Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #31
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Photopass Pictures

We just got out photopass CD today! Got me all excited to start ordering pics and maybe even making a photobook ...and I've barely even started editing the pics we took...

Here's a few we love:

Some BBB pics...loved her reaction when she first saw herself in the mirror

She loved the princesses and fairies...next time we will absolutely schedule more time for the PFF so we can catch a storytime/coronation...and we will try to stop at Pixie Hollow more than once...maybe we'll luck out and meet a different fairy or two....

I was surprised that her favorite characters turned out to be Mickey and Minnie...she is a total princess/fairies girl, but something about seeing Mickey and Minnie in real life just stole her heart That pic w/ her and nautical Mickey is one of my fave's from the trip (right up there w/ Minnie holding her while she cried)...you can just feel the joy when you look at it

Side-note: we had 145 pics (although I am 90% certain at least 20 of those were doubles-I think my sister had the PP person scan her card after mine a couple times). After the , and all got to edit/add borders and I went through and added a few of my own, we wound up with over 1789! I joked w/ my sister that the reason they had to do site maintenance one night was bc we had crashed the system ...
LoveMyBeautifulGift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Speaking of Photopass....

I've decided one of the things I will do differently next time is stop to take more PP pics that aren't character meet-n-greets...the is a bit jealous of the magic shots of her aunties and while I couldn't convince her to stop and take pics while we were there, now she wants to do them all next time

Another photo related change-I will be sure to bring a camera I am more familiar with (and not the one I used, either)...this one was bought in January, but I had only used it for the s birthday before the trip and I kept having to adjust the settings (every time I put it away, the settings would get all messed up) ...it made some of our photo-ops feel rushed bc I was wasting time fixing the flash or setting when I could have been catching candids or snapping faster pics....had I been more familiar with the camera, I would have been better prepared...

Other things I am keeping in mind for the next trip:

-Being prepared to ship stuff home at the end of the trip if need be

-We want to try preferred standing for WoC (if comes with us again)...everyone loved WoC, but since has to view it from disability seating, we would like to see it from the best spot possible...if doesn't come, I am working my way as far forward and center as possible (while still snagging a rail spot)

-We will absolutely be doing Fantasmic dessert again...we LOVED the whole experience and I liked that I got to be spoiled for a bit...

-I think next time we will go W-T or Th-W...that way we get a couple of "warm up" days, the weekend hours will happen before we are completely exhausted, and we have a couple of "wind down" days...I think everyone would have had plenty of stamina to close the parks on the weekend if it had come earlier in our trip...

-Now that we've experienced it, I think we will always shoot for staying on site...the feeling of always being at Disneyland was priceless...

-More beignets...need I say more?

-Aladdin is at the top of our must do when we return list...

I'm sure there are more things I will think of when I plan the next trip, but these are what came to mind off the top of my head as I looked at the PP pics and daydreamed about our next trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #33
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Souvenirs

Well, to start with, the brought home a whole bed-full of stuffed toys...Mickey, Minnie, Tink...seems like every character came home to our house in stuffed form...

Sorry...can't get the pic to cooperate, lol

She also brought home the invitations/notes/goody bags "from the characters", a silhouette, charicature, her BBB items, some small toys, a Minnie Mouse carousel wind up music thing (I know, such an accurate description, right? ) and her name:

I have already hung her silhouette, name and charicature in her room, and made a memory book with all the paper type items we brought back...

For myself, I bought an extra sash from the BBB...I have always been a Cinderella fan and the little inside me was begging for a sash when I saw them, ...I also purchased the PP CD and have been going through all my pics getting ready to make a Disney photobook ...

Seems like we all enjoyed collecting buttons...we brought home a bag full of them ...well, 5 people, times each character meal, special moment, etc...plus the random buttons handed to us by CMs...it adds up pretty quickly ...I've been trying to think of ways to display them, and today while sharing the PP CD with the family, I was reminded that I was supposed to make magnets (an idea I got here on the Dis)...so...I did ...

It was surprisingly quick and easy...took me 45 minutes (including taking pics) and I didn't even poke myself once

I pulled out the tools and buttons and got to work...

First you open the pin and bend it upward...then you snip it underneath the looped part...this leaves you with a cut end and the clasp portion still attached...hold the clasp (with your fingers or needlenose pliers/gripping tool) and slide the rest of the pin out...

This leaves you with two holes that will probably have uneven/bent and possibly sharp edges...apply hot glue to each magnet and place over the holes....I wound up using 3 magnets altogether, bc the likes to hang sometimes heavy artwork on the fridge so I wanted them to be pretty strong...

The was a little upset when she first saw the finished project...she thought I had used her buttons, which she wants me to display in her room...now I have to come up with an idea for the set she wants in her room....

Last edited by LoveMyBeautifulGift; 04-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #34
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

The PP pics came out sooo cute!!!

Do they list the times of the PFF coronation/storytimes so you know when to attend? Is it a super long line?

What a great idea to turn the buttons into magnets!! Maybe we'll try that if we get alot!!

Upcoming: 5/28-6/4 HOJO'S KIDS SUITE DISNEYLAND!
With Kids:
4/03 ASMO and Caribbean Beach Resort
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL
6/12 Split stay: WH/AKV/Poly
5/29-6/12/13 WH 2 WEEKS!!

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

The PFF meet-n-greet was open from park opening until 6 every day we were there...I think the coronation/storytimes were listed on the little program flyer they hand out at the gates/hotels, but I'm not 100% about that (although its the only place I can think of that we would have seen the times)...the lines to meet the princesses weren't too bad right at opening or about 10 minutes before they closed, but during the rest of the day they were at least 1/2 hour long...also, if you are staying on site, you can watch recordings of the princess story times on one of the channels...I borrowed the magnet idea from a thread on the DL community board
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
The PP pics came out sooo cute!!!

Do they list the times of the PFF coronation/storytimes so you know when to attend? Is it a super long line?

What a great idea to turn the buttons into magnets!! Maybe we'll try that if we get alot!!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #36
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Seeing the hotel view was perfect way to build the excitment of going into the parks the next day.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #37
Bungle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBeautifulGift View Post
Well, to start with, the brought home a whole bed-full of stuffed toys...Mickey, Minnie, Tink...seems like every character came home to our house in stuffed form...

Sorry...can't get the pic to cooperate, lol

She also brought home the invitations/notes/goody bags "from the characters", a silhouette, charicature, her BBB items, some small toys, a Minnie Mouse carousel wind up music thing (I know, such an accurate description, right? ) and her name:

I have already hung her silhouette, name and charicature in her room, and made a memory book with all the paper type items we brought back...

For myself, I bought an extra sash from the BBB...I have always been a Cinderella fan and the little inside me was begging for a sash when I saw them, ...I also purchased the PP CD and have been going through all my pics getting ready to make a Disney photobook ...

Seems like we all enjoyed collecting buttons...we brought home a bag full of them ...well, 5 people, times each character meal, special moment, etc...plus the random buttons handed to us by CMs...it adds up pretty quickly ...I've been trying to think of ways to display them, and today while sharing the PP CD with the family, I was reminded that I was supposed to make magnets (an idea I got here on the Dis)...so...I did ...

It was surprisingly quick and easy...took me 45 minutes (including taking pics) and I didn't even poke myself once

I pulled out the tools and buttons and got to work...

First you open the pin and bend it upward...then you snip it underneath the looped part...this leaves you with a cut end and the clasp portion still attached...hold the clasp (with your fingers or needlenose pliers/gripping tool) and slide the rest of the pin out...

This leaves you with two holes that will probably have uneven/bent and possibly sharp edges...apply hot glue to each magnet and place over the holes....I wound up using 3 magnets altogether, bc the likes to hang sometimes heavy artwork on the fridge so I wanted them to be pretty strong...

The was a little upset when she first saw the finished project...she thought I had used her buttons, which she wants me to display in her room...now I have to come up with an idea for the set she wants in her room....
These are great. Thanks for the photo how to. Now I know what to do with the crapload of buttons we will have

And your daughter is just so adorable, especially in those BBB pics.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
These are great. Thanks for the photo how to. Now I know what to do with the crapload of buttons we will have
I really liked the How To also. A great TR addition.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Thanks...I wasn't sure about which thread to put the info in, but the TR won, since I can't seem to be "done" w/ this trip...at least not until we have more definite plans for the next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

And your daughter is just so adorable, especially in those BBB pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I really liked the How To also. A great TR addition.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #40
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

How did you get to meet Steamboat Willie Mickey? Just luck?
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #41
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

love the buttons into magnets idea..... did you get the Duffy bear at BAB store? or in the park? do the BAB clothes fit him? and you mentioned,they have special clothes in the store that you can only get there?
Last year in Epcot,my ds and I loved Duffy bear and his cute clothes, but didn't get any.... are these similiar?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Luck...the wanted to see Mickey in his house one last time before we left...when we got to the front of the line, she was chatting w/ the CM about how much she loved Mickey and how she had seen him wearing so many different outifts and how cool it was to see a black and white Mickey on the boat at Fantasmic the night before...next thing I know, we're being led in to meet Steamboat Willie Mickey......if you're looking for him specifically, I would ask at guest services or ask the CM at the front of the line in his house...good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa View Post
How did you get to meet Steamboat Willie Mickey? Just luck?
We got Duffy inside CA...but we saw him at a few shops throughout the park...the BaB clothes do fit him...here's a comparison to the bear she built at BaB:

Yes, the BaB in DTD has Disney costumes and clothes for the bears that you can only buy at the Disney BaBs...also there are Dinosaur BaB and Dinosaur clothes there...

As far as Duffy's clothes, those are sold around the park also...I would say if you are looking for Duffy or clothes for Duffy, DCA seemed to have a larger selection...

HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
love the buttons into magnets idea..... did you get the Duffy bear at BAB store? or in the park? do the BAB clothes fit him? and you mentioned,they have special clothes in the store that you can only get there?
Last year in Epcot,my ds and I loved Duffy bear and his cute clothes, but didn't get any.... are these similiar?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #43
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

OK so we had made magnets too using much the same process you did and we got the idea on the same thread you did, we were trying to come up with something to do with the rest of them too. We wanted to use some in Colton's room as well and were racking our brains for ideas.

Last night I was putting his Autopia DL and a few other things on the bulletin board in his room when I had an AHA moment. His bulletin board has oversized pushpins (I got tired of him rearranging and dropping pins into the carpet which always seemed to be found by MY bare feet) and I glued some of his buttons to the oversized push pins and they are working great so far!

Still have another full set of buttons (which are currently on his school backpack) to figure out what to do with so if you get anymore ideas please pass them on!

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #44
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Hi. Just wanted to say I love your trip report! You have a good way with words! I was captivated!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #45
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing such a detailed TR! I felt like I was walking there right alongside you and your princess.
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: