Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #61
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Although Emeril's and Emeril's Tchoup Chop have been available at opentable for a several years, I believe that the Citywalk restaurants have been added within the past year.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #62
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

We were at Universal last April. We had a great experience at Mythos. We told our server we were vegan and he went and got the chef. We were told the potato/rosemary bread was vegan and we were given the option of a pasta primavera or some kind of asian dish ( I can't remember what it was, but it was on the menu. It was made with rice noodles and a peanut sauce). We got one of each and shared. Both were good, but we liked the asian dish better. We left full and were happy about the our dinner at Islands of Adventure. The next day we were at Universal. Completely different story. We tried to eat a Finnegans. They were not helpful at all. We could get fruit and the veggie burger without a bun. We were told that all buns at Universal have an egg wash. Our server was terrible. It was all together a bad experience. We left hungry and disappointed.
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #63
tinydancer09
Are we there yet?

Are reservations really needed to Margaritaville? I've never thought of this as being a reservations restaurant.
tinydancer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #64
jbbt
DIS Veteran

My daughters are vegetarian, so I emailed Bubbe Gump's about their options and this was their reply:

We can certainly offer your girls a variety of items that are vegetarian in our restaurants. We do have some great salads but we also offer a Vegetable Burger, we have a Veggie Pasta and a Veggie Skillet (not on the menu but they can certainly prepare that for you) along with a couple of appetizers that may be appealing to them.
jbbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #65
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer09 View Post
Are reservations really needed to Margaritaville? I've never thought of this as being a reservations restaurant.
At busy times, reservations are good at all the restaurants. I've seen longs lines of people waiting to get into Margaritaville.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #66
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
At busy times, reservations are good at all the restaurants. I've seen longs lines of people waiting to get into Margaritaville.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #67
Ohiodislover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Just made reservations at Margaritaville.

Love Opentable So glad I read that citywalk restaurants are now included!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #68
Atotty
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the opentable tip. Just got what I needed for two diff places.
Moved Here December 2012; POP Thanksgiving 2012; Day Trip July 2012; Yacht Club CL May/June 2012; Offsite School Competition April 2012; CBR Mar 2012; POP Jan/Feb 2012; DTD Hilton Apr 2011; POFQ/AKV/CSR Nov 2010; CBR/Windsor Hills/POR June 2009; AKV/RPH/Windsor Hills June 2008; All Star Sports/Dolphin Thanksgiving 2007; POP/Windsor Hills June 2007; POP June 2006; POR Oct 2005; POR May 2004; AKL May 2003; MK 1985; Epcot 1984; Disneyland 1969
Atotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #69
P&B's Mom
Mouseketeer

This may be a stupid question, but do you need a ticket to the theme park to dine at any of the restaurants like NBA City or Margaritaville on City Walk?
1st Visit EVER--June 2008 @ BCV, DVC Member--September 2008 @ AKV, 1st Trip "Home"--August 2009 @ AKV Kidani, Grand Gathering--July 2010 @ GF CL & AKV Kidani, No Dads--Spring Break 2011 @ YC/BLT, DECA ICDC--April 2011 @ Rosen Shingle Creek, Xmas/NYE--Dec & Jan 2011-12 @ BC/AKV Jambo, Mom & Kids ONLY--August 2012 @ Pop/BWV, , DECA ICDC--April 2013 @ Crowne Plaza Anaheim, Mom & Kids ONLY #2--4th of July 2013 @ GF CL/AKV Kidani, Will This Trip Ever Happen?--July 2014 @ AKV CL/BWI
P&B's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #70
rtphokie
Photo board moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B's Mom View Post
This may be a stupid question, but do you need a ticket to the theme park to dine at any of the restaurants like NBA City or Margaritaville on City Walk?
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

No you dont need a theme park ticket. City Walk is outside the gates of IOA and Universal Studios.

You will have to pay $15 parking (significant less if you arrive in the evening, I forget the exact time) like the theme park visitors however. All theme park parking and City Walk Parking is in the same garages.
rtphokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #71
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B's Mom View Post
No theme park tickets are required. You do have to pay to park though. It's $15.00 until 6pm when the fee drops to $3.00...unless there is a hard ticket event going on that evening like Halloween Horror Nights or Mardi Gras...then the parking fee stays at $15.00 until later in the evening.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #72
P&B's Mom
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the quick replies!!!!!
1st Visit EVER--June 2008 @ BCV, DVC Member--September 2008 @ AKV, 1st Trip "Home"--August 2009 @ AKV Kidani, Grand Gathering--July 2010 @ GF CL & AKV Kidani, No Dads--Spring Break 2011 @ YC/BLT, DECA ICDC--April 2011 @ Rosen Shingle Creek, Xmas/NYE--Dec & Jan 2011-12 @ BC/AKV Jambo, Mom & Kids ONLY--August 2012 @ Pop/BWV, , DECA ICDC--April 2013 @ Crowne Plaza Anaheim, Mom & Kids ONLY #2--4th of July 2013 @ GF CL/AKV Kidani, Will This Trip Ever Happen?--July 2014 @ AKV CL/BWI
P&B's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #73
tink20
DIS Veteran

Some dining questions

What is your MUST DO restaurant?

Should we do lunch at JB Margaritaville, since we will have a child in our party, is dinner, more a bar atmosphere?

How is Pastamore at City Walk?

Are all hotdogs Nathans?

What is your favorite dish at Mythos?

Are the menus posted outside the restaurant (TS and CS), so you can look at them, before you go in?

Do you have any recommendations of a certain dish, (anywhere) that you just LOVED? Any must try snacks?

How can I find out if there is a dress code?

Sorry for all the questions, our trip is getting closer, and I am a little OCD (just a little) Plus, everyone will be asking me questions and expecting me to know all the info.

If you took the time to ansrew Thank you!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #74
Melanie230
Ready to retire in Florida. Trading my Mommy title for a Mummy title!

What is your MUST DO restaurant? BUBBA GUMPS!!

Should we do lunch at JB Margaritaville, since we will have a child in our party, is dinner, more a bar atmosphere? EITHER IS FINE. WE USUALLY EAT DINNER THERE WITH OUR TWO KIDS. THEY HAVE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND ON STILTS MAKING BALLOONS FOR THE KIDS.

How is Pastamore at City Walk? WE LOVE IT!! I WILL BUY THE MEAL TICKET UNIVERSAL NOW HAS FOR PASTAMORE BEFORE WE GO!

Are all hotdogs Nathans? I AM NOT SURE.

What is your favorite dish at Mythos? EVERYTHING!

Are the menus posted outside the restaurant (TS and CS), so you can look at them, before you go in? SOME ARE...BUT YOU CAN JUST ASK FOR ONE WHEN YOU WALK UP.

Do you have any recommendations of a certain dish, (anywhere) that you just LOVED? Any must try snacks? WE LOVE THE FOOD AT BUBBA GUMPS. THE SEAFOOD IS REALLY GOOD.

How can I find out if there is a dress code? NO DRESS CODE. I THINK JUST STANDARD SHOES AND SHIRT.

Sorry for all the questions, our trip is getting closer, and I am a little OCD (just a little) Plus, everyone will be asking me questions and expecting me to know all the info.

If you took the time to ansrew Thank you!

YOUR WELCOME...UNIVERSAL IS A BLAST!!! WE LOVE IT!!
Melanie230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #75
tink20
DIS Veteran

thank u, Melanie

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: