Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #2731
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
When I went over the limit on the pictures it prompted me to upgrade to pro. Not sure how to do it otherwise.

Less than a year for you!

Thanks, Sea World was fun. The weather was perfect! In the shade, it was nice and comfortable, almost cool. Can you believe I woke up today to 66 degrees?!

It was a perfect day all around! Would you believe they already have some of their Christmas trees set up?! And while trick or treating one of the workers handing out treats told Anakin that Santa comes in 8 weeks, he better be good.

Wow! They are in a hurry for Christmas aren't they? Did you have fun?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #2732
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Michele, they do it up big for Christmas. We haven't gone in years, maybe this year. They have an ice skating show, turn their polar bear exhibit into the Polar Express, and set up Christmas displays. I guess they start in October to prepare.

We had fun. We did trick or treating, met up with friends, ate a very late lunch, and did Turtle Trek (new attraction).

Sea World's Trick or Treat is included in your admission. People were complaining that it's not as good as Disney's. But what can you expect. There's no additional cost for it. The entertainers were lots of fun and silly. There were live animals from time to time too. Anakin was afraid of the huge snake, but he looked at the fresh water otter, spoonbill, and hawk. The otter is quite the star. He is one of their education animals and he has been on tv such as the Jay Leno show. He was so cute and just ate up the attention he was getting. I got pictures of this darling creature!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #2733
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

MSEP and Wishes

...Continued from Don't leave home without and ADR...link

As I said earlier, Anakin and Max were playing together before the parade started while Max's mom and I were talking about Max. He will be going to children's hospital in Pittsburgh after the holidays for surgery on his heart. She was surprised that he was sharing his stuffed animal with Anakin. She said he isn't very good at sharing. Neither is Anakin. But the way they were playing together you would never guess. Anakin was also busy teaching him things and Max was eating it up. He really looked up to Anakin.

Almost every character either stopped and greeted Max and Anakin or waved to them. If I would have known what I was doing with my camera I could have gotten some of the best parade pics ever. But since I was new to night time photos, most of my pictures were a bust. Here are the ones that got decent.

After the parade we took the ferry back to the TTC and watched Wishes from the Ferry Dock area.

Tink

Goofy (learned I need to use flash when the characters were close)

Continued...

Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #2734
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

MSEP Continued...

When Anakin saw Dopey, he just had to meet him! This would mean getting to MNSSHP on Sunday very early to stand in line to see the 7 dwarfs. He didn't care, he thought that Dopey was just adorable and would be worth it.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #2737
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

your MSEP & Wishes photos turned out great Tink! its hard to get the night time photos!
happy Anankin made a new little friend!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #2738
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
your MSEP & Wishes photos turned out great Tink! its hard to get the night time photos!
happy Anankin made a new little friend!
Thanks!

It made the time pass by quickly while waiting for the parade.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #2739
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Michele, they do it up big for Christmas. We haven't gone in years, maybe this year. They have an ice skating show, turn their polar bear exhibit into the Polar Express, and set up Christmas displays. I guess they start in October to prepare.

We had fun. We did trick or treating, met up with friends, ate a very late lunch, and did Turtle Trek (new attraction).

Sea World's Trick or Treat is included in your admission. People were complaining that it's not as good as Disney's. But what can you expect. There's no additional cost for it. The entertainers were lots of fun and silly. There were live animals from time to time too. Anakin was afraid of the huge snake, but he looked at the fresh water otter, spoonbill, and hawk. The otter is quite the star. He is one of their education animals and he has been on tv such as the Jay Leno show. He was so cute and just ate up the attention he was getting. I got pictures of this darling creature!

Oh wow! That sounds great! This makes me wonder if Six Flags will be open this Christmas season, they never do the same thing two years in a row.

I like the idea that the trick or treat is free at Sea World, I think you pay enough to get in. I love watching river otters play. When Loren was in elementary school he had a field trip to a local wetlands reserve and we were able to watch the river otters in the wild. They are funny animals.

I love your pictures from the electric light parade. They made me think of the first time I saw it. Scotty and I were on our honeymoon.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #2740
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Very late jumping in -- found you off of Facebook.
Catching up now...
Old 10-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #2741
t_daniels

Quote:
Breakfast at Tiff...er, I mean...Captain's Grille

My mouth waters at the thought of eating breakfast at the Captain's Grille. It has been my favorite for a few years. The buffet is sooo good. My favorite item on the buffet is the eggs benedict. But guess what?! It was... Oh, I'll get to it soon.

We got to the security gate at the Yacht Club. Security asked us why we were there. He reminded us that the Yacht Club was not a character breakfast. We knew that. He looked perplexed. I guess people go there by accident trying to find the Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast. Trust me, we knew where we were going and I couldn't wait to get to the buffet. Anakin was tired. He is not a morning person. Goofy wasn't too excited either because he isn't a breakfast eater. He'd much prefer a burger to an egg.

We arrived at the podium and were given a pager.

See the new hat. He was so proud of his hat. He wanted to wear it to eat. I tried to explain to him that it's bad manners to wear a hat while your eating. I should have said while you are at the table, because he caught me right away and reminded me that he wasn't eating yet.

He was thrilled that Wreck It Ralph was on the menu

He did take his hat off when he got his food.

I went up to the buffet. Didn't add too much to my plate, because I was saving room on it for the eggs benedict and hollandaise sauce. I noticed some of the items were moved around since our last visit. But didn't see the eggs benedict. Asked the server and it was confirmed. It was removed from the buffet, and the crab cake benedict was removed from the main menu!! :

I got over it, and helped myself to a 2nd plate. The biscuit and gravy was soooo good. I found I liked the gravy on the potatoes better than the biscuit. Mickeystoontown, is that sacreligious here in the south?

Up next, buffet picture.

Not sure where in the south you're located - but gravy on hasbrowns, or potatoes of any kind is absolutely amazing. (I'm in Oklahoma.... do some people not do that? Then again, I put gravy on anything that's not a sweet breakfast thing. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, biscuits, hashbrowns...... Sigh. Listing this isn't helping that i'm trying to eat healthy. )
Old 10-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #2742
t_daniels

Quote:
Back to the TR

A Boat Ride and a Jaunt

May 1992 was the first time dh and I went to WDW together. We stayed at the Beach Club. Back then, there was the Swan/Dolphin and the Yacht/Beach Club. The Boardwalk did not exist.

There use to be a tram that ran between the resorts. Our first vision when we stepped out to the lake area was Goofy on a mini-plane thing, then we saw Mickey and I think Minnie too. I'm guessing the daytime World Showcase Lagoon show was in celebration of Epcot's 10th Anniversary? The Beach Club was a fairly new resort. They had just recently taken the fish out of the swimming pool. Could you imagine that?! That idea was one that didn't last very long, huh? And MGM Studios was new and was to double in size by the next year. At night we could watch fire works from MGM from the beach with an unobstructed view.

This day felt very much like that day in May all those years ago. So we decided to take a trip down memory lane, and enjoy all the addtions that have come about over the years.

This area of Disney is so pretty. Even the garbage cans are pretty! Love the theming and decor, the landscaping, etc.

We had such a lovely breakfast and morning. The sun was starting to get hot. We decided it was a good time to head back to Pop Century and go swimming!

This is a must do for DH and I this trip.
We tried to walk to this area from Epcot last year..... but got hopelessly lost.

Ended up at what we figured out later was the Yacht/Boat club, waiting for a bus in the pouring rain! haha
Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #2743
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh wow! That sounds great! This makes me wonder if Six Flags will be open this Christmas season, they never do the same thing two years in a row.

I like the idea that the trick or treat is free at Sea World, I think you pay enough to get in. I love watching river otters play. When Loren was in elementary school he had a field trip to a local wetlands reserve and we were able to watch the river otters in the wild. They are funny animals.

I love your pictures from the electric light parade. They made me think of the first time I saw it. Scotty and I were on our honeymoon.
That would be great is Six Flags did something special for Christmas!

We have one of those monthly payments with Sea World and the great thing about it, they never went up in price since we started in the early 2000's!! Making those parks the most affordable central FL parks for us!

They are funny animals. So cute. My neighbor was lucky enough to get pictures of some at play between her yard and mine! We haven't seen them since though.

Oh wow, what an awesome way to remember the parade! I heard rumor that Spectro is coming back here again? I'd like to see a totally new parade!! I guess it's ok if MSEP goes, we finally got to see it again, so I'm good, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Very late jumping in -- found you off of Facebook.
Catching up now...
Never too late, this is a perpetual TR. Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Not sure where in the south you're located - but gravy on hasbrowns, or potatoes of any kind is absolutely amazing. (I'm in Oklahoma.... do some people not do that? Then again, I put gravy on anything that's not a sweet breakfast thing. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, biscuits, hashbrowns...... Sigh. Listing this isn't helping that i'm trying to eat healthy. )
I'm located in central FL!! You are making me hungry too!

Quote:
This is a must do for DH and I this trip.
We tried to walk to this area from Epcot last year..... but got hopelessly lost.

Ended up at what we figured out later was the Yacht/Boat club, waiting for a bus in the pouring rain! haha
I hope you get a chance to explore the Boardwalk area. It's a nice walk around the lake or boat ride!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #2744
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the parade; I'm so sorry we missed it yet again.

RIP Genie
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #2745
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What awesome pics! MSEP! I missed... I hate that I missed it! The EWP is so cool. Surprisingly... I caught part of that one night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: