Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

joining in. We are staying at CSR in May/ June. Can't wait!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

I followed you over here from the Unofficial CSR thread-great report so far
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Great trip report! I love reading the ones by a fellow citizen of Schmolland.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
joining in. We are staying at CSR in May/ June. Can't wait!
May/June is a wonderful time to visit! You won't have to worry about any of that cold weather we had at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite33 View Post
I followed you over here from the Unofficial CSR thread-great report so far
KatMark has done a remarkable job on that thread! It was so helpful to our trip planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Great trip report! I love reading the ones by a fellow citizen of Schmolland.
Always great to connect to someone who "gets" it!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great start, Tink. I am SO happy your requests were met at the CSR. You got some good shots at Cafe Rix...I may ask you if I can use them the next time I have to update the CSR thread if I forget to take new ones myself.
Thanks! I snapped them on our last day. The rest of the family was rushing me, or they would have been better centered. We are at some park at least once a week, so if you need a picture of something just holler, and if we are in the area, I'll capture that pic for you!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #21
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After playing at image works, we started over towards Test Track. It was almost 9pm so we knew we needed to pick up the pace to get to Test Track BEFORE the fireworks started.

The combination of loud noises and bright flashes during fireworks give Anakin focal seizures. Driving in a car at night with oncoming headlights have done the same. So has driving through wooded areas in the sun light where you get the shadow of the trees alternating with the light of the sun. Covering or closing one eye seems to help him. So does the Wilbarger brushing protocol and joint compressions after exposure to the lights or the sounds.

We made it to TT before Illuminations!! I think the majority of people must have been watching Illuminations because TT was empty! The standby line said 45 minutes, but it was walk up. As was the single rider line and the fast pass line. As soon as we reached the cm we were sent directly to door number 2.

I got a text from Grumpy. He was grumpy. He walked to Germany to get a Caramel covered rice krispie treat, and the store was so crowded he didn't want to be in the store. He said he tried to walk in there, but nobody could move it was that packed with people. Anakin said he was tired and wanted to go back to the motel. I texted back to Grumpy to see if he was ready to head back to CSR. He said he was hungry, but he'd meet us at the exit. I texted back he could make and heat up the left over fajita I had from the Pepper Market. Hurray for the microwave!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #22
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm in too! What a buys first evening!
Is Schmolland the town you are from?

When we went in March of 2007 it was in the 40s the first night there and it was so cold. But at least I wasn't in Ohio!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #23
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We stood at door number 2 for nearly twenty minutes. Anakin was entertained by children that were behind us. They were telling jokes and laughing. He didn't understand their jokes, but he enjoyed being around such happy people.

The children asked Anakin where he got his glow necklace. He said from his prize bag, fully expecting the kids to understand about his prize bag. For a month, I had been collecting glow sticks from the dollar store, small legos, and silly bands. Each day of the trip he could pick out 1 toy and 1 pack of glow sticks. I bought extra glow sticks, because we learned on past trips that we often get duds. And duds can be so disappointing! This day he picked glow necklaces and a lego boat.

The lego boat came as a freebie in February for Lego VIP members at the DTD lego store. I also was able to get a freebie lego motor cycle in Feb too. One of the freebies was for shopping on a particular day there, the other was for spending a certain dollar amount. We actually ended up getting 2 of the boats in February. Instead of giving them to him then, I put them aside for our March trip!

When we exited TT and looked for Grumpy at the exit, Anakin spotted a Grumpy jacket and began running towards it. Before Goofy and I noticed it wasn't Grumpy, Anakin did an about face, and told us that wasn't his brother, but just someone with the same coat. We found Grumpy down a little further. He said he saw lots of people with his jacket on that night.

We cut through the fp machines to get to the parked stroller. As we reached the stroller, we were inundated by a sea of people. The flood gates opened as the hoards headed to the entrance of TT. The non-existent line we had, was quickly turning into a large queue. When the coast was clear enough to cut through, we excused ourselves and began to head to the exit of Epcot.

Note to self, best time to ride TT on an EMH night is during Illuminations. The worst time, is right after Illuminations.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm in too! What a buys first evening!
Is Schmolland the town you are from?

When we went in March of 2007 it was in the 40s the first night there and it was so cold. But at least I wasn't in Ohio!
I am originally from Pennsylvania Dutch country, but we now live in Florida, roughly an hour away from the Mouse! I think this link best described Schmolland. It's from the Exhausted from Parenting/ASD Children/Welcome to Schmolland thread. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=33
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #25
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I am originally from Pennsylvania Dutch country, but we now live in Florida, roughly an hour away from the Mouse! I think this link best described Schmolland. It's from the Exhausted from Parenting/ASD Children/Welcome to Schmolland thread. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=33
Thanks! I'll check it out. I am one of the Jennifers from the facebook March group! The one with 3 last names!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #26
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I am following along as well!! I have been reading all your updates and looking at the crowd pics on Facebook too!! My fave is the sea of strollers outside CHH!! Couldn't believe how busy it all got after we left!!!! It was busy, but not holiday busy while we were there...I hope you got to do everything on your list!!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #27
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out. I am one of the Jennifers from the facebook March group! The one with 3 last names!
Thanks for letting me know! I can see how you came up with your DIS name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Hi there! I am following along as well!! I have been reading all your updates and looking at the crowd pics on Facebook too!! My fave is the sea of strollers outside CHH!! Couldn't believe how busy it all got after we left!!!! It was busy, but not holiday busy while we were there...I hope you got to do everything on your list!!
I have been following (mostly lurking) yours and Ferb's PTR! Have you posted your TR? I will be posting that sea of strollers picture when I get to day 3 of our trip. It was unbelievable. Glad we were just there to eat that day, not to ride attractions all day.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #28
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We headed back to the car with Grumpy's teeth chattering that whole way. It was pretty cold out! The rest of us were toasty with our winter coats on!

Anakin wanted to put his legos into place once he discovered that mousekeeping will not come in our room while we are sleeping. So I let him do that before getting him ready for bed.

Goofy, Grumpy, and Anakin gave me my birthday cards. And we put them up with the Star Wars stuff too. My birthday wasn't until Sunday, but it was nice to see those cards the whole time.

Goofy got me a musical Tink card that played "I can Fly"! And a box of red hots. Doug Live use to be one of my favorite shows at MGM Studios. Miss it, and loved how Doug and Patty would share red hots. Remember that show, anyone? It starts with a circle, and then draw a line, the line's the horizon, the circle the sun, and maybe some squiggles that look like a hill, the hill we drove over on the way to Bluffington. Maybe I don't have the words all right, it's been a while, sure miss that show!!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #29
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

I love how Anakin had to line up the Star Wars figures.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I love how Anakin had to line up the Star Wars figures.
Thanks! Wait 'til you see the next night's line up. I didn't realize he packed so many figures. I gave him a small rubbermaid container and told him to pack the toys he wanted. He came back with 2 more rubbermaid containers filled of legos. I told him if they fit in the suitcase he could bring all 3, otherwise, just the one. Wouldn't you know it, he managed to get all 3 to fit perfectly!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: