Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #1456
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I hope he can give you some good news!
He thought it might be just culinary or technical type schools. If there were any changes to the admission process he was not told. He said he they are accredited by the same place as the culinary schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Thru my work I am only to familiar with seizures (grand mal) and myclonic jerks . The 2 I know who had the jerks both had them only in the mornings !!
It takes a very special person to work around seizures. Until July, he had only ever had them in his sleep.

Last edited by lovethattink; 11-20-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #1457
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After the school, we headed to CSR for lunch. The Pepper Market now closes at 2pm until it reopens at 4:30 for supper. We all got chicken quesadillas except Anakin. He got chicken fingers.

For dessert, I got icecream with a churro. I put honey over top and it tastes just like the fried icecream we use to get years ago at Chi Chiís.

The guys went over to Cafť Rix and got gelato. Much to our surprise the cm made Mickey ears on Anakinís!

Picture of the boys

We headed back to POP and found Duffy just hanging around!

The new gift with purchase offer, much better than the last one. Better watch.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #1458
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
He thought it might be just culinary or technical type schools. If there were any changes to the admission process he was not told. He said he they are accredited by the same place as the culinary schools.

That is good news, yes?!

And your food pics make me hungry I hope to be able to eat at Pepper Market on our trip...but not until the last day...right before we catch DME. Not sure if it will actually work.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #1459
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The food at Pepper Market looks great!!I have only eaten there once and loved it. It is just outta the way so often, but the food and selection is great!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #1460
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is good news, yes?!

And your food pics make me hungry I hope to be able to eat at Pepper Market on our trip...but not until the last day...right before we catch DME. Not sure if it will actually work.
You know that the Pepper Market works differently than any other Disney food court? I hope it works out that you get to go. Just before it's before 2pm. They are closed from 2pm to 4:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The food at Pepper Market looks great!!I have only eaten there once and loved it. It is just outta the way so often, but the food and selection is great!!
It is out of the way a little, but it's very close to AK if you have a car. We went after spending time at AK for supper the one evening and as I mentioned above for lunch.

I love their fajitas! They just take soooo LONG to make.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #1461
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
I hope you love it there! Are you on the POP thread? Great info on that thread.
I'm sure I'll love it! It's disney
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #1462
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After lunch at CSR, we dropped off Grumpy at the room to work on his homework. He needed help, but I couldnít help him. It was Lidian to the rescue! Thanks so much for all your help!

Animal Kingdom had extended weekend hours. They were opened until 7. Grumpy needed some quiet to concentrate on his work, so we left him in the room and headed to AK. The Christmas decorations are up!

The tree

Wishing Grumpy was with us for this one!

Dinosaur track

You know how Triceratops Spin and the magic carpet ride work opposite? The one has the up and down in the front the other ride has it in the back. Same with the tilt, itís opposite. We always end up debating and usually I get it wrong. NOT this time!! An unfortunately it almost leads to a meltdown. But before the that, we had a very happy boy.

Anakin wanted to make it go up and down. Goofy insisted that was the front. I insisted the back. We went with Goofyís thinking because his memory is better than mine, USUALLYÖ
So the ride starts. Anakin is trying to get the dinosaur to go up. It doesnít move. So I try, and it moves. Tears. Daddy was wrong, Mommy was right. HA! But we donít want a meltdown. I tell Anakin to tell me up or down. He was fine with directing our flight. We thought heíd want to ride again, to get in the back. But he had a one track mind.
If you remember he was so disappointed last time we were at AK that Primeval Whirl was closed and he was finally tall enough to ride. This time it was opened and he really wanted to ride it. For those with auditory sensory issues, that queue is one of the worse places to be in. The sounds you hear in that queue are louder and more than the test track queue. The queue was short and they got on in no time.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #1463
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

What a very cool looking tree.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #1464
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What a very cool looking tree.
Animal Kingdom has some amazing Christmas trees! I think I got pictures of them all.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #1465
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Animal Kingdom has some amazing Christmas trees! I think I got pictures of them all.
Oh I am very excited to see them.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #1466
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know that the Pepper Market works differently than any other Disney food court? I hope it works out that you get to go. Just before it's before 2pm. They are closed from 2pm to 4:30pm.
I know that they are kinda like a ts in that you order and they bring it out to you? Plus, we will have to eat around noon and be back to WL by 3pm

Quote:
After lunch at CSR, we dropped off Grumpy at the room to work on his homework. He needed help, but I couldnít help him. It was Lidian to the rescue! Thanks so much for all your help!

Animal Kingdom had extended weekend hours. They were opened until 7. Grumpy needed some quiet to concentrate on his work, so we left him in the room and headed to AK. The Christmas decorations are up!

The tree

Wishing Grumpy was with us for this one!

Dinosaur track

You know how Triceratops Spin and the magic carpet ride work opposite? The one has the up and down in the front the other ride has it in the back. Same with the tilt, itís opposite. We always end up debating and usually I get it wrong. NOT this time!! An unfortunately it almost leads to a meltdown. But before the that, we had a very happy boy.

Anakin wanted to make it go up and down. Goofy insisted that was the front. I insisted the back. We went with Goofyís thinking because his memory is better than mine, USUALLYÖ
So the ride starts. Anakin is trying to get the dinosaur to go up. It doesnít move. So I try, and it moves. Tears. Daddy was wrong, Mommy was right. HA! But we donít want a meltdown. I tell Anakin to tell me up or down. He was fine with directing our flight. We thought heíd want to ride again, to get in the back. But he had a one track mind.
If you remember he was so disappointed last time we were at AK that Primeval Whirl was closed and he was finally tall enough to ride. This time it was opened and he really wanted to ride it. For those with auditory sensory issues, that queue is one of the worse places to be in. The sounds you hear in that queue are louder and more than the test track queue. The queue was short and they got on in no time.

I love the picture!! I missed riding Primevil Whirl last trip, but I kinda hoped that dd could ride it... so far she has been too short.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #1467
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Love the update!! It's tough to remember what controls are what in each ride...if they made them all ONE WAY it wouldn't be that tough on people. How did Anakin like PW? We rode that this past weekend, and NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #1468
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Amazing Christmas tree! I saw pictures the other day of some of the other ones in AK!

So glad that you were able to avoid a meltdown on TS! Great thinking mom, let him tell you how to control it!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #1469
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that they are kinda like a ts in that you order and they bring it out to you? Plus, we will have to eat around noon and be back to WL by 3pm

I love the picture!! I missed riding Primevil Whirl last trip, but I kinda hoped that dd could ride it... so far she has been too short.
They do not bring any food to you. Only beverages. You get a ticket and a menu that tells you which stalls have which foods. You go up to the stall and order your food. They stamp your ticket, and wait for food to be prepared. You bring it back to your table and eat. After eating, you pay for the food. A 10% gratuity is added to your bill if you are paying cash. If you are on the dining plan, you need to leave a 10% tip on your table for the server. At the end of the day all the tips go into a pool and it's divided up with a different percentages going to staff depending on their job. Totally different from any other food court at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Love the update!! It's tough to remember what controls are what in each ride...if they made them all ONE WAY it wouldn't be that tough on people. How did Anakin like PW? We rode that this past weekend, and NEVER AGAIN!!!!
He loved, loved, loved PW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Amazing Christmas tree! I saw pictures the other day of some of the other ones in AK!

So glad that you were able to avoid a meltdown on TS! Great thinking mom, let him tell you how to control it!
I took pictures of all the trees in Camp Mickey Minnie, most of them represented a character. I think I got pics of all of them!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #1470
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We had picked AK as our park of choice because it was suggested by EasyWDW. We were so surprised at how busy it was. I guess this goes back to being Veteranís weekend, Festival of the Masters and Jersey Week.

The last safari pulled out at 4:45pm so we high tailed it over there from Primeval Whirl. We ended up behind the parade, which worked out perfectly.

We followed the parade all the way to Kilimanjaro Safari. Along the way, I found where the jalapeŮo pretzels are located and the shrimp egg rolls. Both things I wanted to try. I looked for the teriyaki chicken wings, but didnít see them.

We rode the safari and got the back seat. Boy is that a bumpy ride!! It was hard to steady the camera. Anakin and I were all over our seat, and air born a couple times. At the end Goofy had to anchor us down. It was crazy!! We were even in a handicapped car as we took the wheel chair with us in line. I donít ever remember a more turbulent ride. There were a few pictures that got good.

Rhino

Hippo

Giraffes

Elephants

The elephants that were tusk to tusk actually did go tusk to tusk. Not sure what that meant, but they looked like they were dueling.

The lions were actually up and moving. The male was running. Yes!!! Running. The female was walking around. I got video of her walking, but didn't get the Lion running. He was too quick.

After the ride we headed to the characters. Anakin didnít really want to see them, but since we prepurchased the photopass cd, we wanted pictures. He was a trooper and humored us.

Goofy

Minnie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: