Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #136
BuzzNwoodY0824
Mouseketeer

Random stupid question.... If I went in 2006... Was the yeti moving? I remember only being terrified on my first ride =]

I can understand though why they haven't done a complete refurb. That's your #1 attraction in AK. If that would go into refurb to fix, it could take forever, and park numbers going down. It probably won't be refurbed for the yeti issue until a bigger and newer attraction is available to keep guests occupied for a while
BuzzNwoodY0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #137
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824 View Post
Random stupid question.... If I went in 2006... Was the yeti moving? I remember only being terrified on my first ride =]

I can understand though why they haven't done a complete refurb. That's your #1 attraction in AK. If that would go into refurb to fix, it could take forever, and park numbers going down. It probably won't be refurbed for the yeti issue until a bigger and newer attraction is available to keep guests occupied for a while
When it opened in April of 2006, it worked, but I don't know exactly for how long. I know it was working in July when we were there. I don't know if it made it to the end of the year.

And I agree...they are waiting until they can undertake the major downtime to fix it - if they ever do.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #138
rigs32
DIS Veteran

I rode it in Sept 06 and remember the yeti as fully functioning. You could not miss it. In B mode, many first time riders completely miss the yeti at the end.
rigs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #139
gymnastgirlflips
Live, Laugh, Glove <3 VMK

The first time I rode was the first week of January 2007 and it the yeti still worked. I bet it broke soon after that. It's devastating to hear that it's still broken... which makes the yeti of the Matterhorn much more scarier and impressive because at least he moves.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: