Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #76
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I dooo! We used to watch it on TV all the time and then it was my older DD's favorite thing when we went to Disney. (well one of her favorite things)

I'm confused though. I just got caught up and I swear I read you were on day Sat and you checked on on Monday, but I didn't see anything written about Sunday? Maybe I have the dates messed up.

Yoo got some awesome shots of CSR there. It's so pretty from what I have seen in pictures. It would be nice to try it out someday.
Yay! Glad someone remembers Doug Live!

Friday was check-in and Epcot in the evening. We rode only two attractions (Journey into Imagination and Test Track), ate ice cream, and went back to the resort.

Saturday we dropped off Grumpy at Universal, after we rode one attraction (One Fish, Two Fish), then headed back to the resort and we swam until we had to go back to Universal to pick up Grumpy.

Sunday we went to the MK and ate at the Plaza Restaurant, and rode Buzz Lightyear, the TTA and Peter Pan before heading back to the resort to swim. Spent the evening with friends at CSR.

Monday was check-out.

Not your typical Disney schedule, but it's what fit us. Anakin minded all the people, so he could only tolerate the crowds in small doses.

Tomorrow we are headed to Epcot to meet friends. Grumpy will stay all day with the friends, and I will be there with Anakin in the morning. We'll go home in the afternoon, then come back with Goofy in the evening. We are blessed to have a never ending vacation as part of our life story!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #77
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

OK, thats where I got mess up.
Gotcha!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #78
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I LOVE a Neverending Disney Vacation and to be able to go weekly...well, could it GET any better than that?!?!!!! May I make a suggestion...keep adding to this trip report as you are able and telling us about your weekly jaunts??? I hope you have a wonderful time at Epcot (I love Epcot ) and that the crowds are better for you.

The last group of photos was simply amazing and I loved them all, it made me feel as if was there, loved having them all together. Living life with a differently abled child makes/helps you see life in a totally different way. I hope Grumpy is feeling well and has a great time also. Pick my brian anytime you want, I will do my best to assist and THANK YOU for doing thins TR!!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #79
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Thank you for all of the amazing photos!

I have a question for you - you mentioned real italian coffee from somewhere at CSR? Where can I get some and can you get it in a refillable mug?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #80
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I LOVE a Neverending Disney Vacation and to be able to go weekly...well, could it GET any better than that?!?!!!! May I make a suggestion...keep adding to this trip report as you are able and telling us about your weekly jaunts??? I hope you have a wonderful time at Epcot (I love Epcot ) and that the crowds are better for you.

The last group of photos was simply amazing and I loved them all, it made me feel as if was there, loved having them all together. Living life with a differently abled child makes/helps you see life in a totally different way. I hope Grumpy is feeling well and has a great time also. Pick my brian anytime you want, I will do my best to assist and THANK YOU for doing thins TR!!!!

Lol, I could do that. I forgot to thank you for the birthday wishes! And thank you for the Saturday wishes.

Chubby Checkers is there tomorrow night. I hope I get a chance to at least check it out from a distance. The lights at the show bother Anakin. I hope I am be-bopping around when I am that age!

The friends we are meeting up with are like 2nd family to us. Grumpy can't wait to see them!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #81
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Thank you for all of the amazing photos!

I have a question for you - you mentioned real italian coffee from somewhere at CSR? Where can I get some and can you get it in a refillable mug?
Not exactly sure about the real Italian coffee. Goofy and I were talking about eating lunch or dinner one day soon at the Pepper Market. If we go, I will definately inquire. In the past, Cafe Rix had real Italian coffee available for the refill mugs. However, there is now a nescafe dispenser for self serve. Maybe someone else here knows for sure and can say?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #82
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Awesome CSR pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #83
MyPeanut&Bug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I LOVE a Neverending Disney Vacation and to be able to go weekly...well, could it GET any better than that?!?!!!! May I make a suggestion...keep adding to this trip report as you are able and telling us about your weekly jaunts???
I so totally agree! Despite my huge case of jealousy , I love hearing how often you guys are able to go!

CSR looks just gorgeous! What a neat kids play area!
August 2002 - Honeymoon after our Cinderella wedding! - POR
May 2009 - ASMo- First trip with kids!
March 2011 - Grandma came along for the fun too! - ASMo
Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #84
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Awesome CSR pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for taking the time to look. Are you sure you want to cheat on CSR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPeanut&Bug View Post
I so totally agree! Despite my huge case of jealousy , I love hearing how often you guys are able to go!

CSR looks just gorgeous! What a neat kids play area!
It was very neat. I don't know if I showed it or not, but there was also a ping pong table and a fuseball table.

(It was difficult to move 1000 miles away from family, but when we did move, we made sure we were close to Disney. In 1999, Grumpy was hospitalized 4 times for asthma. Doc said move to a more temporate climate. He suggested Puerto Rico, we said Florida. He hasn't been hospitalized since for asthma or pneumonia.)
Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #85
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks for taking the time to look. Are you sure you want to cheat on CSR?

It's okay...we're only cheating for two nights before going "home."
Old 03-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #86
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Great report! Great Pics!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #87
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Lol, I could do that. I forgot to thank you for the birthday wishes! And thank you for the Saturday wishes.

Chubby Checkers is there tomorrow night. I hope I get a chance to at least check it out from a distance. The lights at the show bother Anakin. I hope I am be-bopping around when I am that age!

The friends we are meeting up with are like 2nd family to us. Grumpy can't wait to see them!
You are welcome for the good wishes! I forgot to comment on over half the TR since I joined in late Did all of Anakin's sand flea bites heal??? Those things HURT!

Chubby Checker??? I LOVE him, I love the twist...Lisa used to sing that all of the time and dance to it when she got stronger. Rachel would dance to it when she was little as well, good memories. Hope Anakin does okay so you can see from afar!

That is great to have such good friends to enjoy and a better climate to breathe in! They told my Mom the same thing about me growing up, though we never moved!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #88
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It's okay...we're only cheating for two nights before going "home."
I think you will enjoy AKL. We use to go there all the time for squash soup, but the Mara has gotten much busier since the DVC expanded. It's been a long time since we've been there. Anakin likes the rocking chairs in front of the fire, both inside the building and outside. I think he tries out every single one, unless someone is sitting in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post
Great report! Great Pics!
Miss you on the DIS, and FB. I never see you online anymore. JJ asked about the boy the other day. Wants to know when we will see him again. I told him not this next trip but the next.

Quote:
You are welcome for the good wishes! I forgot to comment on over half the TR since I joined in late Did all of Anakin's sand flea bites heal??? Those things HURT!

Chubby Checker??? I LOVE him, I love the twist...Lisa used to sing that all of the time and dance to it when she got stronger. Rachel would dance to it when she was little as well, good memories. Hope Anakin does okay so you can see from afar!

That is great to have such good friends to enjoy and a better climate to breathe in! They told my Mom the same thing about me growing up, though we never moved!
He still has marks where the bites are. He keeps picking at them, yuck! I remember twisting with my mom, and my kids twisting with me. I miss the good PA dutch cooking up north, and meat was better up there. I think it must be what the animals are fed??
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #89
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Epcot today

He did not like the way Donald was touching his shoulder. He told him not to touch so hard. Made a big difference in the picture.

This was the first time we ever used the GAC to see the characters. I wasn't sure how it would work. It actually went very well!! I showed the GAC to the cm at the entrance. He brought us in an alternate entrance and told us to wait there while he told another cm we were there. The waiting area was nice. We were by ourselves. As we stood there, Anakin noticed that Mickey's backround has Test Track in the backdrop. The other cm was very attentive to both us and the people in line. He left quite a few people in line go. In between, he talked to Anakin and said he would be soon. Once a big group was through, he left us go.

Mickey and Minnie went great. There weren't many people around them. But as we got to Donald, it was congested with people. Anakin easily became overstimulated waiting for Donald. When it was his turn, he posed for the pic with Donald, but Donald put too much pressure to suit him on his shoulder. He asked Donald not to touch so hard. It did not appear he was touching hard at all. I think Anakin was oversensitive to his touch. But once Donald touched lighter, it made a big difference in the pic.

The rest of our party went to see Captain EO while we were at Character Connection. After we were done with the characters we headed over there. Anakin had a great time with the water fountains there.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #90
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

LOVE the pic of him waiting to catch the water!! And Such blue skies! Been grey here for months it seems.

We will have to get together in June for sure!! We are at the Beach Club (over on the Villa side of course) Oh wait... you will be gone on your trip.... shoot

I poke around on the DIS but it seems everyone's questions get answered better and faster than I can get to them or answer them, so I mostly lurk...

And..... I am always on facebook... even when I am not on it I have the chat linked via AIM, so it shows I am online even when I am not....

But as always... if you need me, text me
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: