Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #346
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!
 
Bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 4,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I finally have my dates I will be at Universal September 20th thru 24th

I have used your advice to come up with the restaurants , so I have chosen Bubba Gumps, Margaritaville,NBAor Nascar,Mythos, and Finnegans , Still undecided about the Counter services , but am lokking so I can decide when I have a clue where we will be when.

I will be travelling with a party of 8 dev. disabled so this is gonna be soooo much fun
Those are all great places, except we have not had NBA City. Counter service we like Louies Pizza in US and Cafe 4 in IOA. Blondies is pretty good for the Dagwood sandwich.
__________________
Royal Pacific is our second home. Portofino Bay is a close second now.
We stopped counting, too many trips. *
Bluer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #347
mischief32
Mouseketeer
 
mischief32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 429

Not happy with the New Jake's menu. Our favorite items are gone. Guess we will be eating else where but we are also staying at the Hard Rock for something different this time.
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #348
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Those are all great places, except we have not had NBA City. Counter service we like Louies Pizza in US and Cafe 4 in IOA. Blondies is pretty good for the Dagwood sandwich.
I saw that Dagwood sandwich and it sounded good !!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #349
sammielynn
DIS Veteran
 
sammielynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,950

Does the Three Broomsticks take reservations??
__________________
Sammielynn
sammielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #350
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
Does the Three Broomsticks take reservations??
Only if you have the Harry Potter Package and only for breakfast.

It is a counter service restaurant, so no reservations are needed for lunch or dinner.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #351
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I finally have my dates I will be at Universal September 20th thru 24th

I have used your advice to come up with the restaurants , so I have chosen Bubba Gumps, Margaritaville,NBAor Nascar,Mythos, and Finnegans , Still undecided about the Counter services , but am lokking so I can decide when I have a clue where we will be when.

I will be travelling with a party of 8 dev. disabled so this is gonna be soooo much fun
I think you guys are going to have a blast!!!!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #352
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead
 
patster734's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raytown, Missouri
Posts: 2,644

Can anyone confirm the operating hours for Jake's American Bar in RPR? The Universal website says hours are from 11:00am to 1:30am (limited menu after 11pm). Last time we were there (Oct. 2010), it didn't open until 3pm. If they have changed their hours to include luch, do you know if this change is permanent or just seasonal? I'm hoping that it's permanent so that I can do lunch there for my upcoming October trip.
__________________
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #353
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I think you guys are going to have a blast!!!!
Thanks Damo and I haven't forgotten you asked me to report on available services for the handicapped and my general impressions of how the staff are with them !! I will know next week who the induviduals are who are going and have a chance to review any dietary challenges I have yet to find any who are allergic to hamburgers Do you know if they accomadates special diets at the restaurant as they do in Disney !!???
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #354
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
 
schumigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In purple happiness
Posts: 2,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
Can anyone confirm the operating hours for Jake's American Bar in RPR? The Universal website says hours are from 11:00am to 1:30am (limited menu after 11pm). Last time we were there (Oct. 2010), it didn't open until 3pm. If they have changed their hours to include luch, do you know if this change is permanent or just seasonal? I'm hoping that it's permanent so that I can do lunch there for my upcoming October trip.
In August last year they didn`t open at lunchtime, so not sure if it`s changed since then.
__________________
17 Nights At RPR---2013 Trip Report

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #355
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Thanks Damo and I haven't forgotten you asked me to report on available services for the handicapped and my general impressions of how the staff are with them !! I will know next week who the induviduals are who are going and have a chance to review any dietary challenges I have yet to find any who are allergic to hamburgers Do you know if they accomadates special diets at the restaurant as they do in Disney !!???
We found the waiters to be very helpful. If you are concerned, you can call the head chef. The info is on the first page. I have heard that he will give you lots of information.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #356
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead
 
patster734's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raytown, Missouri
Posts: 2,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
In August last year they didn`t open at lunchtime, so not sure if it`s changed since then.
Thanks. Hopefully, this indicates that Jake's made a permanent change to 11am to accomodate lunch.
__________________
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #357
dooledoo
Mouseketeer
 
dooledoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dorset
Posts: 439

I've not booked or eaten at Universal before and I was trying to book a table at Pastamores for August 7. The link takes me to opentable.com and it says I can't book so far in advance. When will I be able to book or is there another way of making dining reservations?
__________________
Doodle Doo
Disneyworld AKL 2004 DLP DLH 2005
Disneyworld POR & WL 2006
Disneyland Paris Xmas 2007
Disneyland Paris Xmas 2008
CBR, Beach Club, AKL & Polynesian Aug-Sept 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise Aug 2009
Royal Pacific Resort, Eastern Caribbean Cruise and Beach Club Aug 2012
12 Night Mediterranean cruise on Magic July 2014
dooledoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #358
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooledoo View Post
I've not booked or eaten at Universal before and I was trying to book a table at Pastamores for August 7. The link takes me to opentable.com and it says I can't book so far in advance. When will I be able to book or is there another way of making dining reservations?
You can't book more than 3 months out.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #359
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You can't book more than 3 months out.
So I can book late June for September !!With10 I think it will be advisable !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #360
andapanda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 152

I just booked Mythos today for July 17th, as a surprise for my husband. I've looked online to see if I could find an updated menu (not sure how new the one on the first page of this thread is).
andapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: