Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #3016
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Took Anakin to the orthodonist this morning. He needs two teeth extracted, possibly one filled. He goes to the dentist Friday for a cleaning and consultation.
Sorry to hear that Anakin needs some dental work. That's no fun. How does he do at the dentist/orthodontist? I'm getting my last wisdom tooth pulled next Friday and an implant put in (it's a long story )

Skipped through all the updates still, trying to remain spoiler-free for the trip in March. We are eating at Be Our Guest, I am very excited to see/experience it. My sister is a big Beauty and the Beast fan.

Anakin sounds like the best candy-giver-outer ever! Love his remarks to the trick-or-treaters!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #3017
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I bet you are! Huge steps!

I wish that they would call, or schedule an appointment anything. We were afraid they were changing medical insurances at his job and we were worried he would start a treatment plan and have to start all over again. Thankfully his company is giving us another year of the same insurance.
Hopefully this week. Maybe you can call? That's great that insurance is staying the same for another year.

I know when ours changed there was some clause in there for continuity of care and certain conditions being treated were covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Gosh - I don't even know where to begin with all these updates Tink!

ToTing at SW looked like it was a lot of fun.

And the remainder of MNSSHP looked amazing too... Glad you were able to get Ani out of there before any meltdowns took place.

Loved the que of ETwB... and Ani as Beast - precious! I bet he reinacted it perfectly, since he seems to have an amazing memory for details like that. I also love how the picture turns into a doorway - how cool!

The dining areas look amazing - I can't wait to see them all for myself.

And I love how sweet Ani was about handing out Halloween candy - just goes to prove, he is taking in every single thing you do - even if it isn't realized at the time.

Thanks for letting me k now about all the updates.

D~
Thanks for checking them out! We have really enjoyed the last few weeks in Central Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the update and aw about Anakin with the trick or treaters. Sounds fantastic
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Sorry to hear that Anakin needs some dental work. That's no fun. How does he do at the dentist/orthodontist? I'm getting my last wisdom tooth pulled next Friday and an implant put in (it's a long story )

Skipped through all the updates still, trying to remain spoiler-free for the trip in March. We are eating at Be Our Guest, I am very excited to see/experience it. My sister is a big Beauty and the Beast fan.

Anakin sounds like the best candy-giver-outer ever! Love his remarks to the trick-or-treaters!
He worries before he goes. We don't tell him about the appointment until the morning of it. He would think and worry about it all night if he knew ahead of time.

I hope your dental work goes well and pain free.

You and your sister will love the New Fantasyland! You have alot of willpower to keep skipping.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #3018
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

What scared me was the fact that we were going from an HMO to a PPO. If it is cancer I would rather have the HMO.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #3019
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
I am amazed at how much Anakin has learned from interacting and watching people interact at Disney. He has come such a far way in the last 2 years!!

On Wednesday he wanted to hand out candy to trick or treaters. Two years ago or so he would have run from the costumes. This time he was like a carnival barker standing on our walkway and hollering, "get you candy, over here, I've got candy."

When people would come to him, he would interact with each person before handing them the candy. He would compliment each person on their costume. But there were a couple interactions that just touched my heart.

There was a little girl dressed as Tinker Bell. He greeted her, "Hello Tinker Bell. I'm quite a fan of your work. I have all your movies." Her dad was dressed as Peter Pan. "Would you like some candy too, Peter?" Oh my gosh. What a sweetie pie. I can't wait to meet him.

There there was very little girl dressed as a kitty. He greeted her, "oooh, you are soooo cute. I love your costume. Here, let me get down to your level." He got on his knees to talk to her. Placed the bowl of cany in front of her, "would you like some candy. Here take some." He crouched even lower sitting on his feet, "oh look, now you are bigger than me!" The little smiled and was so happy. It was just the cutest interaction.

Wonder where he learned how to interact like that? To compliment about the costume? Make conversation? I guess he noticed the smallest of details about his interactions with the characters. He did exactly as he saw them do with guests and with him!

Boy has he come a long way!!

He is an amazing kid. I love how you guys are always dressed up in Star Wars gear too. Sidney will do the same thing in a heartbeat. It makes the kids so happy when parents do this kind of thing for them.

Love the pictures you just added. The place looks like a hunting lodge to me. Love it, the antler lights and decor look awesome. I'm gonna have to get one of those cool cups too.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #3020
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What scared me was the fact that we were going from an HMO to a PPO. If it is cancer I would rather have the HMO.
I think we've talked since this. I'm glad things worked out with insurance and you'll keep the same insurance through this year.

We switched from a HMO to a PPO and it was definately more out of pocket, but we were given more choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
He is an amazing kid. I love how you guys are always dressed up in Star Wars gear too. Sidney will do the same thing in a heartbeat. It makes the kids so happy when parents do this kind of thing for them.

Love the pictures you just added. The place looks like a hunting lodge to me. Love it, the antler lights and decor look awesome. I'm gonna have to get one of those cool cups too.
Thanks! We enjoy doing things as a family.

That first time, we ended up getting an empty Belle goblet and a filled Gaston/Beast mug.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #3021
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
I am amazed at how much Anakin has learned from interacting and watching people interact at Disney. He has come such a far way in the last 2 years!!

On Wednesday he wanted to hand out candy to trick or treaters. Two years ago or so he would have run from the costumes. This time he was like a carnival barker standing on our walkway and hollering, "get you candy, over here, I've got candy."

When people would come to him, he would interact with each person before handing them the candy. He would compliment each person on their costume. But there were a couple interactions that just touched my heart.

There was a little girl dressed as Tinker Bell. He greeted her, "Hello Tinker Bell. I'm quite a fan of your work. I have all your movies." Her dad was dressed as Peter Pan. "Would you like some candy too, Peter?"

There there was very little girl dressed as a kitty. He greeted her, "oooh, you are soooo cute. I love your costume. Here, let me get down to your level." He got on his knees to talk to her. Placed the bowl of cany in front of her, "would you like some candy. Here take some." He crouched even lower sitting on his feet, "oh look, now you are bigger than me!" The little smiled and was so happy. It was just the cutest interaction.

Wonder where he learned how to interact like that? To compliment about the costume? Make conversation? I guess he noticed the smallest of details about his interactions with the characters. He did exactly as he saw them do with guests and with him!

Boy has he come a long way!!

He has a come way...what a fun night he had and made it special for all the trick or treaters...I see a CM job in his future!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #3022
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
He has a come way...what a fun night he had and made it special for all the trick or treaters...I see a CM job in his future!
Yes, that or a Walmart greeter! Though if he can have his way, we will be seeing him on stage somewhere.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #3023
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hi! Hope all is going well! Loved hearing of Anakins' interactions with the trick or treaters. I believe he does have a future as a cast member or on stage in theater. Smart kid!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #3024
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Haven't seen you around for a couple days, hope all is okay

Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #3025
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hi! Hope all is going well! Loved hearing of Anakins' interactions with the trick or treaters. I believe he does have a future as a cast member or on stage in theater. Smart kid!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Haven't seen you around for a couple days, hope all is okay
Thanks for thinking of me and asking. I'm in a bit of a funk, don't want to go into details. Thank God we live close to Disney as yesterday was a wonderful day to escape reality. We had the opportunity to eat both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest! Pictures are up on my facebook page.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #3026
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for thinking of me and asking. I'm in a bit of a funk, don't want to go into details. Thank God we live close to Disney as yesterday was a wonderful day to escape reality. We had the opportunity to eat both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest! Pictures are up on my facebook page.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been in a bit of a funk. Like you said, thankfully, you were able to visit Disney and that helped.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #3027
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Funks can be brutal. I'm sorry
Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #3028
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've been in a bit of a funk. Like you said, thankfully, you were able to visit Disney and that helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Funks can be brutal. I'm sorry
Thanks for your concern and support!

I know everyone has their own problems and Disney is our happy place. So this TR will be updated very soon with some Disney fun!!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #3029
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

This past Monday we had the opportunity to dine and evaluate the Magic Kingdom’s newest restaurant, Be Our Guest. Lunch and dinner are completely different experiences. They have different menus, way to order food, pay for food, and the list goes on. However, there was one commonality, the food was superb!

Lunch begins service at 10:30am. Disney’s dining plan is accepted, it is worth one QS credit. Disney’s Tables in Wonderland is not accepted at lunch, but it is accepted for dinner. We arrived at 10:15 and the queue to eat extended just beyond the bridge. Two families after us, the cm moved that portion of the line across the path and along the construction wall.

This is a picture of the empty bridge. The whole right side of it was filled with people waiting to eat lunch.

The gate was opened, but it was where they would close that the queue began for lunch.

Once the restaurant opened they allowed only a certain number of people into the building at a time.

As you enter through the door, the tapestries and mosaic capture one's attention.

When it was our turn we entered a hallway lined on both sides with suits of armor and displays of the menu

A cm directed people either to the right or left queues. Each queue ended at a podium. Here a cm gave each party a special rose that is equipped with GPS and instructions to find a table and place the rose in the center of the table after ordering and paying for lunch.

Ordering and paying are done at touch screens located in the room after the podium. This room is decorated with a large chair and fireplace. There is a rose pattern and the screen instructs the guest to move the rose over it. The screen asks how many are dining then a menu pops up on the screen. The prompts are user friendly. Payment is also done using the touch screen and credit card scanner.

I took pictures of the room, but didn't take any of the kiosks. I don't know how I missed them.

We were told we could choose any dining room, but to quickly make a choice and put the rose in the center of the table. Once the rose was in place we could walk around. There was a beverage station with soda and coffee. Silverware was located on a cart beside the beverage station. Food was delivered to us inside a glass covered cart, condiments were included as was the milk Anakin ordered.

Up next...the dining rooms

Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #3030
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

With the rose on the table we set out to explore the three dining rooms. We chose the Gallery Dining room. There were B&B portraits all over. In the center of the room was a dancing Belle and Beast like one you would see in a music box.

The Beverage Station

Silverware Cart

The Ballroom Dining Room

The view from the windows depicts mountains and snow.

The West Wing Dining Room

The ambiance here is dark and dangerous. As soon as Anakin entered the room, he wanted out. The rose with the falling petals that Belle found in the West Wing is the center of attention here. In the blurry picture you can see the glass covered carts that are used to deliver lunch.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: