Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #2971
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Oh no - sorry for the dental working coming up!!!

I think winter is fast approaching us all. Can't believe all the snow they will get in the mountains and in West Virigina. How's your parents? Saw on Judy's thread they are in the path of the storm. Will be saying payers for them!!

Love Belle's house!! It's small compaired to everything else - but I love the photo of the stool and apple. Great photography! You should post some photos on the photo boards.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #2972
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in, waiting for the Storm to hit here !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #2973
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

don't know how I missed the Belle photos....LOVE the space, can't wait to see it! we loved the old Belle storytime and Megan was choosen one time to play a character!

bummer about Anakin needing some teeth pulled, hope they keep him comfortable during the process

Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #2974
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Very cool sw crafts!

Sea Worlds party looks like a lot of fun... very colorful!

I love all the pictures of Maurice's cottage! Makes me want to go back!!
Thanks, he's really enjoying that SW craft book!

It will be exciting when you come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Oh no - sorry for the dental working coming up!!!

I think winter is fast approaching us all. Can't believe all the snow they will get in the mountains and in West Virigina. How's your parents? Saw on Judy's thread they are in the path of the storm. Will be saying payers for them!!

Love Belle's house!! It's small compaired to everything else - but I love the photo of the stool and apple. Great photography! You should post some photos on the photo boards.
My parents are doing fine so far. Their electricity keep flickering. They have plenty of flashlights and batteries, water, and food. My dad is a bit confused about it all. Mom's been entertaining him with card games. When the lights started to flicker she quickly whipped up dinner so he'd get a hot meal. Last I heard they were watching Dancing with the Stars. The rain has slowed for them, but the wind is picking up.

I'm sure I missed alot in Maurice's cottage. The line was moving and I was taking pictures while walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in, waiting for the Storm to hit here !!
I hope it doesn't hit hard! Thanks for checking in! Please check in when you can for an update on how you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
don't know how I missed the Belle photos....LOVE the space, can't wait to see it! we loved the old Belle storytime and Megan was choosen one time to play a character!

bummer about Anakin needing some teeth pulled, hope they keep him comfortable during the process
This new place is unbelievable and very magical!

As for the dental work, he will need two teeth extracted. His 2nd eye tooth is growing in where the front tooth baby tooth that has no replacement is. The baby tooth eye tooth will not be lost. He will end up with 2 eye teeth side by side. He is recommending the baby tooth be pulled.

On the top teeth, he has a 2nd tooth growing over top of a baby tooth in a very odd position. He thinks is the baby tooth goes the other tooth will grow in better.

As for our car that got dented from a tree limb on Friday, the damage was $779. The car goes to the body shop tomorrow. They said it will take 3 days to repair it. Just glad it was the car and not dh as he had just been at the car.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #2975
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Enchanted Tales with Belle - Part 3 - The Beast

Once we were transported to the castle, the guests began to volunteer for roles. Anakin volunteered for everything. He was given the part of the Beast!! His growl was louder and more ferocious than most of the other growls.

Madame Wardrobe came to life. She supplied the costumes!

I know this one is blurry, but I had to post it because he was trying to work the cape, lol.

The Cast

From here we moved into the Library

Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #2976
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Head held high

The dance

Posing for Photopass Picture

"Prize" for volunteering, a bookmark!

Last edited by lovethattink; 10-30-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: added pics of bookmark and photopass
Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #2977
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

That is absolutely adorable! Anakin looks like he was really having a good time.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #2978
cgncga
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

He wanted to take Duffy to church a few weeks ago. I told him he could leave Duffy in the car, but that the children don't bring things from home.

Grumpy chimed in and said that 8 year old boys don't take teddy bears with them. Anakin stood up for himself and said that he likes Duffy and he wants to show everyone how cute he is. We were going to Epcot later that day, so I suggested that Epcot would be a more appropriate place to bring Duffy.
Grace has a very well travelled and well loved cat that goes everywhere with her, too. Doctor's appointments, medical tests and anything else that could be scary go much better when "The Kitty" is with her. For school and church, "The Kitty" does stay in the car, but on vacations she is with us. We have photos of that cat in a lot of different locations, but at least she's easier to keep track of than the invisible dogs that Grace brought along on our 3 week trip to China this summer! We had a lot of meltdowns about leaving those dogs at the hotel or one of us stepping or sitting on them as we travelled. Luckily we haven't heard much about Sam and Chrystal since we got home, but I was ready to leave those dogs in China several times.

Like Grumpy and Anakin, Megan has also been known to comment about Grace being too old to cart a stuffed animal along with her everywhere, but I don't see Grace leaving "The Kitty" at home any time soon.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #2979
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That is absolutely adorable! Anakin looks like he was really having a good time.
Thanks! He had a great time! Grumpy actually said that Anakin made the story interesting. He did not hold back. Well, maybe when Belle told him to kiss her hand...but besides that he followed whatever direction they gave him.

You're experience there, depends alot on the volunteers. The little girl who was Chip took her jumping seriously and was so adorable as she sprang into action. The soldiers did a great job at marching! Belle and the cm did a great job at engaging everyone into the show. Only one little boy was shy in participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgncga View Post
Grace has a very well travelled and well loved cat that goes everywhere with her, too. Doctor's appointments, medical tests and anything else that could be scary go much better when "The Kitty" is with her. For school and church, "The Kitty" does stay in the car, but on vacations she is with us. We have photos of that cat in a lot of different locations, but at least she's easier to keep track of than the invisible dogs that Grace brought along on our 3 week trip to China this summer! We had a lot of meltdowns about leaving those dogs at the hotel or one of us stepping or sitting on them as we travelled. Luckily we haven't heard much about Sam and Chrystal since we got home, but I was ready to leave those dogs in China several times.

Like Grumpy and Anakin, Megan has also been known to comment about Grace being too old to cart a stuffed animal along with her everywhere, but I don't see Grace leaving "The Kitty" at home any time soon.
By invisible dog, do you mean those collar and leash things, or do you mean she had imaginary dogs with her?

Maybe you can share a picture of Kitty on a vacation?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #2980
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What sweet, sweet pictures. You can see Anakin getting into it and enjoying. Good for him.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #2981
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What sweet, sweet pictures. You can see Anakin getting into it and enjoying. Good for him.
Yes, he was very into it. Grumpy got the dance on video. He is just such a ham.

-------------------------------------

Up next...Be Our Guest
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #2982
cgncga
Mouseketeer

Quote:
By invisible dog, do you mean those collar and leash things, or do you mean she had imaginary dogs with her?

Maybe you can share a picture of Kitty on a vacation?
According to Grace they were not imaginary. They were invisible. (Gracie logic at it's best.) Luckily their leashes, collars, food bowls, etc. were also invisible so nobody else realized that we had the dogs with us, and we hoped that anyone who understood what she was saying thought she was talking to "The Kitty".

I'm not sure how to post photos here, but there are a couple photos of "The Kitty" on facebook in our Chicago and Beijing photos from this summer.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #2983
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Yes!! Included with admission! Universal and IOA have great prices on AP from time to time too!

Thanks for the compliment! I took so many pictures it's hard to pick and choose which to post. So I've been posting almost all of them except the really bad ones.

It stinks that he can't ride those attractions. But he's been pretty good about it. There are so many other things that he can do at Disney.

There's a few other things he can't do that he wants to do. He'd love to ride a bike, but even on the special needs trike he had trouble figuring out how to steer and slow it down. That thing was great! Would love to get one of them for him but boy are they expensive!!

http://www.adaptivemall.com/terspecneedt.html This is the trike he rode at therapy.
I haven't seen a good deal for IOA/US for a while now. I wish they'd offer a good deal. $100 or less for a year would be nice. Sea World had some really good deals back in the spring when I checked. Not so much right now.

The trike is pretty cool. Have you looked for a used one anywhere? You know how the girls who make clothes have a thread on here? Maybe he can make soaps and sell them to raise money for the trike?

Oh my gosh. I love the Belle pictures. They are so cute. This is her meet and greet area now? Does she still do a skit like the old story time with Belle? Everything is so pretty and your little guy is having the time of his life. These pictures...they make me smile!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #2984
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I edited my post above to include these pictures of the bookmark and photopass for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgncga View Post
According to Grace they were not imaginary. They were invisible. (Gracie logic at it's best.) Luckily their leashes, collars, food bowls, etc. were also invisible so nobody else realized that we had the dogs with us, and we hoped that anyone who understood what she was saying thought she was talking to "The Kitty".

I'm not sure how to post photos here, but there are a couple photos of "The Kitty" on facebook in our Chicago and Beijing photos from this summer.
She is so cute. Did the dogs get along with Kitty?

I'll go check out your pics.

How was the cruise? Sorry it didn't work out for Wednesday. We were back home before you arrived at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I haven't seen a good deal for IOA/US for a while now. I wish they'd offer a good deal. $100 or less for a year would be nice. Sea World had some really good deals back in the spring when I checked. Not so much right now.

The trike is pretty cool. Have you looked for a used one anywhere? You know how the girls who make clothes have a thread on here? Maybe he can make soaps and sell them to raise money for the trike?

Oh my gosh. I love the Belle pictures. They are so cute. This is her meet and greet area now? Does she still do a skit like the old story time with Belle? Everything is so pretty and your little guy is having the time of his life. These pictures...they make me smile!
If I see a deal, I'll let you know.

I have not looked for a used one. But that is an idea. There is a website we can join to raise money for a bike for him.

Yes, this is her M&G area. The house was part of the queue! The skit is still done. Anakin was the Beast. The wardrobe and Lumiere are simply amazing!!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #2985
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Anakin as the The Beast -- Now that is just awesome. Not every young fellow gets to dance with Belle! Thanks for sharing those pics.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: