Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I'm saying that when a friend of mine brought them to my attention I made of list of five items that I knew were sold at Epcot and their prices. I then went over to Mouse Gear and looked at the prices. Their selling prices were all about 40% higher than the prices at Mouse Gear. And then there were their shipping charges.

Note that I am a retired CPA and former Internal Auditor; I am very careful when I throw numbers around and can always support them

It is interesting that all of the people who are strongly defending this company are new to DisBoards with fewer than ten posts.
I think since the owner of that business was alerted to the boards the other day about that other thread that they are now checking in on these boards for reference to themselves and posting under new accounts to bolster their claims of being a good business.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #17
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverUSA View Post
I think since the owner of that business was alerted to the boards the other day about that other thread that they are now checking in on these boards for reference to themselves and posting under new accounts to bolster their claims of being a good business.
jensmonkey93
Earning My Ears

'Cept that ain't a new join date.

Uncle Remus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
jensmonkey93
Earning My Ears

'Cept that ain't a new join date.
This company has been talked about for a while now...and someone with a low post count always comes out of the woodwork to defend them.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art

Here's another "low post" count defender. I checked back on some past purchases and realized that I have ordered some pins from them in the past. I had no issues with them either.

Basically, erinluk could solve her problem very easily. She keeps citing past missed phone calls, miscommunications, an unprofessional email by the owner; etc. The owner has admitted to past misunderstandings, apologized for sending an unprofessional email, etc. Since all of that went down, the owner has repeatedly stated that if she returns the damaged print, he will send out a replacement print at his own expense. The instructions on his website confirm this policy. It even says to mail it back by the cheapest way possible. Since she has a damaged print, she could stick it in a manilla envelope, slap 2 or 3 stamps on it, and send it back. This was explained to her both by emails and during a phone conversation a few days ago. She responded by saying the "f" word to them and hanging up. I don't know what else the owner is expected to do. In my opinion, he is already bending over backwards to satisfy this most difficult of customers. She opted not to purchase shipping insurance, and yet the owner is still replacing her damaged item anyway. But for insurance reasons, he needs the damaged print back. Some may feel that he should pay the return postage also. I don't. Considering how nice the owner is being by letting the customer take advantage of the insurance policy that she did not pay for, this customer can supply her own stamps.
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary

Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #20
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Based on some of the recent comments, I did a small test. I semi-randomly selected five items on their site and then went (today) to DTD and looked for them. The first item was at Disney Days of Christmas and the remaining four items were at World of Disney. I selected items that would be fairly easy to find and did not look at the prices when making the selection.

For each I will give a brief description, the Disney price, the Your WDW Store price, and the percentage of the Disney Price that the Your WDW Store price is.

1. Glass Ball Ornament, $9.95, $26.95, 271%
2. 2011 Beach Towel, $12.95, $29.95, 231%
3. Flamingo Antenna Topper, $4.95, 9.95, 201%
4. Cheshire Cat Ears Hat, $16.95, $24.95, 147%
5. 2011 Matchbook Bus, $9.95, $16.95, 170%

Total for the five items, $54.75, $108,75, 199%

So their average selling price is just about double Disney's price.

And I considered that whoever is doing the buying probably has at least an AP, so they get either a 10% or 20% (with PAP) on most purchases as well as their markup.

It is a lot cheaper to buy from Disney Mail Order.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs

Last edited by Cheshire Figment; 09-15-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Correct numeric typo.
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #21
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Based on some of the recent comments, I did a small test. I semi-randomly selected five items on their site and then went (today) to DTD and looked for them. The first item was at Disney Days of Christmas and the remaining four items were at World of Disney. I selected items that would be fairly easy to find and did not look at the prices when making the selection.

For each I will give a brief description, the Disney price, the Your WDW Store price, and the percentage of the Disney Price that the Your WDW Store price is.

1. Glass Ball Ornament, $9.95, $26.95, 271%
2. 2011 Beach Towel, $12.95, $29.95, 231%
3. Flamingo Antenna Topper, $4.95, 49.95, 201%
4. Cheshire Cat Ears Hat, $16.95, $24.95, 147%
5. 2011 Matchbook Bus, $9.95, $16.95, 170%

Total for the five items, $54.75, $108,75, 199%

So their average selling price is just about double Disney's price.

And I considered that whoever is doing the buying probably has at least an AP, so they get either a 10% or 20% (with PAP) on most purchases as well as their markup.

It is a lot cheaper to buy from Disney Mail Order.
Shut up! Who is dumb enough to pay $50 for an antenna topper?
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #22
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Sorry, I had a typo in the number. Their price is $9.95. But the percentage and totals were correct.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
bronzebrunette78
Mouseketeer

I have made a purchase from them once before.....and NEVER again! I bought 3 different pins that were all engraved.....they looked horrible! The engraving was sloppy and the pins weren't even pins! They came with an enclosed clothespin with little stickies. Total rip off! They also didn't even engrave one of them with the correct text that I had requested. To top it off, when I submitted my reviews of their products, they conveniently never appeared on their site. I made sure to write them in a purely factual manner and without any derogatory language....just a well-deserved negative review! 3 "pins" shipped for $60-- ridiculous!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #24
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Stay far, far away.

You'd probably get better prices (and service) on ebay.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
Tigger1973
Earning My Ears

Angry ************

************ is a shame. I ordered on 9/9/13 here it is 9/30 and its not here. I've checked into it and it supposedly was delivered ten days ago. I haven't received it. They are not helpful, and i will never shop from them again. I should have looked into them first. Am very unhappy!!!!
Tigger1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
GotLabradors
Missing Mr. Toad

They've got the new D&B HM bag listed for $450.00 if you're willing to go on a waiting list.

1980 Contemporary 1984 Tree Houses 1986 FortWilderness 1998 Boardwalk Inn 1999 Grand Floridian (Oct.) 1999 Polynesian (Dec.)
GotLabradors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
EpicKevin
Rafiki's Main Mandrill

My Sister asked me to check out the website for a "legitimacy" type point of view.

I took one look at the prices (never mind the web design) and thought...

erm....

No.

If for no other reason than... they make a point of "generously" giving away some park maps if you spend over a certain amount. WOW.

ByTheWay... I'm from the UK so I expect the "shipping fee" would be the price of a first class flight to the UK. ;-)
2013 - OKW (with my Wife, my Mum, my Sister and my Brother-in-Law)

One day we might have kids and take them as well!

Last edited by EpicKevin; 11-18-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot a detail
EpicKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #28
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

My daughter asked for a collection of dolls for X-mas which have been discontinued from the Disney Store. I have gone crazy looking for the original dolls she asked for. Amazon had them advertised and when they came in, they were the second edition. I sent them right back. Some one referred me to this particular store and I had a great experience with them. They cost me about $10 more per doll, but I was thrilled to get them. They came in earlier than expected and they were in fact the 1st edition. There was one doll that they were not able to get and they called me to see if I wanted the 2nd edition for that one. I said NO and the same day they gave me a credit for that one doll. I was pretty impressed by them.

After I ordered from them, I saw this thread and began to worry about it. I'm so glad that I didn't see this thread before, otherwise I would have been too afraid to order from this company. Glad that didn't happen. My daughter is going to be soooo happy.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
TinkerDust10
Earning My Ears

Too pricey....and not nicey!!!

I found that site maybe a year ago and as an avid Disney Shopper was tempted to purchase items from them....until I looked at the prices. I also read their FAQ's if you will and that alone made my decision very clear that I will never put my money in their hands. They don't seem customer friendly..at all!! They are extremely overpriced and the majority of the items they have you can get the same items from the Disney store for wayyy cheaper. I will never buy anything from them and I would advise anyone not to as well.

DL: 2009, 2010
WDW: AOA 2012, ASMo 2013

DS-5 & DD-4
TinkerDust10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #30
canadiantransplant
Earning My Ears

Non-Existent Customer Service

On February 2 I ordered some bandits for a gift for someone's upcoming trip and asked that they be delivered by Feb 14th (it was a posted 7 day shipping window). The item finally shipped on the 13th and didn't make it to NYC until the 18th. This means that I now have an item that was meant for someone before they left for their trip that is now essentially useless. The interesting thing is that they also raised the price on the bandits I ordered by $4 after mine shipped citing it was the last in stock (I got mine at the original price of $15.95).

I contacted the company expressing my disappointment and never heard a word back. In fact, the only time I heard from them was a single email with my shipping notification. I even posted my disappointment on their Facebook page and it was immediately removed.

Sadly, while they do seem to have some items that are on the rare side, I will not be using them again.
canadiantransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: