Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #2941
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Yes, actually Loren does. He loves going with me to the craft store or the hardware store. He is constantly building something or trying to.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #2942
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Sea World's Halloween Spooktacular!

We love Sea World's Halloween Spooktacular! Pumpkins and fish! What a fun combination! Even better is that this event is included with your Sea World Admission!

It's mostly geared to small children, but everyone can enjoy it. There is Trick or Treating, a Sesame Street Countdown to Halloween show, crafts, animal interactions, photo ops, and dance party.

For an fee there is face painting, cookie decorating, rice krispie treat decorating, and sand art, and carnival games.

This year the dates were Oct 6-7, 13-14, 19-21, and 26-28.

First thing, we picked up our trick or treat bags and a map

Next up look for blue jellyfish umbrellas and Trick or Treat! Mostly everyone hands you candy with a smile. They're suppose to give you one piece of candy, but sometimes we got bonus! Today being the 2nd last day, we mostly got 1 piece. Our bag looked empty. However when we went the two other times, we left with FULL bags!!

Candy this year included: Toxic Waste, Smarties, Sugar Babies, Tootsie Rolls, Bazooka Bubble Gum, Air Heads, Twizzlers, Junior Mints, Extreme Sour Belts, raisins, Salt Water Taffy, Gummy Bears, Chocolate Rocks, and M&Ms.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #2943
kaoden39
Hugs

I love their pumpkins! They are so darn cute! Too bad on the stinginess on the candy!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #2944
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I saw the hand sanitation station and thought that was a nice idea. Hershey Park has them located throughout the park, and it's great! But this actually had a specific purpose. There was an animal M&G area!

This snake proved too intimidating for Anakin. We watched from a distance. I attempted to get a picture between people. This snake was big and very wide.

This little guy is quite famous. He had been on television and is quite the show stealer!

Plenty of photo ops and character M&G

Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #2945
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
LOVE THIS TRIP REPORT!!!!

Ooh love those crafts! Especially the soap.

My youngest is in love with Duffy too. He was in that pumpkin outfit when we met him last year at F & G. I hope he will be dressed up for Christmas next time we go.

I think the meet n greets with Cinderella was the cutest thing. The way they posed for the force....way too cool. Did you get video too?

I found the candy pic from last year. DS7 was waiting for the older ones to come out of Space Mountain. They had a walk through for candy over there. He kept going through it over and over. He was the only kid over there so each time he'd say T or T and get a hand full. They kept laughing too, thought it was the funniest thing. He filled up three entire bags while waiting on them. This was the stash. The kids made a Mickey out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yes, actually Loren does. He loves going with me to the craft store or the hardware store. He is constantly building something or trying to.
Thanks! Wow!! Love the Mickey shaped candy pile. I showed it to Anakin and he said that either they got handfulls of candy or they have alot of people in their family. That was a very creative idea!

I don't remember him being dressed in Christmas attire, but my son has a Christmas outfit for his Duffy. It's really cute and would be great to see on the big Duffy.

We did not get video of the Cinderella force. I didn't even think of it!

Those candy trails are awesome and there was very little traffic through it when we were there. Too funny that he filled up so much while they rode Space Mountain. Doesn't he like coasters? My oldest loves coasters, the faster the better. Anakin not so much. He does love the Barnstormer. But we had to stop him going on them because he had seizures afterwards, same with Star Tours and Toy Story Mania. Big bummer since he really enjoyed them!!

Quote:
I love their pumpkins! They are so darn cute! Too bad on the stinginess on the candy!
Yes, very cute! Whether 1 piece of candy or a whole handful, we are appreciative of any. It's a free event. We love having somewhere to go that doesn't charge and arm and a leg to trick or treat in safety.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #2946
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Jo Ann Fabric sponsored the free craft!

There was a video screen that distorted your appearance to the beat of music. He loved this. It was nearly impossible to get him away from it.

Mickey Pumpkin

Spread through out the Spooktacular were places to grab a quick bite.

Today Anakin dressed in his Boba Fett costume with the Jengo Fett jet pack. Only a few people caught it, and he said he was borrowing his dad's. Took me a while to "get" it. LOL!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #2947
KatMark
DIS Veteran

The party at Sea World looks like a lot of fun.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #2949
kaoden39
Hugs

I don't know why but I assumed that you paid for it like Disney. Its nice to see something free.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #2950
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know why but I assumed that you paid for it like Disney. Its nice to see something free.
It's included with admission to the park. We have annual passes, so it's all taken care of! The great thing about our passes is that the prices never went up since we first purchased them in the early 2000's!!! We pay $14/month for me, dh and ds(18) combined and Anakin's pass alone is $14/month. That includes BOTH Sea World and Busch Gardens. Next April he'll be 9 and his will go up in price.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #2951
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
It's included with admission to the park. We have annual passes, so it's all taken care of! The great thing about our passes is that the prices never went up since we first purchased them in the early 2000's!!! We pay $14/month for me, dh and ds(18) combined and Anakin's pass alone is $14/month. That includes BOTH Sea World and Busch Gardens. Next April he'll be 9 and his will go up in price.

That's a good price! I think its great they raised the prices on them.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #2952
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Woah, the Sea World Halloween party looks like a lot of fun, especially since it is included in the price of admission. I like how it's kind of low-key fun, it seemed very relaxing. I think the costumes some of their cast members/employees wore were very neat too, some of them are very intricate.

I think my favorite pictures are of the otter, I otters. They are the cutest. Looks like Anakin had a good time, he was hammin' it up in some of those pictures.

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #2953
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a good price! I think its great they raised the prices on them.
His will go up when he is 10, not 9. So we still have even more than I was thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Woah, the Sea World Halloween party looks like a lot of fun, especially since it is included in the price of admission. I like how it's kind of low-key fun, it seemed very relaxing. I think the costumes some of their cast members/employees wore were very neat too, some of them are very intricate.

I think my favorite pictures are of the otter, I otters. They are the cutest. Looks like Anakin had a good time, he was hammin' it up in some of those pictures.
The costumes look great! It is very nice and low key, though yesterday was very crowded!

The otter was snuggling and snuggling with his trainer. He was ready for sleep. Those were taken just moments before they took him away so he could sleep.

Up Next...more New Fantasyland pictures
Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #2954
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Sea world looks wonderful! The fish pumpkins are just the cutest ever. And I agree, love the otter.....they just have a way of making you smile. As far as the snake - I feel like Anakin does.

Yes I have a very small etsy store with some vintage Disney pieces but mainly things I have "reworked". It's under Reworked Treasures. Since we are getting lots of rain from Sandy, I'm in getting things made. Lots to add this week.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #2955
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Sea world looks wonderful! The fish pumpkins are just the cutest ever. And I agree, love the otter.....they just have a way of making you smile. As far as the snake - I feel like Anakin does.

Yes I have a very small etsy store with some vintage Disney pieces but mainly things I have "reworked". It's under Reworked Treasures. Since we are getting lots of rain from Sandy, I'm in getting things made. Lots to add this week.
I hope that Sandy treats you well. We go to the auto body shop to see how much damage her winds did to our new car.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: