Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #2656
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Breakfast at Tiff...er, I mean...Captain's Grille

My mouth waters at the thought of eating breakfast at the Captain's Grille. It has been my favorite for a few years. The buffet is sooo good. My favorite item on the buffet is the eggs benedict. But guess what?! It was... Oh, I'll get to it soon.

We got to the security gate at the Yacht Club. Security asked us why we were there. He reminded us that the Yacht Club was not a character breakfast. We knew that. He looked perplexed. I guess people go there by accident trying to find the Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast. Trust me, we knew where we were going and I couldn't wait to get to the buffet. Anakin was tired. He is not a morning person. Goofy wasn't too excited either because he isn't a breakfast eater. He'd much prefer a burger to an egg.

We arrived at the podium and were given a pager.

See the new hat. He was so proud of his hat. He wanted to wear it to eat. I tried to explain to him that it's bad manners to wear a hat while your eating. I should have said while you are at the table, because he caught me right away and reminded me that he wasn't eating yet.

He was thrilled that Wreck It Ralph was on the menu

He did take his hat off when he got his food.

I went up to the buffet. Didn't add too much to my plate, because I was saving room on it for the eggs benedict and hollandaise sauce. I noticed some of the items were moved around since our last visit. But didn't see the eggs benedict. Asked the server and it was confirmed. It was removed from the buffet, and the crab cake benedict was removed from the main menu!! :

I got over it, and helped myself to a 2nd plate. The biscuit and gravy was soooo good. I found I liked the gravy on the potatoes better than the biscuit. Mickeystoontown, is that sacreligious here in the south?

Up next, buffet picture.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #2657
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #2658
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Mmm, mmm, mmm! That buffet looks mighty good! And, to answer your question...gravy is gravy and it's good no matter what you put it on!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #2659
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

That's a shame about the Lion King mural. Maybe too many people have touched it.

I don't blame Anakin. Ursala is a pretty scary character, but I love her! She is bigger than life.

I have never seen trees that big with supports. Maybe they have them to help them to make root hold.

I love the landscaping with the giant fork and everything.

Wow! Ursala truly is bigger than life! Yowza! That would scare me too!!

It sounds like the rain came at just the right time. I would love a nice mist about now.

I love Pixie Hollow at Disneyland. That is such a cute line with the theming. Of course it is outdoors at Disneyland weather is normally not as hot as it is in Florida normally.

That is a nice night time view. The shadows on the buildings at AoA are great.

I think that you and Goofy are well tuned to Anakin and when the seizures might be coming. Thankfully you had the chance to cool down. I am sure that helped.

Anakin's hat is cute. Kids are so funny. They can find a way around things.

Boo! On the eggs benedict. I am a fan of biscuits and gravy. Yummy! But, I prefer my gravy on my eggs.

The light above the buffet is so pretty. The buffet itself kind of reminds me of Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel only it is more geared towards kids it has the same basic set up.

You have been one busy lady today with your updates!! Yay!! I always love reading about your time in the parks.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #2660
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I need to stay in the Little Mermaid Section someday..

Eh why would anyone need Rainbow Sprinkles and M&M's for breakfast???
But then I see my fruit loops
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #2661
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say that the OOP price for the buffet is $16.95 for adults and $10.95 for kids. So it is pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Mmm, mmm, mmm! That buffet looks mighty good! And, to answer your question...gravy is gravy and it's good no matter what you put it on!
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That's a shame about the Lion King mural. Maybe too many people have touched it.

I don't blame Anakin. Ursala is a pretty scary character, but I love her! She is bigger than life.

I have never seen trees that big with supports. Maybe they have them to help them to make root hold.

I love the landscaping with the giant fork and everything.

Wow! Ursala truly is bigger than life! Yowza! That would scare me too!!

It sounds like the rain came at just the right time. I would love a nice mist about now.

I love Pixie Hollow at Disneyland. That is such a cute line with the theming. Of course it is outdoors at Disneyland weather is normally not as hot as it is in Florida normally.

That is a nice night time view. The shadows on the buildings at AoA are great.

I think that you and Goofy are well tuned to Anakin and when the seizures might be coming. Thankfully you had the chance to cool down. I am sure that helped.

Anakin's hat is cute. Kids are so funny. They can find a way around things.

Boo! On the eggs benedict. I am a fan of biscuits and gravy. Yummy! But, I prefer my gravy on my eggs.

The light above the buffet is so pretty. The buffet itself kind of reminds me of Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel only it is more geared towards kids it has the same basic set up.

You have been one busy lady today with your updates!! Yay!! I always love reading about your time in the parks.
Those trees weren't there at all a week or so ago. I'm use to seeing big supports like that on newly planted adult trees. We see that all over the high ways, the resorts, and new housing developments.

Gravy on eggs, hmm. I'll try that some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I need to stay in the Little Mermaid Section someday..

Eh why would anyone need Rainbow Sprinkles and M&M's for breakfast???
But then I see my fruit loops
They were sitting right beside the french toast, waffles and pancakes so I assume for that? Or maybe it was for the yogurt? I really don't know either.

I like to snack on dry fruit loops. Do they have that in the UK?

Up next, a boat ride and a jaunt.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #2662
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

That buffet looks amazing!!! It makes me hungry for Disney food all over again.

Ani looks so spiffy with his new hat - I love it!

Now, I need to go back and read the rest of your updates... I always fall so behind in your TR... Sorry about that.

D~
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #2663
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
That buffet looks amazing!!! It makes me hungry for Disney food all over again.

Ani looks so spiffy with his new hat - I love it!

Now, I need to go back and read the rest of your updates... I always fall so behind in your TR... Sorry about that.

D~
I was cranking them out today. Plan to crank them out again on Friday.

He loves his hat, thanks!

The buffet is great and it's rarely crowded there. Usually we just walk right in. That's the first we got a pager for breakfast. They serve lunch too, but the buffet area is not opened for lunch.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #2664
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I forgot to say that the OOP price for the buffet is $16.95 for adults and $10.95 for kids. So it is pricey.

Agreed

Those trees weren't there at all a week or so ago. I'm use to seeing big supports like that on newly planted adult trees. We see that all over the high ways, the resorts, and new housing developments.

Gravy on eggs, hmm. I'll try that some day.

They were sitting right beside the french toast, waffles and pancakes so I assume for that? Or maybe it was for the yogurt? I really don't know either.

Up next, a boat ride and a jaunt.

I bet you're right about the sprinkles being for yogurt.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #2665
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bet you're right about the sprinkles being for yogurt.
I see there was whipped cream and strawberry sauce in the picture too.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #2666
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I see there was whipped cream and strawberry sauce in the picture too.
Oh those I bet they were for waffles. My mom used to make my kids waffles with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Yuck
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #2667
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:

Healthy! Sprinkles on Waffles.. I love Disney

They don't have the good Fruit Loops that America have over here.. One of the supermarkets got the cheap version which has three colours and they taste of nothing. They aren't as nice as the American ones.. I tend to live on those and Lucky Charms when I go to Florida.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #2668
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh those I bet they were for waffles. My mom used to make my kids waffles with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Yuck
I agree, yuck. My MIL like powdered sugar on hers. I don't really care for doughy things. But when I do eat a waffle it's smothered in maple syrup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Healthy! Sprinkles on Waffles.. I love Disney

They don't have the good Fruit Loops that America have over here.. One of the supermarkets got the cheap version which has three colours and they taste of nothing. They aren't as nice as the American ones.. I tend to live on those and Lucky Charms when I go to Florida.
Those are my 2 favorites too. Though I also like frosted flakes. I'm not much of a cereal eater either.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #2669
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The buffet looks delish !!Bummer about the eggs benedict!!I love them too!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #2670
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

LOVE the landscape around the Mermaid section - very neat!!! The murals are great too - but too bad the on is starting to show damage. You would like it would have lasted longer.

Tink is adorable! And I love the pic of Anakin checking out Periwinkles wings and her expression when he talked to her about singing. Anakin has the greatest expressions when talking to characters.

By the way - love the hat! Perfect for boy or girl. Fits him perfect.

Oh, my the buffett looks great! Good thing I just ate lunch. Going to add that to my list of places to go when we go next year. Even with the price - there is so much food you will not spend much on food the rest of the day! And gravy is good on anything!!

Got your continuing ed done?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: