Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #2716
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am so far behind, so forgive me as I play catch up....

Your stay at Pop -

How odd to get to your room to find someone in it doing maintenance. You would think they could take care of that before guests arrive...or at least not place a guest in the room when it is underway.

The LM section just across the way is a pretty cool site. I wondered last week when we were there if it would be closer to walk to Pop than to the main building...

I love that the values now have fridges in the rooms!

I too LOVE the new mickey headed toiletries. I think it is funny though that at the value it is a combo shampoo/conditioner... while mods have a separate shampoo and conditioner.

MNSSHP -

I missed most characters that night. One that I really had wanted to see was Dr. Facillier... but since we had seen him on the race route I figured I was good. Too bad those photos seem to not have shown up on brightroom.

Exploring Little Mermaid section -

You can almost see our room from this pic. Looking at Triton... to the right, top floor..not the corner room but the next (I think - we were only there for 15 hours)

Your day meeting Tink and Periwinkle -

I am so glad Anakin was able to go easy. It is very hard to know when to push and when not. While, my dd does not have epilepsy..as you know she struggles with other medical issues...and we had our share on this trip. One minute she can be fine and all seems "normal" and the next I can be carrying her out of a line because sudden spasms cause her to be in too much pain to even move.

I am jealous you made it to CHH. I didn't And... isn't it funny how some things were served in the halloween cups? I would think water always would not... but I think we had more water cups that were the Halloween version.

Captain's Grille -

I have never really had many opportunity to have eggs benedict. We went to 1900 PF and it was simply amazing. If the kind at Captain's Grille was like that?! I can see why you would be a bit disappointed if it was taken off the menu!

Anakin's Acting Class -

Sounds like a great class. How fun for him to learn about the meaning of colors!!

Pictures of the YC/BC area -

I think this area is so pretty! I love your pictures!!!

The with purchase bag -

I know you showed me that one, but I didn't catch where it was from. OMG!!! I want that bag...even if the jewels fall off. Oh well.. there are always bags I want.

Anakin last night -

I am so sorry to hear he had a bad night.

Grand Floridian -

I am sorry you didn't get in as a walk up for lupper. It is crazy how much is shut down there for the refurb!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #2717
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Missed you! Hope things are going well at school and with your health?
Things are going very well at school, that is why I am not on here as much. Finally keeping busy!!! My health is doing much better, thank you for asking. The surgery in Atlanta has helped tremendously, I am very thankful and hope it lasts me many years.

Quote:
He got the part of Max the Grinch's dog!!
Oh that's really cool! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Quote:
That's great that Lacey and Hunter volunteer! I think the volunteer gets as much out of it as the people they are helping.
Definitely. My first volunteering love was special needs children, loved helping with Special Olympics and therapeutic horseback riding. That is what I did before I started volunteering at the children's hospital. Volunteering is a fun thing to do.

Quote:
Anakin a.k.a. JJ had cluster seizures last night and he is resting. While I keep an eye on him and let him rest, I am downloading pics and expect to crank out lots of updates.
Praying for Anakin, hope he is feeling better today.

professional DIS threads lurker
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #2718
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Praying.
He slept til 12:30 today. He said his legs felt funny when he first got up, now they feel normal. He laid on the couch for a couple hours and watched a movie. Since around 3 he is back to his normal, very active self! Appreciate the prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so far behind, so forgive me as I play catch up....

Your stay at Pop -

How odd to get to your room to find someone in it doing maintenance. You would think they could take care of that before guests arrive...or at least not place a guest in the room when it is underway.

The LM section just across the way is a pretty cool site. I wondered last week when we were there if it would be closer to walk to Pop than to the main building...

I love that the values now have fridges in the rooms!

I too LOVE the new mickey headed toiletries. I think it is funny though that at the value it is a combo shampoo/conditioner... while mods have a separate shampoo and conditioner.

MNSSHP -

I missed most characters that night. One that I really had wanted to see was Dr. Facillier... but since we had seen him on the race route I figured I was good. Too bad those photos seem to not have shown up on brightroom.

Exploring Little Mermaid section -

You can almost see our room from this pic. Looking at Triton... to the right, top floor..not the corner room but the next (I think - we were only there for 15 hours)

Your day meeting Tink and Periwinkle -

I am so glad Anakin was able to go easy. It is very hard to know when to push and when not. While, my dd does not have epilepsy..as you know she struggles with other medical issues...and we had our share on this trip. One minute she can be fine and all seems "normal" and the next I can be carrying her out of a line because sudden spasms cause her to be in too much pain to even move.

I am jealous you made it to CHH. I didn't And... isn't it funny how some things were served in the halloween cups? I would think water always would not... but I think we had more water cups that were the Halloween version.

Captain's Grille -

I have never really had many opportunity to have eggs benedict. We went to 1900 PF and it was simply amazing. If the kind at Captain's Grille was like that?! I can see why you would be a bit disappointed if it was taken off the menu!

Anakin's Acting Class -

Sounds like a great class. How fun for him to learn about the meaning of colors!!

Pictures of the YC/BC area -

I think this area is so pretty! I love your pictures!!!

The with purchase bag -

I know you showed me that one, but I didn't catch where it was from. OMG!!! I want that bag...even if the jewels fall off. Oh well.. there are always bags I want.

Anakin last night -

I am so sorry to hear he had a bad night.

Grand Floridian -

I am sorry you didn't get in as a walk up for lupper. It is crazy how much is shut down there for the refurb!
We saw THE bag at MK now too.

That's great you got to see almost all the characters! We missed so much, but had an excellent time with what we did do.

You were at a nice location! Ursula's rooms were practically next door to Pop.

1900PF is so expensive, at least double the price of Captain's Grille. I'll just have to make my own, I guess.

I can't imagine paying all that money for GF to be faced with all that construction. I know it will be beautiful once it is completed!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #2719
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Things are going very well at school, that is why I am not on here as much. Finally keeping busy!!! My health is doing much better, thank you for asking. The surgery in Atlanta has helped tremendously, I am very thankful and hope it lasts me many years.

Oh that's really cool! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Definitely. My first volunteering love was special needs children, loved helping with Special Olympics and therapeutic horseback riding. That is what I did before I started volunteering at the children's hospital. Volunteering is a fun thing to do.

Praying for Anakin, hope he is feeling better today.

Thanks! Appreciate the prayers. He is feeling back to normal now.

Glad your surgery was a success!!

That's great that you volunteer! You are touching lives!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2720
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Anakin a.k.a. JJ had cluster seizures last night and he is resting. While I keep an eye on him and let him rest, I am downloading pics and expect to crank out lots of updates.

I am so sorry to hear about JJ's night. I hope you managed to get some rest yourself.

Too bad about the meal at the Grand Floridian. It's hard when kids are hungry. I miss our People Mover.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #2721
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am reading just having hard time posting with everything going on with my mon; love the GF pictures
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #2722
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about JJ's night. I hope you managed to get some rest yourself.

Too bad about the meal at the Grand Floridian. It's hard when kids are hungry. I miss our People Mover.
Yes, we all eventually got sleep.

Oh, that's right your People Mover is gone. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am reading just having hard time posting with everything going on with my mon; love the GF pictures
Thanks for reading. You have your hands full too.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #2723
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry to hear Anakin had another seizure happy to hear he was doing better this afternoon

so great he is going to be playing Max, I think he will steal the show!!!!

okay, I never knew GF had a food court...we've only eaten at 1900PF and the tea room

Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #2724
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry to hear Anakin had another seizure happy to hear he was doing better this afternoon

so great he is going to be playing Max, I think he will steal the show!!!!

okay, I never knew GF had a food court...we've only eaten at 1900PF and the tea room
It's not really a food court. It's the Gasparilla Grille. It has limited offerings, but more than the pool grills have. Here's the menu from allears http://allears.net/menu/menu_gasper.htm
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #2725
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

He had a good night. We all got sleep! Today we are meeting friends around noon at Sea World for the Halloween Spooktacular!

Originally Anakin wanted to go to MK at opening. He wants some Mickey dust sparkles. Then head over to Sea World. Instead he is sleeping in. Trick or Treating starts at noon. Looks like a beautiful day. High of 85 and low in the 60's!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #2726
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Hugs for the last seizure...glad he had a good night! I am so loving your pictures. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade to pro...normal photobucket with all the new changes is not working...literally!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #2727
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Hey for the part of Max!

And your pictures of Fall time...well, it is making me excited!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #2728
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
It's not really a food court. It's the Gasparilla Grille. It has limited offerings, but more than the pool grills have. Here's the menu from allears http://allears.net/menu/menu_gasper.htm
ok, thanks! looks yummy!

enjoy the ToT at SeaWorld today!

Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #2729
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
He had a good night. We all got sleep! Today we are meeting friends around noon at Sea World for the Halloween Spooktacular!

Originally Anakin wanted to go to MK at opening. He wants some Mickey dust sparkles. Then head over to Sea World. Instead he is sleeping in. Trick or Treating starts at noon. Looks like a beautiful day. High of 85 and low in the 60's!

Sounds like a great way to spend the day!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #2730
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Hugs for the last seizure...glad he had a good night! I am so loving your pictures. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade to pro...normal photobucket with all the new changes is not working...literally!
When I went over the limit on the pictures it prompted me to upgrade to pro. Not sure how to do it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Hey for the part of Max!

And your pictures of Fall time...well, it is making me excited!
Less than a year for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
ok, thanks! looks yummy!

enjoy the ToT at SeaWorld today!
Thanks, Sea World was fun. The weather was perfect! In the shade, it was nice and comfortable, almost cool. Can you believe I woke up today to 66 degrees?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Sounds like a great way to spend the day!
It was a perfect day all around! Would you believe they already have some of their Christmas trees set up?! And while trick or treating one of the workers handing out treats told Anakin that Santa comes in 8 weeks, he better be good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: