Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #1441
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What fun with the Twister, Hustle, etc.

Sorry to hear about Anakin's seizures.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #1442
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hopefully they will get Anakin's meds right.

That is such an adorable resort. I love it!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #1443
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Sorry to hear about the seizures. I know how that goes. EAch growth spurt requires med adjustments and things tend to take awhile getting to a new normal.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #1444
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Sorry to Anakin has more seizures, hope they can adjust his meds.

more great photos....love the sidewalk chalk ones!
The sidewalk chalk was cool!

The neuro called today, his blood levels were within range so no changes in medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so sad about Goofy. I loved this area... not only for dd to have a good time, but the photo op was great. Any word on what they are doing there? I know no more jets...but???
Haven't heard what they are going to do with that area. But keep an eye on the laying down Goofy. The next day he was covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
So glad to hear such amazing news!

Totally digging the pictures! Especially the Art of Animation ones. They're awesome!

Sorry that DTD was busy. Loved the chalk drawings!
I thought of you when DTD was busy. We usually hit it great there, especially the time of day we went.

It's neat to see the progress of the buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What fun with the Twister, Hustle, etc.

Sorry to hear about Anakin's seizures.
He is over 24 hours seizure free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hopefully they will get Anakin's meds right.

That is such an adorable resort. I love it!!
It's a great resort for kids or anyone who likes Disney in a big way! POP is my favorite value resort, followed by All Star Movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
Looks like you guys had a great trip! Sorry to hear about the seizures. I know how that goes. EAch growth spurt requires med adjustments and things tend to take awhile getting to a new normal.
It was a very fun trip! He definately had a growth spurt, but his levels are still in range. Doc said to call back if they continue, but for now keeping everything the same. He said we could bump up the afternoon dose to the same as the morning and evening if the seizures continue. But he hasn't had any since the blood work was done. Which is a great thing!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #1445
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

While Anakin was occupied with the video games, Goofy took his leave with Grumpy to St. Augustine. The pictures above and below were from our round about walk back to the room. I had a lot of time to entertain him. Our evening plan was to watch Geek Charming at 8pm and build those two legos.

We got back to the room and I noticed the room service menu changed.

It was starting to get very cold outside, and I dreaded taking him to the food court by myself. He doesnít do too well waiting for food to get ready. I considered ordering a pizza, but I forgot to get him milk for his Carnation Instant Breakfast drink. (When he drinks that in the evening his myoclonic twitching isnít nearly as bad. He is missing a trace amount of some kind of mineral and that packet has it. The neurologist canít figure out which one it is, but said if it works use it.) So after getting back to the room we were shortly off to the food court to get supper. We brought it back to the room. I didnít take pictures. I got a tuna sandwich on white bread and a kids pizza with grapes and applesauce for him. There are lids at the counter that fit perfectly over the plates. Despite the cold air on the way back to the room, his pizza stayed hot!

After eating we tried to find a garbage can. I should have walked out of our room and to the stairwell beside it for a can. Instead, I walked the opposite direction. The first garbage can that direction was at the vending and ice machine. Anakin complained about the cold and we hurried back to the room.

Got a text from Goofy that they had been stuck in Orlando traffic for over an hour. They arrived at the game in St. Augustine just in time for it to start.
Anakin put together the city lego first. It was easy for him and he didnít need any help. The Hero Factory lego was a different story. He put something on backwards and he couldnít figure out how to fix it. He was very stressed and in tears when I started taking pieces apart to fix it.

The tears went away when we discovered something odd. Mousekeeping had placed a bottle of shampoo/conditioner inside the extra roll of toilet paper.

While he was giggling about that, I was able to fix the lego and he was good to go. We played with them until Geek Charming started. It was a nice movie.
He didnít want to go to bed without saying goodnight to Grumpy and Goofy, but he eventually fell asleep. They came ďhomeĒ around 1am. The team won the first game of the playoffs! They were not the favored team to win.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #1446
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Our morning started early. We had a tour at Le Cordon Bleu for Grumpy. We arrived too early, so we went across the street to Wal-Mart. When we got back, there were quite a few people there for the tour. The school is very nice, but only offers the diploma 1 year program. For continuation of school you go online through Scottsdale, AZ. He prefers in class instruction to online.

We also ran into a snafu with both Le Cordon Bleu and the Art Institute. Both schools require a high school diploma from a SACS accredited school. Grumpyís school is not SACS accredited. They both said he would have to take the GED test in order to go to their school. We are not happy about that. They donít care that his SAT scores and ACT scores were high enough for him not to take any entrance tests. They both said that they could lose school funding and scholarship programs if they accepted someone not SACS accredited. Only all the public schools and the larger private schools are SACS accredited. This means that they will not accept homeschoolers or those in small private schools. While it sure seems discriminatory, there is nothing they or I can do about it, or is there?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #1447
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Our morning started early. We had a tour at Le Cordon Bleu for Grumpy. We arrived too early, so we went across the street to Wal-Mart. When we got back, there were quite a few people there for the tour. The school is very nice, but only offers the diploma 1 year program. For continuation of school you go online through Scottsdale, AZ. He prefers in class instruction to online.

We also ran into a snafu with both Le Cordon Bleu and the Art Institute. Both schools require a high school diploma from a SACS accredited school. Grumpyís school is not SACS accredited. They both said he would have to take the GED test in order to go to their school. We are not happy about that. They donít care that his SAT scores and ACT scores were high enough for him not to take any entrance tests. They both said that they could lose school funding and scholarship programs if they accepted someone not SACS accredited. Only all the public schools and the larger private schools are SACS accredited. This means that they will not accept homeschoolers or those in small private schools. While it sure seems discriminatory, there is nothing they or I can do about it, or is there?
That just does not sound right...especially if he has the SAT/ACT scores to back it up! The hurdles we have to jump through to give our children the education of our choice...I work for the public schools but my children are private! I am sure the GED will be simple...but a pain!

I am so excited about the Art of Animation resort...so could pick out the CARS wing!

We walked Geek Charming too...same night! The kids really enjoyed it!

You are making so excited about POP with the pictures. I know that we will never have the time in an afternoon to experience the entire resort...but my camera will be clicking away!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #1448
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
That just does not sound right...especially if he has the SAT/ACT scores to back it up! The hurdles we have to jump through to give our children the education of our choice...I work for the public schools but my children are private! I am sure the GED will be simple...but a pain!

I am so excited about the Art of Animation resort...so could pick out the CARS wing!

We walked Geek Charming too...same night! The kids really enjoyed it!

You are making so excited about POP with the pictures. I know that we will never have the time in an afternoon to experience the entire resort...but my camera will be clicking away!
Have you seen it since? It's been on tv several times. Anakin has watched it each time.

Glad you are enjoying the pictures!

Would you believe the problem with Grumpy's diploma comes from the Health Care Bill? I never would have dreamed education changes were in there too. I know he will have no problem taking the GED. I'm interested though to see if the state schools accept him or not for the same reason?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #1449
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

As mentioned previously, one of the differences between CSR and POP is the shampoo. I just thought of another difference. At CSR, our bath soap, shampoo and conditioner was placed on a ledge in the bath tub. The lotion and face soap was placed on a little tray on the sink counter.

At POP, besides the first shampoo/conditioner that was placed inside the toilet roll, rofl. The remainder of the time we came back to the room to see them on face clothes.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #1450
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I find that so frustrating! I hope that he ends up with as little hassle as possible getting into the school of his choosing. Hoops... sometimes they are just maddening.

Pictures of Pop are great!!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #1451
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Quote:
Have you seen it since? It's been on tv several times. Anakin has watched it each time.

No, but the kids have it DVRed...so I am sure we will watch it over and over for awhile! Or until I erase it and pretend

Glad you are enjoying the pictures!

Would you believe the problem with Grumpy's diploma comes from the Health Care Bill? I never would have dreamed education changes were in there too. I know he will have no problem taking the GED. I'm interested though to see if the state schools accept him or not for the same reason?
Seriously the Health Care bill...oh yeah, we have to pass it first and then read it to know what it says...sheesh...I can't wait until the Supreme Court throws the stupid thing out. Don't get me started on politics...I tend to lean right on both social and $$$ issues and I have had just about all of the current adminstration I can handle....which is killing my dh's small business!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #1452
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I missed some of your updates but lovin the POP pics. We're staying there for two days before we go home. It looks fab and can't wait.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #1453
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I find that so frustrating! I hope that he ends up with as little hassle as possible getting into the school of his choosing. Hoops... sometimes they are just maddening.

Pictures of Pop are great!!
Ann and Tammie, it's unreal. We are hoping it's just private technical schools and not state schools. He is touring a state university tomorrow. We are going to church today and I just realized this morning that my Sunday School teacher is director of admissions at a university; so I'm going to ask him what he knows about it. Maybe set up a meeting with him at his university, though they don't have the majors Grumpy is interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I missed some of your updates but lovin the POP pics. We're staying there for two days before we go home. It looks fab and can't wait.
I hope you love it there! Are you on the POP thread? Great info on that thread.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #1454
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ann and Tammie, it's unreal. We are hoping it's just private technical schools and not state schools. He is touring a state university tomorrow. We are going to church today and I just realized this morning that my Sunday School teacher is director of admissions at a university; so I'm going to ask him what he knows about it. Maybe set up a meeting with him at his university, though they don't have the majors Grumpy is interested in.

I hope he can give you some good news!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #1455
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Thru my work I am only to familiar with seizures (grand mal) and myclonic jerks . The 2 I know who had the jerks both had them only in the mornings !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: