Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #1036
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Way to go Anakin with the high score! I don't think I've ever seen that Stitch hanging from the ceiling (although I avoid Stitch most of the time).
Old 09-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #1037
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yay for the high scores!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Way to go Anakin with the high score! I don't think I've ever seen that Stitch hanging from the ceiling (although I avoid Stitch most of the time).
I don't remember seeing Stitch either, but Goofy says he was always there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #1038
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The time before we saw Chip and Dale with a photopass photographer. This time we saw Chip and Dale, but no photographer. Both Tyler and Anakin were more concerned about Tyler's Lego purchase than Chip and Dale, but we went to see them anyway. So glad we did, love the picture!!

We saw Buzz Lightyear was out too, and decided to visit him AFTER a ride on the TTA/people mover. The 5 of us fit into a car. Tyler and bouncycat across from us.

While we were on the TTA I noticed Buzz Lightyear leaving. We didn't know if we should stick around for a bit and wait or not. I spotted a manager and we went over there to ask him if he knew when Buzz would be back. He took us in the store and had someone call to ask. 6:30pm was the answer. That was hours away!

Turned out the manager I spoke with was from my hometown in PA!! And went to the same high school.

Anakin was fine about not seeing Buzz, but he was not ok with what happened next. He was holding a love bug who had lost its partner.

Somehow Goofy bumped it and it died. Grief hit in like you would not believe. I tried to sidetrack him by going to the arcade while Goofy, bouncycat and Tyler rode Space Mt. He wasn't interested in the arcade, his mind was on one thing only, lovebugs. Those horrible little creatures were EVERYWHERE that morning. In fact, he almost invaded people's personal spaces by reaching for them on people's clothes. We pulled him back explaining it was inappropriate. He jumped out of his chair at the ferry when we arrived and would have bumped into people if we weren't there to stop him. He was completely oblivious to everything other than those icky bugs.

So while they rode the ride, I took him outside to find another one. There wasn't a lovebug in sight. I'm sure to any onlooker he looked like a spoiled brat. He fastened himself into the convaid cruiser using the 5-point harness and begged me to strap in his feet. I knew I had to side track him soon, he was starting to dig his fingernails into his skin for deep pressure. Mr. Hyde was starting to show his side as Dr. Jeckyl was disappearing like the lovebugs did.

I got him back to the arcade, figured their ride soon had to be over. I pulled up to the basket ball machine and put in the quarter. He didn't want any part of it until I reached down to play. He played and forgot all about the lovebugs.

Before he finished the game, they were off the ride. We stuck around the arcade for a bit, then bouncycat and her son headed over to DHS to ride Rock and Roller and Tower of Terror. We decided to leave the park after stopping for an icecream sandwich at the Bakery. Unfortunately, Anakin remembered about the lovebugs. He was calm and it was a good time to go over his social stories about anger. In particular, he likes one that talks about how Jedis don't get angry, because anger and fear are from the dark side. With a much calmer child, we headed towards Main Street.

Last edited by lovethattink; 09-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #1039
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I love the Chip and Dale picture. How adorable that is.

You are amazing in handling Anakin's meltdowns. I can imagine that a lot of it is trial and error. Yay Jedis!!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #1040
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

This is my ALL-TIME favorite picture that I have seen of Anakin.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #1041
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

cute photos!
sorry about the love bug issues, sounds like you handled it great

Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #1042
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I got a pic of him with chip and dale also!!! That was a cute pose!! Good pic of me and Tyler too!!! Fun day with you guys!!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #1043
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

The pose with Chip and Dale! Sorry about the Love Bugs...I think I perfer Herbie over the ones in your pictures (okay now I am dating myself... I remember Dean Stockwell...and when Donnie and Marie did Herbie).
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #1044
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love the Chip and Dale picture. How adorable that is.

You are amazing in handling Anakin's meltdowns. I can imagine that a lot of it is trial and error. Yay Jedis!!
Last summer when all of this started, I was not good at handling meltdowns. And the meltdowns lasted an hour or more and happened multiple times a day. It was a really rough summer.

Anakin's Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Occupational Therapy have been the best things in the world for our family!! The neurocognitive testing showed us his strengths and weaknesses. The occupational therapy thorough evaluation shedded even more light on the situation.

June 21, 2010 when he had his first grand mal through March 2011 were some of the roughest times our family went through. I sported more black and blues during those dates than I probably did in my lifetime. It was as if a switch went off in his brain and we had a totally different child.

At first we thought the behavior was a result of his seizure medicine. So he was switched to another and the behavior didn't change. It wasn't until we all realized that he was experiencing horrible pain from an intensification of all 5 senses that he was able to be helped. I am thankful the psychologist picked up on the clues and pointed us in the right direction!

It was a rough haul of three days a week therapy with homework from the therapy lasting up to two hours a day. The biggest changes came with the Interactive Metronome. I was extremely skeptical of this. But it was during this time Jan to March where the biggest changes in his behavior, balance, and physical skills improvements took place! The therapeutic listening of modulated music helped with the sound sensitivity. With his body more in sync he made the biggest strides and we started the process of getting our happy, cheerful boy back!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #1045
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
This is my ALL-TIME favorite picture that I have seen of Anakin.
Thank you!! It's my 2nd all time favorite.

This is my favorite

Someone from Tagrel enhanced it and it became
Old 09-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #1046
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
cute photos!
sorry about the love bug issues, sounds like you handled it great
Thanks!!

As I poured out above, it's been a learning process for all of us.

Last edited by lovethattink; 09-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #1047
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I got a pic of him with chip and dale also!!! That was a cute pose!! Good pic of me and Tyler too!!! Fun day with you guys!!!!
Did you post your pics yet? Lots of fun. Tyler is such a good sport!

Last edited by lovethattink; 09-17-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #1048
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
The pose with Chip and Dale! Sorry about the Love Bugs...I think I perfer Herbie over the ones in your pictures (okay now I am dating myself... I remember Dean Stockwell...and when Donnie and Marie did Herbie).
Thanks!! I prefer Herbie too! Loved the Herbie movies. I don't remember Donnie and Marie doing Herbie, but I do remember watching their show weekly. I had the Donnie and Marie barbie dolls.

Last night we discovered a lovebug on one of Goofy's hanging shirts. Anakin was thrilled and declared it a gift from God since He knew how sad he was about the other one.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #1049
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

Thank you!! It's my 2nd all time favorite.

This is my favorite

Someone from Tagrel enhanced it and it became
oh, that is so precious how old is he there?

Quote:
Thanks!! I prefer Herbie too! Loved the Herbie movies. I don't remember Donnie and Marie doing Herbie, but I do remember watching their show weekly. I had the Donnie and Marie barbie dolls.

Last night we discovered a lovebug on one of Goofy's hanging shirts. Anakin was thrilled and declared it a gift from God since He knew how sad he was about the other one.
big Donny fan back in the day too ...
love how Anakin finds such joy in the little things

Well I think you are doing a remarkable job with Anakin and his issues, he was given to the right mommy
so happy things have improved so much for him this past year!!!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #1050
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
oh, that is so precious how old is he there?

big Donny fan back in the day too ...
love how Anakin finds such joy in the little things

Well I think you are doing a remarkable job with Anakin and his issues, he was given to the right mommy
so happy things have improved so much for him this past year!!!
Thanks!! The picture was taken November 2007, he was 3.

Scotch tape and juicy fruit gum bring him the most joy, lol. He can be easy to please.

It took us 10 years to get pregnant with him. I guess those 10 years were to make sure we were equipped to parent him effectively.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: