Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #2671
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

cute photos of Anakin and the fairies! his hat is pretty cool!
and the breakfast buffet looks yummy! bummer they took away your favorite!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #2672
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The buffet looks delish !!Bummer about the eggs benedict!!I love them too!
The server said the chef would gladly make them for me, but that their Hollandaise sauce is lime flavored now. I thanked her and declined. I thought that was very kind of them to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
LOVE the landscape around the Mermaid section - very neat!!! The murals are great too - but too bad the on is starting to show damage. You would like it would have lasted longer.

Tink is adorable! And I love the pic of Anakin checking out Periwinkles wings and her expression when he talked to her about singing. Anakin has the greatest expressions when talking to characters.

By the way - love the hat! Perfect for boy or girl. Fits him perfect.

Oh, my the buffett looks great! Good thing I just ate lunch. Going to add that to my list of places to go when we go next year. Even with the price - there is so much food you will not spend much on food the rest of the day! And gravy is good on anything!!

Got your continuing ed done?
You would think they would have the murals encased in glass or plexiglass to protect them?

Anakin is very, very animated. He talks with his eyes, expression, and hands. He is quite a character. Very seldom is he not talking.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the buffet on your trip next year! We didn't eat til supper time and then we really weren't that hungry.

Yes, my ce is done and my license is renewed! I will not procrastinate next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
cute photos of Anakin and the fairies! his hat is pretty cool!
and the breakfast buffet looks yummy! bummer they took away your favorite!
Thanks! I saw pictures of the wave having a breakfast buffet, yet I see no mention of it on allears or the Disney menu, but I did see someone's TR that showed them getting eggs benedict there. It may have been mickeynikki's?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #2673
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Is it UCF that your oldest son goes to college? Our local college (my alum) ECU is playing them tonight. Gonna be an intense game!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #2674
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Love the picture with the fairies! Making me hungry.

The new photobucket is driving me crazy! I can't resize anything or see anything to know what I am posting.

Did you see the new ticker? Ann has me in training for the Tower of Terror Run!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #2675
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it UCF that your oldest son goes to college? Our local college (my alum) ECU is playing them tonight. Gonna be an intense game!!!
No it's not. How was the game intense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Love the picture with the fairies! Making me hungry.

The new photobucket is driving me crazy! I can't resize anything or see anything to know what I am posting.

Did you see the new ticker? Ann has me in training for the Tower of Terror Run!
I have pro. It's very easy to use. I have to pick my size when I download it, but it still saves my original size. There is a blue settings bar to the right of the download box right above it. Do you have that blue settings bar?

Oh yes!!! You do have a ticker!! Yay yay yay!! Oh you better train hard. Ann is a tough one to keep up with. She is fast!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #2676
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I need to back track a bit here. Shortly after we returned home from Star Wars Celebration, Anakin received a package in the mail! It was from mommy2mrb! He was so excited to get mail because typically he only gets mail on holidays and birthdays or when the Lego catalog comes in the mail.

He was thrilled with the Star Wars stickers and Lego Boba Fett pen!! Thank you, Lisa!! His favorite part was the shiny bronze tissue paper. He has found more uses for that paper than I would have thought. The first was he taped it to his shoulders and he became a super hero!

He loves making crafts, so we have been searching high and low for Star Wars crafts. Thanks to the convention we found lots of references!

He has made a Chewbacca bird feeder out of an orange juice box.

Carbon Freeze Me soap

He started out with using white soap, but that didn't work too well. So he went with glycerine soap that was clear.

And most recently we've started with the cook book. The first thing we made was Yoda Soda

His soap making has changed too. Instead of freezing his toys, he is now using molds to make his soap.

His acting classes have been keeping us busy. He is learning so much about the theater. Last week there was a production, so he and his class were taken back stage and got to see how they change sets and how the scenery and curtains all worked. He got to surf across the stage.

Part of the homeschool class, the kids asked to be taught about stage make up. The first class they learned how to make wounds out of latex and paint.

His last homeschool class, they studied Kubuki theater make up. They learned about the meaning of the colors and how that was different from our interpretation of colors. This was such a good class for my black and white thinker! It showed him a whole array of gray thinking as he learned that yellow meant death, purple was evil. Could you imagine a purple Darth Maul or purple Darth Vader? He thought it was funny when the teacher asked him that.

They were told a story from a Japanese play. Then they were to make and decorate a drum based on the information they learned about the colors and story. Well...he painted Star Wars characters all over his drum. The skin of the drum he decorated using what he learned from the lesson though.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #2677
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

How wonderful!! I love that Anakin is being so creative. His soap making is a fun useful activity. What perfect gifts Lisa sent! I love the smile on Anakin's face when he was in the art class. I think that the colors class was a really good thing for him.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #2678
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
How wonderful!! I love that Anakin is being so creative. His soap making is a fun useful activity. What perfect gifts Lisa sent! I love the smile on Anakin's face when he was in the art class. I think that the colors class was a really good thing for him.
Thanks! He is so excited for tomorrow's class. Monday is the homeschool class. They are developing a character. He had to come up with two possible conflicts for his character, he came up with four. And he had to decide how his character would react in any given situation. Then somehow they will all work together to write a script and block it, figure out their costumes and make up, make the scenery, put on a skit, then strike it. All before their semester ends in December.

For the special needs theater, they are presenting Grinchmas the musical. He auditioned the other day. Everyone gets a part, he can't wait to find out what he'll be doing.

They tried to convince him to try out for the summer play, but I'd like to see how this Christmas one goes first. The summer one is not special needs, but it is a children's theater.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #2679
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks! He is so excited for tomorrow's class. Monday is the homeschool class. They are developing a character. He had to come up with two possible conflicts for his character, he came up with four. And he had to decide how his character would react in any given situation. Then somehow they will all work together to write a script and block it, figure out their costumes and make up, make the scenery, put on a skit, then strike it. All before their semester ends in December.

For the special needs theater, they are presenting Grinchmas the musical. He auditioned the other day. Everyone gets a part, he can't wait to find out what he'll be doing.

They tried to convince him to try out for the summer play, but I'd like to see how this Christmas one goes first. The summer one is not special needs, but it is a children's theater.
Michelle, I think that this is wonderful! What a great experience for ANakin and for you!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #2680
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Back to the TR

A Boat Ride and a Jaunt

May 1992 was the first time dh and I went to WDW together. We stayed at the Beach Club. Back then, there was the Swan/Dolphin and the Yacht/Beach Club. The Boardwalk did not exist.

There use to be a tram that ran between the resorts. Our first vision when we stepped out to the lake area was Goofy on a mini-plane thing, then we saw Mickey and I think Minnie too. I'm guessing the daytime World Showcase Lagoon show was in celebration of Epcot's 10th Anniversary? The Beach Club was a fairly new resort. They had just recently taken the fish out of the swimming pool. Could you imagine that?! That idea was one that didn't last very long, huh? And MGM Studios was new and was to double in size by the next year. At night we could watch fire works from MGM from the beach with an unobstructed view.

This day felt very much like that day in May all those years ago. So we decided to take a trip down memory lane, and enjoy all the addtions that have come about over the years.

This area of Disney is so pretty. Even the garbage cans are pretty! Love the theming and decor, the landscaping, etc.

We had such a lovely breakfast and morning. The sun was starting to get hot. We decided it was a good time to head back to Pop Century and go swimming!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #2681
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Catching up.....UCF and ECU have gotten to be big rivals in Conference USA. Usually one or the other ends up with the East Championship. However, we played HORRIBLE!!! UCF has a really great team.

LOVE the soaps!!! Anakin is on to something there - need to sell his creations on ETSY.

I found an old mickey mouse cookbook and starting trying several of the recipes in it - so much fun and brings back the memories. Gonna try the sheperds pie from Rose and Crown now that it is getting cooler.

Enjoyed the pics - seeing Swan and Dolphin makes me miss it more!!! Can't wait till March!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #2682
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Michelle, I think that this is wonderful! What a great experience for ANakin and for you!
Thanks! I'm so glad this opportunity has come up. The special needs theater is by invite only. Had we not gone to the homeschool one, he'd never been invited.

Quote:
Catching up.....UCF and ECU have gotten to be big rivals in Conference USA. Usually one or the other ends up with the East Championship. However, we played HORRIBLE!!! UCF has a really great team.

LOVE the soaps!!! Anakin is on to something there - need to sell his creations on ETSY.

I found an old mickey mouse cookbook and starting trying several of the recipes in it - so much fun and brings back the memories. Gonna try the sheperds pie from Rose and Crown now that it is getting cooler.

Enjoyed the pics - seeing Swan and Dolphin makes me miss it more!!! Can't wait till March!!!
I think he can get discount tickets to some of the games or something he was saying. Maybe he should go. The team he helps coach played in Clearwater on Friday so he was there with them.

He was thinking about making all purple soap for November for Epilepsy awareness month and asking for donations for them. He would give all the money to either the Epilepsy Foundation or the Epilepsy Foundation of Florida.

The Epilepsy Foundation of Florida went to bat for us when our insurance wouldn't pay the ambulance bill last summer. Thanks to them and the grace of God the bill was picked up by insurance. It's a way to give back, raise awareness, and try to raise money for epilepsy research. After all, more people are affected by seizures than most people realize.

Last edited by lovethattink; 10-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #2683
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

They had fish in Stormalong Bay at one time?

I love seeing Anakin's big smile in the pics and then his more serious Superhero look. I'm sure he can be quite the actor.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #2684
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It sounds as if the acting classes are working out really well for Anakin. The pictures of him with the wound on his hand shows you just how much he is enjoying himself. You'll have to be sure and let us know what part he gets when they put out the roster for the Christmas play.

Oh how sweet that you guys were able to take a walk down Memory Lane at the Beach Club. I'd love to stay at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club one day. My heart wants to stay there but my pocket book tells me no.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #2685
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

so happy Anakin loved his little surprise & enjoy the tissue paper too, you have a creative little man there!
the soaps are so cute! how fun to cook like a Jedi!
so great he is enjoying his acting classes so much!

your photos of the resort are very pretty!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: