Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Eating Healthy
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #76
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? I started it last year and only did 4 days of it due to finding out I was pregnant... but it totally kicked my butt and I loved it!

I can't wait until the doc clears me to work out at my 6-week PP appointment so I can start this again!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #77
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? I started it last year and only did 4 days of it due to finding out I was pregnant... but it totally kicked my butt and I loved it!

I can't wait until the doc clears me to work out at my 6-week PP appointment so I can start this again!
I have used it, although I never stuck with it. It's way beyond my stamina level. I almost found P90X to be easier! The problem I have with 30 Day Shred is the switching between standing exercises and floor exercises. Once I'm doing floor work, I like to stay there, not get back up for another round! At least with P90X, I could stand up virtually the whole time and just work with my hand weights. I really need to get back into something though. One of my favorite workouts ever is a Billy Blanks Tae-bo routine I have on VHS!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #78
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypooh99 View Post
I have this problem too. My kids are so thin, and my DH is 5' 10" and weighs 150 lbs after a heavy meal! He really doesn't understand my struggle. I do good on watching what I eat during the week while he is at work, but when he is home all day on the weekend I have a harder time.

Well, I am doing great today. My kids don't have school, and they wanted pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I made it for them, and then had my bowl of special k with milk. It was hard to pass up those pancakes!

I had vegetable soup for lunch, and I don't know what dinner will be yet. Usually we have fish on Fridays during Lent so I'll probably make salmon tonight.
I am having issues with Fridays as I have never liked fish. I know fish is really good for you so what fish would anyone recommend for someone who doesn't really like it, especailly the smell?

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #79
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

[QUOTE=sjs314;40370148]I even ordered 2 walking DVD's and arm weights yesterday to try and get rid of my "flabby upper arms".

Getting old sucks, I use to weigh myself everyday and if I was up a pound or two watch what I ate, it was so easy to lose back then before I went through menopause.

Good luck everyone on keeping on track and hopeing we all can lose what we would like to before our trips.

I hate when I wave and the skin under my arms keeps going! Its just gross!

It does suck getting old. I recently hit 40 and I'm having a hard time with it. I don't feel 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypooh99 View Post
I have this problem too. My kids are so thin, and my DH is 5' 10" and weighs 150 lbs after a heavy meal! He really doesn't understand my struggle. I do good on watching what I eat during the week while he is at work, but when he is home all day on the weekend I have a harder time.

Well, I am doing great today. My kids don't have school, and they wanted pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I made it for them, and then had my bowl of special k with milk. It was hard to pass up those pancakes!

I had vegetable soup for lunch, and I don't know what dinner will be yet. Usually we have fish on Fridays during Lent so I'll probably make salmon tonight.
Yeah, your dh has the opposite problem! At least Brian needs to lose some although not as much as me!

I really like Special K, they have lots of varieties.

I'm really picky about my fish. We usually only eat what the boys catch. Where do you buy your salmon? Our fresh salmon is long gone!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #80
pinkle
DIS Veteran

This has been a challenging day!!! I went to the movies, and out for dinner, dinner was okay, i had a spinach salad with chicken....my downfall was the supersize bag of mini eggs we picked up at Costco I have had enought to last until Easter!!! Good thing I went for a jog first!!!back on the horse again tomorrow!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #81
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

Followed over from September 2011, I would love to lose 25-30 lbs. I lost about 15 last summer and gain half back now I really want to get it off and maintain it.

"Wait, there's no line at Stitch, we should at least try it..."

August 1992: Offsite - May 2007: POP! - May 2008: POP! - May 2009: All-Star Movies - May 2010: All-Star Sports - June 2010: Disneyland! - September 2010: Disneyland! - May 2011: Disneyland! - September 2011: POP! - November 2012: Disneyland! - November 2013: Bonnet Creek - October 2014: Disneyland! - November/December 2014: Bonnet Creek
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #82
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Yesterday wasn't too bad a day. I say "too bad" because I was good for breakfast & lunch, and took the kids on a 1.5 mile hike to a couple of banks and back. Then DH twisted my arm and we ate dinner at a Chinese Buffet.

Today I'll bribe the kids with timbits for a 2 mile walk.

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #83
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
Yesterday wasn't too bad a day. I say "too bad" because I was good for breakfast & lunch, and took the kids on a 1.5 mile hike to a couple of banks and back. Then DH twisted my arm and we ate dinner at a Chinese Buffet.

Today I'll bribe the kids with timbits for a 2 mile walk.
Well I went "bust" yesterday had pizza and a very small slice of cake. Soon as I ate the cake I was mad at myself for doing so.

Our local Chinese Buffet is my weakness, I think I need to go get it out of my system today and then I can start over tomorrow with my diet

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #84
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Today I am taking the kids to Disney on Ice! Anyone know if they healthy snacks there? I think I am going to go out this morning and get some meal replacement bars to take with me, I think I might look crazy if I walk in with a bowl of salad

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #85
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Well I went "bust" yesterday had pizza and a very small slice of cake. Soon as I ate the cake I was mad at myself for doing so.

Our local Chinese Buffet is my weakness, I think I need to go get it out of my system today and then I can start over tomorrow with my diet
Reese's peanut butter eggs did me in yesterday, and I'm off to a birthday party in a few minutes (pizza and cake!). Guess I'll try again tomorrow!

And for the record, Easter is so late this year that it's a really long time between Valentine's and Easter Day. It just means all that candy will be out for an extremely long time. Ughh!!!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #86
Mickeypooh99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I am having issues with Fridays as I have never liked fish. I know fish is really good for you so what fish would anyone recommend for someone who doesn't really like it, especailly the smell?
I mainly stick with tilapia and salmon. Of course my favorite is fried whitefish, but that isn't diet friendly!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #87
Mickeypooh99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmom View Post

Yeah, your dh has the opposite problem! At least Brian needs to lose some although not as much as me!

I really like Special K, they have lots of varieties.

I'm really picky about my fish. We usually only eat what the boys catch. Where do you buy your salmon? Our fresh salmon is long gone!

I know, Scott can't gain weight when he is trying! So frustrating!

I just buy fish at Family Fare usually. I don't have the boys catching anything we can eat. Our pond doesn't grow them that big!

I think I really got tired of fish around my high school years. I have fond memories of our "fish frys" when we were kids, but the older I got, the more tired of fish I got. I started to dread those white bags of fish in the freezer, and the jars of salmon in the basement! I do remember my dad grilling salmon with bbq sauce, and it was really good, but mine never turns out as good.

You don't look 40! Besides, I'm not that far behind, and I sure don't feel as old as I am.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #88
meeshi
Partial to finger toes
I SHOULD do it everyday
I was starting to wonder about DH

Count me in! I have 10lbs to lose...again. I always seem to gain it all back over the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post

I did it last spring and not only lost 13lbs. but also went down 2 sizes, which never happened before. It totally changed my body. Of course I gained everything back over the winter so I desperately need to get back on track. I threw away all my "fat" clothes so I now have nothing to wear once the weather starts to warm up, which is happening way too fast since I'm now in TX.

Anyway, I started last weekend watching what I'm eating, I'm tracking it all on sparkpeople. My DH and I also started walking and this week I'm going to start doing the 30 day shred.

Last year we had a Biggest Loser Challenge at work so that helped tremendously, I need some accountability or I'll get lazy.
meeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #89
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshi View Post
Count me in! I have 10lbs to lose...again. I always seem to gain it all back over the winter.

I did it last spring and not only lost 13lbs. but also went down 2 sizes, which never happened before. It totally changed my body. Of course I gained everything back over the winter so I desperately need to get back on track. I threw away all my "fat" clothes so I now have nothing to wear once the weather starts to warm up, which is happening way too fast since I'm now in TX.

Anyway, I started last weekend watching what I'm eating, I'm tracking it all on sparkpeople. My DH and I also started walking and this week I'm going to start doing the 30 day shred.

Last year we had a Biggest Loser Challenge at work so that helped tremendously, I need some accountability or I'll get lazy.
Wow, I lost 50 lbs last year and only went down 2 sizes! That's great! (During a biggest loser contest at work, too!) I use Sparkpeople too, when I am religious about using it is when I lose the most. Unfortunately lately I haven't been. I need to get back to that, and kick up the exercise, too. Luckily I only gained back 10 of those over the holidays, but I still have way more than that to lose. Did pretty good this weekend, although we did go out for Indian food last night.
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #90
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

Following from September 2011 Thread as well! I am a very goal oriented person and seeing that others are too, and working toward their goals helps keep me on track for mine! I definitely need to be eating better and exercising more. And i know it can't all be done over night so I've made some small changes in the last two years and have kept to them, like eating breakfast everyday and not buying pop anymore to have in the house....now its time to keep going further with it!

Can't wait to share some recipes! I am ready to try quick pickling (cucumbers in vinegar-usually I just like them with salt) and the veggie stew recipe posted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: