Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #2746
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

love your parade and wishes pics
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #2747
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the pictures of the parade; I'm so sorry we missed it yet again.
Thanks! I'm sorry you missed it too!

Since 2010 we purposely missed it because it triggered seizures. But his triggers changed last year. He isn't as photosensitive as he was and now gluten was added as a trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What awesome pics! MSEP! I missed... I hate that I missed it! The EWP is so cool. Surprisingly... I caught part of that one night.
Sorry you missed it too. You did get to see Boo to You, right?!

Glad you got to see EWP. We just caught the tail end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
love your parade and wishes pics
Thanks!! I can't wait to see your Paris pics. I would assume they have night time parades and fireworks there too?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #2748
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Great pictures of MSEP and Wishes. It was a very cute story to hear how Anakin and Max bonded.

I love otters too---did a project on the otter exhibit at the state zoo for an honors seminar, it was a lot of fun.

I'm glad Anakin's triggers have changed so you can see some things you couldn't before, but sorry to hear he has new triggers. I've tried to give up gluten before for health reasons and it is HARD.

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 10-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #2749
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks!! I can't wait to see your Paris pics. I would assume they have night time parades and fireworks there too?
They don't actually have a night-time parade it ended in September but they have a show at night time.. I'll wait til the trip report to tell ye bout it
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #2750
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Great pictures of MSEP and Wishes. It was a very cute story to hear how Anakin and Max bonded.

I love otters too---did a project on the otter exhibit at the state zoo for an honors seminar, it was a lot of fun.

I'm glad Anakin's triggers have changed so you can see some things you couldn't before, but sorry to hear he has new triggers. I've tried to give up gluten before for health reasons and it is HARD.
Thanks!

Sounds like a great project!

It is difficult to give up. It's in so many foods. And the rice substitutes aren't as tasty in many cases. He hates the tapioca bread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
They don't actually have a night-time parade it ended in September but they have a show at night time.. I'll wait til the trip report to tell ye bout it
Keeping me in suspense, huh? Are you taking lessons from Tammie?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #2751
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I missed the sign ups for the Passholder preview of the New Fantasyland. But that's ok, because we were there this afternoon!! We got to ride the mermaid attraction and got a drink at Gaston's Tavern. Pictures to come soon, downloading them now.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #2752
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
I missed the sign ups for the Passholder preview of the New Fantasyland. But that's ok, because we were there this afternoon!! We got to ride the mermaid attraction and got a drink at Gaston's Tavern. Pictures to come soon, downloading them now.

Did you like the Ariel ride? I wonder if it is the same ride as the one at DCA?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #2753
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yes! It was done very well. The clam shells are larger than Nemo's, so the 3 of us sat comfortably in the shell.

I've never seen pictures of the one at DCA, but I bet it's the same or very similar.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #2754
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Yes! It was done very well. The clam shells are larger than Nemo's, so the 3 of us sat comfortably in the shell.

I've never seen pictures of the one at DCA, but I bet it's the same or very similar.

Well, so far it sounds the same to me. I love the clam shells.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #2755
petals

Quote:
Keeping me in suspense, huh? Are you taking lessons from Tammie?
Suspense is good. It keeps people checking in on the trip reports because they want to know more lol
Old 10-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #2757
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Great pictures of the parade.....cant wait to hear about Anakin meeting doopey! Always enjoyed the eclectic parade. Yay for afternoon in new fantasyland!!!! Love seeing all the new rides and dining sites. What's your favorite thing so far?

How's Anakin?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #2758
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Great pictures of the parade.....cant wait to hear about Anakin meeting doopey! Always enjoyed the eclectic parade. Yay for afternoon in new fantasyland!!!! Love seeing all the new rides and dining sites. What's your favorite thing so far?

How's Anakin?
Thanks! I'm excited to share his experience meeting Dopey. There was an unplanned DISmeet there too!!

So far my favorite thing is the architecture and landscaping. I thought AoA was done up well, but this blows is out of the water! The attention to detail is unsurpassed. My 2nd favorite thing is the new costuming. I got pictures of at least 3 different costumes. The cm were great when I asked to take pics of their costumes.

Anakin is doing ok. He has developed a new thing. He is clicking his mouth at the end of almost every sentence. I'm not sure if it's a new habit, or related to the increase in his meds. He is also sleeping alot more since the increase in meds. The neuro said it's ok to sleep 12 to 14 hours as long as when he wakes up he is not drowsy. He is very alert when he is awake. His last seizure was almost a week ago. It will be a week on Thursday. The OCD is much better with the increase in med though. It's so hard to find that perfect balance.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #2759
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
This is what I read in an all ears blog yesterday:
"Those who have been to Disney California Adventure quickly will realize that the Florida version is almost identical to The Little Mermaid -- Ariel's Undersea Adventure on the inside. But the queue here has been greatly enhanced and is much more interactive."

Not sure I can link to it here, but you can easily find it and read the whole blog by Kristin Ford posted yesterday.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #2760
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

So cool! Love the fireworks/parade pictures.
I've seen bits of parades - I think aside from a high school trip - I've only seen the Jammin Jungle Parade (we were trying to leave the park, it wasn't planned, but we got a great spot on the corner! ) and the ... hmm. I'm not sure what parade it was. The 3 o clock one, perhaps? We almost missed our CRT reservation, because we couldn't get across the parade to the castle.. I was not a happy princess.
Never seen ANY fireworks. That's going to change this year, hopefully.

The Merida pictures were so cute, too! Sucks that the CM's disagreed on who/when to let in... but. Worse could have happened! At least you got in that round!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: