lovealldisney

Quote:
I can't remember whether I explained that in our last PTR... As a child I was afraid of water. My parents had to force me to attend swimming lessons, abut I soon learnded to enjoy swimming and being in the water. But swimming in PE at school was horrible, actually everything in the water where I felt forced into something was a nightmare. In the summer I purposely went to other pools as my male classmates so that there would be nobody who would push me under water. But only about two years ago Magdalene and I found out what made me feel uncomfortable in certain water-situations: I can't exhale under water, something weird in my head, I guess. So, as long as I can either keep my head above water or stay under water as long as I can hold my breath, everything is fine.
DH is the same way Katharina! Hates water and swimming while me and the kids are like fish! I think one reason he doesn't like to swim is that he witnessed a good friend that nearly drowned when he was really young. He won't go into water that is over his head. He was very traumatized by the whole ordeal.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #255
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When Katharina and I were in the US in 92, we visited some people in Texas who took us to Schlitterbahn, a waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas: http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/default.asp I loved it, Katharina isn't as much of a water person as I am. And both of us got one of the worst sunburns ever. Fortunately now you can get SPF 50, so I hope the sunburn won't make a reappearance.
i had a chance to visit Schlitterbahn last Oct when I attended the annual waterpark conference. Nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I hope you enjoy the waterparks! I really like BB and have never been to TL--that's on the Disney bucket list as well. I don't blame you for not waiting to do the extremely high, fast slides at BB. Besides my dislike of big drops, it seemed ridiculous to wait in line for an hour to do a slide that lasts 4 seconds!

Admit it, you're just scared.
i won't wait either but I do make it a point to ride it first as close to rope drop as I can get there.

Quote:
Very common actually. You can slowly get over it by slowly exhaling ( blowing bubbles) while in the shower, work up to doing it in the shower with the water running down over your face. That is the "homework" I give all my student with the same face in the water issue- children and adults alike.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: