Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Our first magical trip - Complete

So on 13 march, got up at 6.00am. Off to Ds's room, just a small whisper "we're flying to disneyland today" and he got up at no time. Grabed our bags and off to the airport for 8.15am flight to Riga. Ds first time to fly!!! Check in was fast, plana was small, but Ds was sooooo excited. Short flight just 50 min and we're in Riga. Now nothing but to wait for 2h25min for our flight to Paris. That was a long wait. As we didn't get our breakfats at home, we went to a cafe and had a pizza. Oh, what a bad pizza it was. Not such a good start. The wait time passed so slowly, it was so boring... But the time came and here is one happy kid flying to Paris to meet Mickey. Sorry, to meet Buzz

It took us 3 hours to fly to Paris. Plane landed at 13.10 as planed. Oh my, the airport is huge, we got lost, took us sometime to get to baggage claim. And it took sometime to get my luggage, I was one of the last. Then we rushed to the door and there she was a lady driver from ezyshuttle. Oh the excitement!!! So impatient, so looking forward finally to get to DLP. And then.. Oh wow!!!!What a feeling - I saw the castle... I just could not believe my eyes.

First to at Santa Fe to drop off my friend and her DS and we're off to HNY. Amazing, just amazing... Tickles in my belly, heart doing crazy beating
As a man came to take our luggage I finally realised - yes, we're here.

We entered HNY and it was just breath taking. Just like we dreamed, right? Stright to the check in to find out our room wasn't ready. Who cares? Got the tickets and went to the park. Walked throught Disney Village and just didn't know where to look - it's Disney Disney Disney. and were're here. It's not dream - I can see it, touch it, smell it it was just around 15.00 when we arrived at the magical place.

Bag check, ticket check.. and ...

Last edited by Isila; 03-28-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Isila

we decited to go with a flow and we to Frontier land. Just walked around, took pictures and kept screaming "we're here" and "look at this". I'm sure you could tell it's our first time in DLP

and then - surprise, we came across Mickey!!

oh, and there was Goofy too

We went to see how did Robinsons live on an island

Admired pirate ship

and got totally lost trying to find the right way out

Admired the castle while waiting for the parade

and few moments later started dancing, waving, singing along and claping hands

and then all could hear was Ds screaming "Mum, it's BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Oh yes, Buzz.

We met "nice" ladies too

after parade we took teh ride on Disneyland railroad. It was the last day before this rides closes

after getting of at fantasyland station we came to tea cups and there was no queue. So we rushed and got ourselves a lovely cup

Oh yes, before that DS bought a CARS hat

after tea cups we went to carousel. I was too excited so didn't take a photo

after the ride we walked around again. It was getting cold and we were tired and hungry. I suggested Plaza gardens, we went for it, had to stand in gueue and then DS decided he doesn't like the place... Oh well, off to HNY.

Finally, our room was ready. It was 2115 and it took as time to find it. I felt like in a maze of corridors

DS voted for Park side dinner and I agreed. And it wasn't a mistake. Food was lovely, staff so nice and coctails wonderful. DS asked for a Buzz Lightyear one and I decided for a New generation one. But.. The menu was in French and our waitress wasn't so good in English... I couldn't figure our wich one was with alcohol and one without. Got with no alcohol. Oh well, I was fine with it. And I admint - it was one of the best non alcohol coctails I ever had. Shame I forgot my camare in the room and was too lazy and tired to go back to take it.
If you could only see my DS eyes as his coctail arrived. It was a Buzz glass with lightning Buzz sticek to the straw. and the waitress said he could take all of this with him.
The Buzz slept in the bed with DS that night

After dinner we went to bed, I couldn't sleep - too exited, too tired, it wasn't my bed at home at I hated the pillows. and how can you even sleep in DLP?

Second day coming up later.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
m-tinkerbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
So on 13 march, got up at 6.00am. Off to Ds's room, just a small whisper "we're flying to disneyland today" and he got up at no time. Grabed our bags and off to the airport for 8.15am flight to Riga. Ds first time to fly!!! Check in was fast, plana was small, but Ds was sooooo excited. Short flight just 50 min and we're in Riga. Now nothing but to wait for 2h25min for our flight to Paris. That was a long wait. As we didn't get our breakfats at home, we went to a cafe and had a pizza. Oh, what a bad pizza it was. Not such a good start. The wait time passed so slowly, it was so boring... But the time came and here is one happy kid flying to Paris to meet Mickey. Sorry, to meet Buzz

It took us 3 hours to fly to Paris. Plane landed at 13.10 as planed. Oh my, the airport is huge, we got lost, took us sometime to get to baggage claim. And it took sometime to get my luggage, I was one of the last. Then we rushed to the door and there she was a lady driver from ezyshuttle. Oh the excitement!!! So impatient, so looking forward finally to get to DLP. And then.. Oh wow!!!!What a feeling - I saw the castle... I just could not believe my eyes.

First to at Santa Fe to drop off my friend and her DS and we're off to HNY. Amazing, just amazing... Tickles in my belly, heart doing crazy beating
As a man came to take our luggage I finally realised - yes, we're here.

We entered HNY and it was just breath taking. Just like we dreamed, right? Stright to the check in to find out our room wasn't ready. Who cares? Got the tickets and went to the park. Walked throught Disney Village and just didn't know where to look - it's Disney Disney Disney. and were're here. It's not dream - I can see it, touch it, smell it it was just around 15.00 when we arrived at the magical place.

Bag check, ticket check.. and ...
the scaffolding doesn't look bad at all in your picture!!!
your DS look on his face is PRICELESS ;D he looks like he's having a blast!

I'm glad your friend and her DS made it as well :D I'm looking forward to more TR ;D
m-tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Isila

We could get lots of good pictures, but on the last day the back of the castle was closed, you couldn not longer walked out through the balcony and if you wanted to take a picture of Excalibur, you had to face the castle and take a picture with a fantasyland behind your back. Refurb is going fast and it covers almost whole bottom of the castle.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Wow I'm impressed you've started your trip report already, and delighted that you had such a fantastic time - knew you would!!
Your DS looks so happy
Can't wait to read the rest!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

What a lovely first day!!! You can't beat the magic of your first time in the park!!

Looking forward to the next bit....
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
Kazzabelle
I have not even been on my July trip and I am already thinking about breakfast for November

What a lovely start. i too love that feeling when you get to disneyland and you realize your finally here. i know it's just me (probably) but in my head disneyland has it's own smell .
your ds looks so so so happy bless him.
Looking forward to reading more

I need to get a new ticker ASAP
Kazzabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a fantastic first day.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #9
Isila

DS was really happy and really excited. At first he could not completely understand what Disneyland was and what was going on, but it didn't take much time to realize.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
tigger2891
Earning My Ears

hehe someone has been well and truly bitten by the DLP bug

Sounds like you and DS had a wonderful first trip to disneyland and I cant wait to read the rest of your TR...something I should really start on myself

Michelle
Davy Crockett-2006
Santa Fe -2010
Santa Fe-2011

tigger2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #11
Isila

Second day 14 March

Got up before 7.00 am. Went for breakfast at Park side dinner. And it was
lovely.

Food was great, although I hated the egg thing - it wasn't good, I didn't like it. Never had it again DS was happy with cereals, yogurt and juice. Couldn't make him eat anything more

As we left restaurant there was a sign that Pluto and Mickey were coming for meet and greet at 8.00. We were there and DS got to meet Pluto.

As Mickey was to come 20 minutes later we decided to go to park and not wait. We already had a picture with Mickey and we had reservations at Mickey's cafe this very evening.

At 8.20 am. we were at the gates. I was so totally happy and proud to show the easy pass and walk into the parks as there were people who came this early and had no passes because there were not staying in disneyland hotels. Nice feeling, isn't it?

We took a ride in police car and this made DS very happy. He asked for a photo in another car. So we did both. DS said when he will grow up and become a policeman, he will drive a car like this (yes yes, he want's to be a policeman, fireman and a doctor in ambulance to ride all those great cars )

So what's the first thing to do in EMH? Yes, ride the Buzz Lightyear Laser blast. This is why we came to DLP at first place So we rushed to it as DS was just super super excited. And - oh joy - no queue at all. Did it 4 times in a row and took fast pass for later.

Then we were off to Orbitron and took a 10min queue which was fine. DS enjoyed the ride, but one time was enough for him.

We walked around Discoveryland and took some pictures. Went to see if Star tours was open and it was closed.

We took some photos. Ok, many photos (it came in total 16GB oh photos and videos this trip ).

Then we went to Fantasyland to see what rides were open. And first thing we did was Dumbo. DS loved more than Orbitron. Then we went for tea cups as DS loved the ride. And carousel of course...

Then we queued for it's a small world and waited around 20mib and DS found it boring... And decided to entertain himself....

I loved it's a small world. So nice, so great. Lovely ride.

Then off to see pirate's land again

As we approached BTM it was 10min till our fastpass for Buzz. So we waited and I took fastpasses for BTM. It was 10.35am. and fast pass said 13.35 - 14.05.

After that we rushed to Buzz laser blast for our fast passes ride. Somehow I began to not to like this ride so much, but DS.. Oh, he was more than happy

We walked around some more and returned just for the parade. And DS met someone he knows very good. And was super excited again

Then I decided to queue for Winnie the Pooh and it was THE longest line we ever made on this trip. Took us 30 min. I felt sorry for some little ones aged around 2 for they were really unhappy about standing in lines and waiting. This was the moment I decided I will not take my second DS not until hes is 4 or 5 for this would be no fun for him.

And - yay yay yay - we finally hugged the bear
Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 AM   #12
Isila

After we got photo, we rushed to see morning parade once again. This time I was smart enough to stand at the very end to see where the characters go after the parade. And we were lucky - DS was first one to get to Eeyore, then we met Tiger and Emile. After meet and greet Emile went off looking at the every single trash can for food It was really funny and kids were just "oh oh oh oh"

After the parade it was time for our BTM fast passes. We queued for around 10 min, maybe a little bit less.

And.. well... we shouldn't have done this ride for DS got really really scared, he even cried. I promised I would never take him on a thrilled ride like this again.

So we went for the boat and DS was happy again. I admit - I loved the ride on Mark Twain We got to see Frontier land very well, took some pictures again and it was a nice pleasant ride.

As we approached the Phantom Manor DS insisted we would go there. I tried to explain him about the ghosts and thrills, but he said he's won't be scared. And of course I said yes. As soon as we got off Mark Twain we went for it.

Queue again was not longer than 10mins. And again.. my mistake, I knew it.. DS got scared just as he entered the room... I tried to calm him down and it was no use... So I went to see a cast member and told him we must get out. He was very nice and understood our problem very well. We got to stand at the machine thingy till everybody got on the ride and were led out through another exit. DS was calm and happy again. After some scary rides he asked to go to Fantasyland again.

We went for Casey Jr., but the queue was for 60mins... So we went the one next to it - can't remember the names. The one with boats and fairy tales. And again it was a lovely ride and DS enjoyed this very much. I understood that we will do these kind of rides all the time so DS would enjoy our trip and not be scared.

As DS said he was hungry I could not believe me ears!!! You must understand me - hearing something like this from my DS is like Christmas time for me. I let him choose what and where he wanted to eat. So we went for Casey's corner and had french fires, hot dog and cola. DS got something we loved

After that we went for tea cups an carousel again.

Last edited by Isila; 03-22-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #13
Isila

Later we decided to see some shops. DS kept asking for Buzz laser gun while shopping DS had a little fun

Back to the hotel for a short break (my camera's batery was runing low).

DS enjoyed some Disney cartoons and I got to rest my feet. And it was time for somethign I've been waiting for - Mickey's cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first the couldn't find my reservation, but I knew it was there because I checked at my hotel at the concierge desk. They checked couple of times and then asked to write down my last name And found it

We sat down, choose our meal and waited.. and it began.. Because of all the excitement I forgot to the photos of meals we had. But I can tell you it wasn't good nor tasty. In fact probably the worst taste meal we had on our trip. DS had kid's meniu - pizza, icecream and juice. I had Minnie's Classic Carbonara, friend had Pinocchio's Pasta and DS had the same pizze as my DS. And pasta's were really so so, wouldn't eat the same thing again.

Now about the happy things - the characters we met Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Peter Pan, Tic and Tac .....

After our meal we went shopping again. Oh my what a huge queue there was outside Mickey's cafe. I just could not believe it. I don't know if people without reservations ever got in...

Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you're having such a good time! Those pictures of your DS holding the plushies are sooo cute!

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #15
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Your trip report is excellent. Just look at that big smile on the face of your DS
You managed to cram a lot into your second day, well done. I can understand why you might be sick of Buzz after five turns in one day but at least your DS is having a blast (see what I did there...)
Sorry to hear your meal wasn't great in Cafe Mickey. We too find the food to be hit or miss, but the character experience always makes up for it. Never seen evidence of Peter Pan in there before, that's a rare find!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: