Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #376
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Of those three I would pick Margaritaville and remember...Lombard's is in the Studios so what time you eat will depend on the park hours. Food service stops 30 minutes prior to park closing.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #377
l0bomb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
If you could only pick one of these:

NBA City, Margaritaville or Lombardi's Seafood?

We have 6 people in the party and this is our last night.

I have already eaten steak and italian so we are looking for something easy but tasty.

Important to us since this is our last night I don't want to waste a lot of time eating when the parks close at either 9pm or 10pm.

I expect to be eating around 6pm.
I would say Margaritaville. I've always had really good food and service there. It's also a fun atmosphere.

Ive eaten at NBA City and did not enjoy it at all. Food and service were both just meh. Although, this was basically the first week, if not right before, it opened publicly, so it could definitely have improved.

If you aren't stuck on those restaurants, I really enjoy pat o briens.
l0bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #378
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I have tried open table for ressies for 10 in September and some show the dates are okay and some don't is this normal !!I know it is supposed to be 3 months out but as some are showing I wondered why others weren'r !!!???? Also I can't seem to pull up Bubbas at all ?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #379
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I have tried open table for ressies for 10 in September and some show the dates are okay and some don't is this normal !!I know it is supposed to be 3 months out but as some are showing I wondered why others weren'r !!!???? Also I can't seem to pull up Bubbas at all ?????

No clue why some restaurants are changing but I wouldn't worry about it with your dates.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #380
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
No clue why some restaurants are changing but I wouldn't worry about it with your dates.
You are QUICK Dam0!!Any suggestions on what to type in for Bubbas?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #381
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

I recommend Magaritaville
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #382
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Thanks for this thread ! *Lots of great info. *Were seasoned WDW veterans, but this June were making our first ever on-property stay at PBR and figuring out the dining in a whole new park is a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, I made a reservation for our first night (were spening the whole day at the hotel - no parks) at Mama Dellas, but noticed there's very little comment on it in this thread. *Any opinions ? *We like big family dinners, and really like Italian food (were planning on trips to Via Napoli, Il Mulino and Tutto Gusto over the rest of the trip)

Our second day, were planning on meeting a big group at Margaritaville. *I cant seem to figure out how to make a rezzie for a table for 13 (open table wont do it for groups over 8). *Any idea how to do that ? *Trying to walk in with a big group in late June seems like a recipe for disaster.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #383
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
If you could only pick one of these:

NBA City, Margaritaville or Lombardi's Seafood?

We have 6 people in the party and this is our last night.

I have already eaten steak and italian so we are looking for something easy but tasty.

Important to us since this is our last night I don't want to waste a lot of time eating when the parks close at either 9pm or 10pm.

I expect to be eating around 6pm.
The answer depends upon which park you are in prior to dining, and which park you intend to return to after dining. If you're in Universal Studios prior to dining, and plan to continue exploring Universal Studios after dining, you should probably dine in the park, which would be Lombardi's Seafood from your list. If that is your plan, I suggest a 4th dining option - Finnegan's. Like Lombardi's, it also is located in Universal Studios; Therefore, you will not need to leave US and then re-enter US after dining.

However, if you plan to park-hop between US and IOA while dining, then the Citywalk restaurants are a viable option. Of the two you listed (NBA City and Margaritaville), I would suggest Margaritaville in this situation. For an additional Citywalk dining option, there's Hard Rock Cafe.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #384
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Personally, I love Margaritaville but I haven't ever eaten at NBA City. It does get a lot of rave reviews too.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #385
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
Thanks for this thread ! *Lots of great info. *Were seasoned WDW veterans, but this June were making our first ever on-property stay at PBR and figuring out the dining in a whole new park is a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, I made a reservation for our first night (were spening the whole day at the hotel - no parks) at Mama Dellas, but noticed there's very little comment on it in this thread. *Any opinions ? *We like big family dinners, and really like Italian food (were planning on trips to Via Napoli, Il Mulino and Tutto Gusto over the rest of the trip)

Our second day, were planning on meeting a big group at Margaritaville. *I cant seem to figure out how to make a rezzie for a table for 13 (open table wont do it for groups over 8). *Any idea how to do that ? *Trying to walk in with a big group in late June seems like a recipe for disaster.
You can call for priority seating too.

http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com...?page=policies
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #386
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are QUICK Dam0!!Any suggestions on what to type in for Bubbas?????
You can't make reservations for Bubbas for some strange reason.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #387
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
You can't make reservations for Bubbas for some strange reason.
Last time I was at Bubba Gump's, they also didn't support express seating for onsite guests. That's been a few years though, so it could have changed by now.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #388
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
The answer depends upon which park you are in prior to dining, and which park you intend to return to after dining. If you're in Universal Studios prior to dining, and plan to continue exploring Universal Studios after dining, you should probably dine in the park, which would be Lombardi's Seafood from your list. If that is your plan, I suggest a 4th dining option - Finnegan's. Like Lombardi's, it also is located in Universal Studios; Therefore, you will not need to leave US and then re-enter US after dining.

However, if you plan to park-hop between US and IOA while dining, then the Citywalk restaurants are a viable option. Of the two you listed (NBA City and Margaritaville), I would suggest Margaritaville in this situation. For an additional Citywalk dining option, there's Hard Rock Cafe.
thanks for all the responses. Love the Dis

I am thinking of doing a stop in the afternoon at IOA and then the evening at US so Margaritaville might be the best option on our way over.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #389
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
Last time I was at Bubba Gump's, they also didn't support express seating for onsite guests. That's been a few years though, so it could have changed by now.
I think it is still that way.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #390
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Quote:
You can call for priority seating too.

http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com...?page=policies
Thnaks, Damo. Youve been super helpful. i called and it just happened to be 30 days out, so I got our group of 13 on the priority list for the night we want to go. Looking forward to it - we always have fun at Margaritaville.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: