Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #3031
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Lunch came when we were done exploring.

Dh ordered a Grilled Steak Sandwich with Garlic Butter Spread and Pommes Frites. He said that the meat was nicely cooked, very tender, melted in his mouth and trimmed of fat. However, he said that he kept feeling like something was missing. Onions, pepper, or more spice would have been good. He said there was some kind of leaf lettuce in it.

I ordered French Onion Soup and a Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake. I knew we had dinner reservations for 4:55pm at BOG, so I didn't want to eat too much. The onion soup had a crouton and melted cheese. The description of the cupcake was vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling and cream cheese frosting. Those pink balls on top were crunchy like the crunch you get from a Nestle's Crunch Bar, and very tart like a sweet tart on strawberry overdrive.

Anakin got a Kid's Turkey Sandwich. Typically this comes on multigrain bread, but he chokes from the grainy fibers, so I asked if it could either come without bread or on white. It came on what tasted like a tapioca bread. There was turkey and tomatoes on the sandwich. His sides were french fries and peach applesauce. The peach applesauce tasted primarily of peach. Apple could not be detected except in consistency.

He does not like tomatoes and would not eat the bread that had tomato imprints. So I got myself a half of tomato sandwich, lol.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #3032
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Those pics are FANTASTIC! I am so happy you shared and that you let me know you posted. THIS will be Lisa's most favorite place in the world, I can't WAIT for her to see it! Thank you for sharing!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #3033
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks for thinking of me and asking. I'm in a bit of a funk, don't want to go into details. Thank God we live close to Disney as yesterday was a wonderful day to escape reality. We had the opportunity to eat both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest! Pictures are up on my facebook page.

I am sorry to hear you have been in a funk. I am in one myself and honestly I don't see a quick climb out for me.

You'll have to go again to get those pictures! ;D

I love the decorations. The ceiling is beautiful.

Yeah. the Beast room is rather dark. I don't think it would be very much fun to eat at.

The onion soup looks so good! Oh my! I would love a bowl of it right now!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #3034
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Those pics are FANTASTIC! I am so happy you shared and that you let me know you posted. THIS will be Lisa's most favorite place in the world, I can't WAIT for her to see it! Thank you for sharing!!!
We all thought of Lisa yesterday, both at Enchanted Tales with Belle where dh was a soldier and JJ was the Beast again and at BOG. She will just love eating there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am sorry to hear you have been in a funk. I am in one myself and honestly I don't see a quick climb out for me.

You'll have to go again to get those pictures! ;D

I love the decorations. The ceiling is beautiful.

Yeah. the Beast room is rather dark. I don't think it would be very much fun to eat at.

The onion soup looks so good! Oh my! I would love a bowl of it right now!
It will have to be lunch time, as dinner resies are booked solid 6 months in advance. Our next reservation is around our birthdays in March!

I could sure eat the onion soup now too!!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #3035
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
We all thought of Lisa yesterday, both at Enchanted Tales with Belle where dh was a soldier and JJ was the Beast again and at BOG. She will just love eating there.

It will have to be lunch time, as dinner resies are booked solid 6 months in advance. Our next reservation is around our birthdays in March!

I could sure eat the onion soup now too!!

Six months? Wow! I get it, but wow!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #3036
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Six months? Wow! I get it, but wow!
Yes, it hasn't even opened and it's already extremely sought after.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #3037
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lunch looks yummy.

I'm sorry about your funk. Despite the fact we have a trip coming up, I've been in one too (I blame it on the cold weather and it being dark so early).
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #3038
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Yes, it hasn't even opened and it's already extremely sought after.
It makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lunch looks yummy.

I'm sorry about your funk. Despite the fact we have a trip coming up, I've been in one too (I blame it on the cold weather and it being dark so early).
I think that could definitely be part of it.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #3039
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Enjoyed the pictures of BOG! Great concept with the rose! It's very beautiful inside.

Hope you have a better day today. If its sunny- take some "me" time and sit outside. Always makes me feel better!

It's freezing in Cleveland and I actually haven't been outside in 2 days.....going stir crazy at the conference. Sun is coming out today so heading out when we get done with classes to explore.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #3040
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the pics. It looks amazing!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #3041
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Kathy and Michele, sorry you both are in a funk too. Mine is definately not due to weather. It has been fabulous weather here! Mine is due to bad things happening to friends and loved ones. For some reason I am internalizing their pain and hardship, instead of keeping it at a distance as I did when I use to work with hospice and cancer patients. But enough of that. Don't want to bring anyone else down. I want to keep things positive here and focus on the fun instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lunch looks yummy.

We have another quick trip coming up too! Today is online check in day!! Woot woot Is yours still a surprise or is he starting to suspect things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Enjoyed the pictures of BOG! Great concept with the rose! It's very beautiful inside.

Hope you have a better day today. If its sunny- take some "me" time and sit outside. Always makes me feel better!

It's freezing in Cleveland and I actually haven't been outside in 2 days.....going stir crazy at the conference. Sun is coming out today so heading out when we get done with classes to explore.
Anakin wanted to take the rose home as a souvenir.

The restaurant really does feel like you are in a castle. The rooms are huge, ceilings are very high, etc.

That's funny, you say it's freezing and I talked to my MIL yesterday and she said it's been nice.

Are you planning any sight seeing? Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the pics. It looks amazing!
Emma, it is breathtaking.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #3042
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wonderful Review of BOG at lunch, sounds very different from a regular CS restaurant !!! It will definately be on my list to try for lunch at least next year!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #3043
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Wonderful Review of BOG at lunch, sounds very different from a regular CS restaurant !!! It will definately be on my list to try for lunch at least next year!!!
It is very different from any CS lunch.

One thing I forgot to mention was that people who could transfer from an ECV or W/C were asked to park outside. There was still quite a bit of standing. We waiting about 10 minutes inside the castle before we got to the kiosk to order. The dining rooms are very spread out, so there is some walking involved too. We ended up taking the w/c inside then parking it outside once Anakin was seated. That kept him with us, rather than us having to chase him all over the "castle".
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #3044
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Even though I am recovering from a stomach bug, that steak sandwich looked wonderful. I didn't have BOG on our plan for lunch (already have an April ADR for dinner) but might have to consider it now.

We did have five nice days here in PA, the best being Sunday and Monday. Dh missed out on the best golfing days of Nov. due to this bug.

Now it is cold again. Had ice on our deck yesterday. Oh, and a bear visit Sunday night, took down my feeder that I had just filled Sunday afternoon. And broke my feeder pole. I thought they weren't hungry any more at this time of year as they slowed down to go into hibernation. I have to assume now that I've got a bear hibernating somewhere close to me!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #3045
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Dinner at BOG 11/12/12

Be Our Guest Dinner

4:55 was our dinner time. We returned to the check-in about twenty minutes early since there was a large line there. While I was checking in, their computer system crashed. The cm apologized for the delay. There were two cm at two different computers making reservations and checking people in. Both of their computers crashed. It didn't take long for the computers to begin working. Once they worked, check in was a breeze.

We asked if we could be seated in the either the Gallery or the Ballroom. The cm said that the Gallery was closed for dinner, but she put in a request for the Ballroom. Anakin was scared to death of the West Wing, it was too dark.

We were handed a pager and asked to wait on the bridge. Our pager went off almost as soon as we found a spot on the bridge!

We walked up to where they were bringing guests into the castle. There were cm looking for their guests, but they were not looking for us. We were assured that our cast member would be out shortly to seat us.

They asked people in w/c and ECV if they could transfer. If so, they were asked to park outside.

The aisles are narrow. Food is delivered in a glass enclosed cart. There isn't room for both a w/c or ECV and their cart in most of the aisles.

Our server was Chris. He was excellent!! He saw dh struggling to see the menu and offered a flashlight to him immediately. He informed us he has 3 flashlights and they are especially needed when he serves in the West Wing. Dh's problem was putting off getting progressive lenses, not that the Ballroom was too dark. He needed to take off his glasses to see, lol!

He asked what we'd like to drink. While he was getting our drink order, I asked if it was ok to get our food order. We explained that we didn't know how long Anakin would be willing to sit for dinner. He understood completely and was great communicating to Anakin!

Shortly after we ordered he brought out rolls and butter, four rolls and one pat of butter. The rolls tasted and looked just like the rolls at the Coral Reef...YUM!!

I ordered Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops with Seasonal Vegetables served in a Puff Pastry with a Creamy Lobster Sauce. It was $22.99.

My meal was excellent. The shrimp and scallops were cooked to perfection. The lobster sauce was delicious.

Dh ordered Layered Ratatouille, oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, and caramelized onions sliced and layered on quinoa served with a bell pepper sauce. $15.99.

I tasted a bite of Dh's. It was good, but mine was much better IMHO.

Anakin ordered the kid's Grilled Chicken with double portion of fries since he doesn't like macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella or seasonal vegetables.

He complained that the fries were too salty. Next time we eat there, we will ask for unsalted fries. His chicken was nicely cooked. There was some kind of spice on the top, because he complained that the outside burned his lips and tongue. He said it wasn't temperature. We were able to cut off the top and he ate the rest and enjoyed it.

Dessert is presented via dessert cart instead of menu.

I got a Lemon Meringue Cupcake. IMHO this cupcake tasted better than the strawberry cupcake. I'm usually a huge fan of strawberry, but this lemon cupcake takes the prize.

Dh got a Strawberry Cupcake since he loved it so much at lunch time.

and Anakin got a Triple Chocolate Cupcake (do you see his Masher Yoda potatoe head in the backround?)

I forgot to mention about the cupcake paper. It isn't paper. But rather something very sturdy and nearly impossible to tear. At lunch time our cupcake went flying out of my hand when I attemped to take off the paper. So when our server got our cupcakes out of the case I asked him if there is a secret to getting the cupcake out of the paper? He said the cupcakes are intended to be eaten while in the cupcake wrapper. He gave us all forks.

After dinner, we were invited to a computer to take a survey and rate our dining experience.

Our next reservation is for March near our birthdays. I look forward to dining again!

Last edited by lovethattink; 11-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: