Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #151
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmmfan View Post
Do not I mean do not eat at Mel's Diner. It was the worst meal I have ever had!!
Yup. That is one that is usually on the "stay away" list.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #152
NewCruiser2011
Earning My Ears

Hate to be so negative - but must admit that the lunch we had at Mythos was some of the worst food we've had in Orlando, hands down. Both our meals were poorly prepared and underwhelming. I have no idea how this restaurant gets such high ratings in Orlando food magazines. I think people enjoy the atmosphere, but unfortunately we didn't eat a single thing that was worthy of praise. We were bummed.

However -- we did have a LOVELY meal at Emerill's Tchoup Chop! Everything was well prepared with great flavors. Great servers as well.

NewCruiser2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #153
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCruiser2011 View Post
Hate to be so negative - but must admit that the lunch we had at Mythos was some of the worst food we've had in Orlando, hands down. Both our meals were poorly prepared and underwhelming. I have no idea how this restaurant gets such high ratings in Orlando food magazines. I think people enjoy the atmosphere, but unfortunately we didn't eat a single thing that was worthy of praise. We were bummed.

However -- we did have a LOVELY meal at Emerill's Tchoup Chop! Everything was well prepared with great flavors. Great servers as well.
Awww, that is sad to hear! We've been eating there for 10 years and have never had a bad meal.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #154
cuddles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
If you can catch it open, the Monsters Cafe in the Studios has mediocre food but amazing theming. The trouble is that it is usually only open during HHN or during extremely crowded periods. It's a pity.

As for the topic, our favorites are Margaritaville and the Nascar Cafe in Citywalk, Thunder Falls Terrace and the Three Broomsticks in IOA and the Boulangerie and Louie's in the Studios. We had a real nice lunch in the Confisco Grille last year but the service was sloooowwww.
My son was disapointed that Monster's Cafe was closed the last time we went so we hope it's open when we go in November but I have a feeling it won't be.

Just wondering how hard is it to get a table at The Three Broomsticks? I would imagine it's nuts there.

Our faves so far are : Emerils at Citywalk, Bubba Gumps at Citywalk and Mel's Diner at US.

10 WEEKS AND COUNTING UNTIL WE GO!

I miss King Kong!
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #155
cuddles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yup. That is one that is usually on the "stay away" list.

We love Mel's and make sure we eat there at least once every trip, guess we are easy to please,lol.

10 WEEKS AND COUNTING UNTIL WE GO!

I miss King Kong!
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #156
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
My son was disapointed that Monster's Cafe was closed the last time we went so we hope it's open when we go in November but I have a feeling it won't be.

Just wondering how hard is it to get a table at The Three Broomsticks? I would imagine it's nuts there.

Our faves so far are : Emerils at Citywalk, Bubba Gumps at Citywalk and Mel's Diner at US.
It's pretty easy to get a table at The Three Broomsticks. It is just counter service so things move pretty quickly.

I think you're the first person ever to like Mel's Diner! I hope that means their food is improving.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #157
bwmmfan
Mouseketeer

I am with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCruiser2011 View Post

I have to say I totally agree. I thought the menu was boring and food so-so. We were seriously disappointed in all the places we ate at Universal.

2005 & 2007 ASSp, May 2009 POR, Aug 2011 POP

Last edited by bwmmfan; 08-30-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typos
bwmmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #158
Paging Mr. Morrow
Mouseketeer

Anyone have some good suggestions on where to eat breakfast on citywalk? or even in the theme parks themselves?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #159
mrbrady
Earning My Ears

Well we ate at Mythos last week and loved it. We had the final seating of the day, which may have helped. We had the Barbeque Chicken Pizza and the Mushroom flatbread to start (both very good) and then the Bistro Filet with Truffle Butter - steak that melted in the mouth. The atmosphere and service were both top notch.

Worst meal of our trip was at Islands in the RPR. Disinterested staff, the appetizers arrived at the same time as the entrees and no sign of a bread basket or a server interested enough to offer us a dessert. To add insult to injury it was also the most expensive meal of the trip. I have told the manager of the RPR what I thought... perhaps I'll hear back.
mrbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #160
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrady View Post
Well we ate at Mythos last week and loved it. We had the final seating of the day, which may have helped. We had the Barbeque Chicken Pizza and the Mushroom flatbread to start (both very good) and then the Bistro Filet with Truffle Butter - steak that melted in the mouth. The atmosphere and service were both top notch.

Worst meal of our trip was at Islands in the RPR. Disinterested staff, the appetizers arrived at the same time as the entrees and no sign of a bread basket or a server interested enough to offer us a dessert. To add insult to injury it was also the most expensive meal of the trip. I have told the manager of the RPR what I thought... perhaps I'll hear back.
I have only had the breakfast buffet at Islands Dinning room and it has always been great, except for the price keeps rising.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #161
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Mr. Morrow View Post
Anyone have some good suggestions on where to eat breakfast on citywalk? or even in the theme parks themselves?
You can get a breakfast pizza at Pastamore Express. There is Cinnabon across from there. I like the breakfast croissants at Croissant Moon and Boulangerie. There is also a Cinnabon inside IOA. If you want a more elaborate breakfast, I think you need to go to the hotels.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #162
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
I have only had the breakfast buffet at Islands Dinning room and it has always been great, except for the price keeps rising.
i have had the breakfast buffet and lunch and dinner there.

i have no complaints on the food or service.

everything was great for me.
i plan to eat at the Islands Dining room again on my october trip.

everyone has different tastes and ideas about the restaurants.
what i enjoy others might not.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #163
harrismargaret9
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing places to eat and places not to eat as mentioned by some. I being a foodie love to have some new experience. Iíll share what I had this time.
harrismargaret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #164
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Wow!!! Thanks so much to you guys for all this work putting the menus on line for us.

My son says I have officially lost my mind! I not only have all our meals scheduled but I have menus of every restaurant we are eating at!

He just asked if I am scheduling our bathroom breaks as well,lol....ya never know!
cuddlykp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #165
itsdisneytime
oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?

please stop and help me!!!

Hello friends. I need help in a big way. I am going to be coming to Islands of Adventure with a friend of mine who is kicking and screaming all the way. She wanted to tag along to bring her 9 year old to ::Disney:: and is now sort of irritated that her daughter decided she wanted to come along with my daughter and I when we go over to IOA for 1 day.

Long story short, the ONLY THING that is going to make her happy this day is finding something OFF THE CHARTS good for her to eat. SHE IS A BIG FOODIE. I am not familiar with what is in IOA to eat but id imagine all the food stuff is going to be on this city walk that i keep hearing about.

Please please chime in ... if you only had 1 opportunity to make a food critic happy (and she made comments about wanting to eat REALLY GOOD stuff that she cannot get at chain restaurants in everywhere usa) ... so where would you suggest? Keep in mind we are only doing 1 day at IOA so I prefer to do something quick and easy in the park (but as good as possible) ... and then come out for a dinner on the cat walk or whatever its called

I know you all probably wish you had 50 cents for everytime this question has been asked ... and i have tried to scroll through the threads but I need help still.

thanks

Shannon
itsdisneytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: