Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #76
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me when the hotels start to serve breakfast for room service?

And what kind of food could I expect? Menus anywhere?

I will be on my way to IOA every morning at around 7.15am (apart from 2 days when I am off to WDW ), so of course I will need my breakfast no later than 6.45 - if at all.

I read somewhere that room service is 24hr, but I stay in quite a few hotels and may have gotten mixed up.
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #77
MSUBB1
Wanna go back!!!

Any new "can't miss" establishments?

Greetings! Happy to be returning to US & IOA this July for the first time since 5/07. Last time I did my research here and had wonderful meals throughout the week, so just curious if there are any new places that have opened since 2007. We will be staying at RP for four nights, and plan on eating dinners mostly at City Walk. What would be your favorites for lunch at the parks? (have been to Mythos and Finnigans).

Also, how is the other Emerils spot? (not Tchoup Tchoup)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #78
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBB1 View Post
Greetings! Happy to be returning to US & IOA this July for the first time since 5/07. Last time I did my research here and had wonderful meals throughout the week, so just curious if there are any new places that have opened since 2007. We will be staying at RP for four nights, and plan on eating dinners mostly at City Walk. What would be your favorites for lunch at the parks? (have been to Mythos and Finnigans).

I can't remeber too many new places opening other than the BK burger bar , Panda express and Moes southwest grille and far as Emerils goes I have never tried cause in looking at the menu and prices its really not a casual place and I am not the type of person that likes to dress up for dinner on vacation
Old 05-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #79
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBB1 View Post

I haven't been to Emerils. My favorite lunch spots in the parks are Thunder Falls Terrace at IOA and Louie's at the Studios.

As far as new places...I saw (on another message board) there is supposed to be a Brazilian steakhouse opening over Latin Quarter at CityWalk. I don't think they had an opening date so it may not be open when you are here but it's going to be worth a look.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #80
MSUBB1
Wanna go back!!!

Lombards?

Any opinions on Lombards Seafood Grill? Looking for a couple of better restaurants for lunch. Last time we had some counter fare which was rather bad (Circus McGurkus, I think?)

Also, name your 4 favorites for dinner at City Walk.............
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #81
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

We definitely want to try the Three Broomsticks, just for the fun of the theme. For our other option we are considering Mythos or Confico Grill. It would be nice to look at a menu beforehand, or to have some idea of the price ranges. Does anyone know where I can find this information? I looked on the website but couldn't find anything.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #82
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

I would like to know where to view menus also.

Haven't been since 2007 and since them have been diagnosed diabetic, so need to make sure there are some doable options.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #83
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan13 View Post
We definitely want to try the Three Broomsticks, just for the fun of the theme. For our other option we are considering Mythos or Confico Grill. It would be nice to look at a menu beforehand, or to have some idea of the price ranges. Does anyone know where I can find this information? I looked on the website but couldn't find anything.
About the only online listing is this one from AllEars. It's dated and some of the restaurants have been replaced but this will give you an idea of what to expect. Also...if you have AAA, make sure you show it so you can get the discount.

http://allears.net/uni/menu/menus.htm

My recommendations are: Thunder Falls Terrace, Mythos and Comic Strip Cafe at IOA and Louie's and Finnegan's at the Studios.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #84
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

When you enter Three Broomsticks, and are asked how many in your party etc, can you request to be seated outside?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #85
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
When you enter Three Broomsticks, and are asked how many in your party etc, can you request to be seated outside?

Yes, there are tables and chairs out on the back patio.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #86
quadaunt
Disney Devotee

IOA Dining Reservation Number

Since approximately 3 pm (EDT) today I've been trying to reach the IOA dining reservation line at the number posted on the US / IOA site: 407-224-4012. I've only received a recorded message to leave a voicemail. It doesn't post the reservation number's operating hours but I'm assuming the lines would normally be open until 9 pm or so?
quadaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #87
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadaunt View Post
Since approximately 3 pm (EDT) today I've been trying to reach the IOA dining reservation line at the number posted on the US / IOA site: 407-224-4012. I've only received a recorded message to leave a voicemail. It doesn't post the reservation number's operating hours but I'm assuming the lines would normally be open until 9 pm or so?
Where are you trying to make the reservation for?

Just leave a message and they will call you back. It isn't like Disney where there are a kazillion people making advanced reservations. Not many reservations are made in advance at Universal.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #88
quadaunt
Disney Devotee

Trying to make a reservation for Mythos for Friday, June 17. I'd been told by a Disney friend that I probably didn't need to make a Mythos reservation until the day of; however, the Disney planner in me just can't fathom that. I've been reading about the heavy crowds at IOA and so am surprised that a restaurant like Mythos wouldn't be booked up far in advance. I suppose that's a good thing...but still a little surprised that there isn't a rep to answer the phone. I finally did leave a message about five minutes ago.

When is the latest reservation time at Mythos?
quadaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #89
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadaunt View Post
Trying to make a reservation for Mythos for Friday, June 17. I'd been told by a Disney friend that I probably didn't need to make a Mythos reservation until the day of; however, the Disney planner in me just can't fathom that. I've been reading about the heavy crowds at IOA and so am surprised that a restaurant like Mythos wouldn't be booked up far in advance. I suppose that's a good thing...but still a little surprised that there isn't a rep to answer the phone. I finally did leave a message about five minutes ago.

When is the latest reservation time at Mythos?
You can make a reservation on opentable.com
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #90
Tikitoi
DIS Veteran

Should we dress more than casual for dinner at Emerils? In other words, not our regular shorts and t-shirts.
OPINIONS ARE ULTIMATELY DETERMINED BY FEELINGS AND NOT BY INTELLECT Disneyland 2X...Disney Cruise 1X...Disney World 9X...And still counting for ALL...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....804324...Vegas TR

You're just a board...get over yourself!

Tikitoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: