Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #1426
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We quickly unpacked the car and decided that Friday’s at Cross Roads sounded good for lunch. The boys wanted to fish first.

Nothing was biting, it was too cold and windy. Grumpy was using what he calls a pen rod. It’s a rod that folds up into a container that looks like a pen and is the size of a pen.

I took pictures of the Art of Animation buildings on the way to the car

TGI Fridays

We have a Stripes card at Fridays so we got the free chips and dip as an appetizer. Grumpy got the pick three, Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo, New England Clam Chowder, and the Oreo dessert. He said the clam chowder was very sweet, but good. The Cajun seasoning was very strong. The dessert was perfect! Goofy got cheese sticks, a burger, and vanilla cheesecake. Anakin got…I’m sure you can’t guess…chicken fingers and fries. I got a half rack of baby back ribs that comes with fries and slaw.

We were in a time crunch. Grumpy had to be in St. Augustine by 6:30 for the football game, and they had to consider traffic in downtown Orlando could be slow. They planned to leave by 4pm at the latest since it is usually a 2 hour drive. However, Anakin did not pack toys in his bag. He packed gum and key chains. I should have checked before we left home. So we decided to stop at DTD to get a lego for him to put together while they were at the football game.

I totally forgot it was Festival of the Masters. DTD was packed. There were no parking spots anywhere. Goofy stopped the car and Anakin and I jumped out and headed to the Lego store while Goofy drove around for a spot to open. There was a family side walk chalk area along the side of WOD. There were buckets of chalk and you could draw your own picture in a block. Since we were pressed for time, we just walked by and I snapped a few pictures.

The Lego store was having a special brick event too. Only people participating in the event were allowed into that entrance. We were routed all the way around the store to the other entrance. The store was mobbed. DTD was mobbed. It was like Christmas Week. Anakin walked around the entire store checking out every single Lego. He picked out 2 small legos (a city astronaught car and a Hero factory figure) and we headed to check out. As we were paying Grumpy and Goofy entered the Lego Store.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #1427
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates. Glad you got hte location you wanted at Pop.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1428
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. Only 11 more days for me. I can't wait. I hope that I get back into building 10 again. I had a great room on the third floor. I like to be on the top floors.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #1429
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates. Glad you got hte location you wanted at Pop.

Thanks! I think room 113 is our new favorite room at POP.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #1430
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks! I think room 113 is our new favorite room at POP.
It's always nice to have a "favorite" room or location. We've never even visited Pop; perhaps one day we'll take a drive over and have Mark try that tie-dyed cheesecake everyone talks about.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #1431
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
Great trip report. Only 11 more days for me. I can't wait. I hope that I get back into building 10 again. I had a great room on the third floor. I like to be on the top floors.
Thanks!

Ooooooh!!!! That means you can do online check in TOMORROW!!!! I hope you get your request.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #1432
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It's always nice to have a "favorite" room or location. We've never even visited Pop; perhaps one day we'll take a drive over and have Mark try that tie-dyed cheesecake everyone talks about.
I do not like red velvet cake so I am not a fan of the tie-dyed cheesecake. After eating cheesecake factory cheesecake, Disney's cheesecakes just don't live up to it. Disney's are usually dry. Maybe it's because it's individually packaged in containers exposing the sides of the cheesecake to air? And at the Cheesecake factory the cheese cake is cut as they go?

But don't let my opinion on the cheesecake discourage you from checking out POP. It's a great stroll down memory lane! The nightly tv dinners are kind of cool too.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #1433
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

The sidewalks look pretty amazing. I love the idea of the boys fishing, I think that it's great. WDW seems to have everything.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #1434
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear that Anakin was seizure free during the trip. Wish it could have stayed that way.

Thanks for posting pics of the new resort. I am getting pretty excited about that opening!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 AM   #1435
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The sidewalks look pretty amazing. I love the idea of the boys fishing, I think that it's great. WDW seems to have everything.
There really is something for everyone at WDW!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #1436
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am glad to hear that Anakin was seizure free during the trip. Wish it could have stayed that way.

Thanks for posting pics of the new resort. I am getting pretty excited about that opening!
He looks taller, so it may be a growth spurt and his medication needs tweaking again. We will get his the results of his blood work back Monday. He did great yesterday and last night, no seizures!

I hope it works out for you all to have a ladies only trip to stay at Art of Animation.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #1437
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

While we were out we noticed that Grumpy’s room key was not valid for charging and we wanted that changed. So we headed to the main building once we got back.

We passed the Twister game

And the now totally closed Goofy Fountain area. Poor Goofy was laying down. Two Construction workers were looking at the area and talking about what needed to be done. I mentioned that it’s sad to see Goofy laying there on the grass.

There was also construction at the Hippy Dippy Pool

It was in the mid-60’s, not many people were swimming.

Cute candy display

Anakin loved the games in the waiting room. Donkey Kong and a popping bubble game.

Learn how to do the Hustle

The Bowling Pin Pool

Painting an Icon

More construction in the 50’s

Lake Pictures

Art of animation

Sky writing

Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #1438
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Sorry to Anakin has more seizures, hope they can adjust his meds.

more great photos....love the sidewalk chalk ones!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #1439
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am so sad about Goofy. I loved this area... not only for dd to have a good time, but the photo op was great. Any word on what they are doing there? I know no more jets...but???
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #1440
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
They are all refurbished now. I slept like a baby. Anakin did too. He didn't have a single seizure any night we were there!! Come home and BANG! Both night and daytime ones, partials at night and absence during day.
So glad to hear such amazing news!

Totally digging the pictures! Especially the Art of Animation ones. They're awesome!

Sorry that DTD was busy. Loved the chalk drawings!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: