Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #2641
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope you guys have a blast! Things like that are so much fun! I can hardly wait to hear about your adventures!!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #2642
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Love the little new changes at POP...hope you guys are having fun at MNSSHP! So jeaolous...but check out the new ticker!

GRRRRR...I have not used photobucket for awhile and apparently while I was gone they changed everything up! Now I can't do anything.

Last edited by momabaarjo; 09-30-2012 at 08:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #2643
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hope you had fun at MNSSHP! Cant wait to hear the adventures and how the dance party was.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #2644
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I hope you all had a great time at MNSSHP - I can't wait to hear all about it!

D~
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #2645
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope you had a great time at MNSSHP! and Anakin got to see his Duffy!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2646
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

This is crazy, but I just stopped home to drop off the candy and dirty clothes. Off to acting lessons next. But thanks for checking in! I will get back to you tomorrow. The party was great, It rained a bit, but it didn't affect us at all! We didn't get to do half the stuff we wanted, but we had a great time doing what we did!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2647
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
They don't usually change out that fast. I'm sure they will. But just in case, you know I got your back.
Excellent you grab them and send them to me
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #2648
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Exploring the Mermaid Section...

We left off with the maintanance person fixing the toilet and curtain rod. We dropped off our belongings and left the room with her still working. Headed back to our friends at the food court.

Our next stop was the store. Anakin had forgotten his baseball hat. It was very hot and sunny. He picked out a Disney baseball hat that we weren't sure if it was a woman's or a man's hat. I asked a couple other guests and some cm and nobody knew for sure. Anakin loved this hat so this is the hat we went with. We were now ready to explore AoA.

I was curious if the worker was still in our room so we stopped by there first. She was gone. Our friends liked the view. Mousekeeping was next door, so I asked if I could have a few towels for the pool. Laid them on the table and we were off to explore. We could have walked to the right around the lake and would have been right at the Mermaid section. But we decided to take the bridge. Our friends had seen the Nemo section and the main building when it first opened. But had not seen the Cars or Mermaid. We decided to start with the cars, since we think that is the most awesome area!

Since I already had posted the Cars pictures before, I did not take pictures this day.

However, when we got to the Lion King section we saw something new! misters at the hyenas!

I don't know if you remember from SWW, but our friend passes out from heat, and her husband had a heart attack a few years back, and we had Anakin with us who does not fare well in heat. She was feeling faint and Anakin was seeing spots. So we ducked inside one of the buildings to cool them off.

I was sad to see that the mural was already showing signs of wear and tear and possible destruction. Those murals are so beautiful. I hope there was some type of mistake in it's construction rather than someone purposefully ruining it. But you can see in the picture, the seems are coming apart.

The other one looked fine.

We waited there a bit to cool off. They wanted to press on instead of heading back to the resort. They felt the resort was too far, and the mermaid section was right here. So the plan was to check out the Mermaid, then go sit in the food court for her and Anakin to rest. Dh and I had discussed that he would go get the car from Pop and drive them back to their car.

We were all loving the mermaid section. Except Anakin. He announced that he would NEVER want to stay there. That Ursula freaks him out!!! He said there is no way he'd want to stay in the Ursula section, and no way he'd want to stay in the Triton section looking at the Ursula section. So I guess AoA is our for us unless we get a suite. Cars was my favorite section anyway.

These trees were not here the last time we were.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #2649
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

This is all the further we got. Anakin and our friend could not go on any further. (Anakin had walked on his own from Pop to Nemo.) We went back inside one of the Lion King buildings for them to cool down, then headed to the food court to sit.

She refused to let dh go back to Pop for the car. The odds were in our favor!! The sky suddenly turned overcast. The temperature dropped. A fine mist of rain began. It now felt pleasant outside. We really enjoyed the walk back to Pop. Talking and singing in the rain. We parted ways at the Hippy Dippy Pool. They headed to their car outside the Classic building and we headed around the lake to our room. Anakin rested then played with his toys in the comfort of the airconditioned room! I just breathed in that wonderful Pop Century scent. The one where you know you are at home at Disney!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #2650
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Another great photo tour of Art of Animation! It's too bad that Anakin said that he'd never stay in the Little Mermaid section because of King Triton and Ursula. I can understand his way of thinking though...Ursula is pretty evil looking.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #2651
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

thanks for all the great photos of LM section....can't wait to do all the photo ops with Megan in front of the icons!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #2652
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Another great photo tour of Art of Animation! It's too bad that Anakin said that he'd never stay in the Little Mermaid section because of King Triton and Ursula. I can understand his way of thinking though...Ursula is pretty evil looking.
Thanks! I am going to be cranking them out today. He didn't mind the looks of Triton, but he didn't want to have to look at Ursula. He absolutely hates the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS. Doesn't like the water splashes or ursula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks for all the great photos of LM section....can't wait to do all the photo ops with Megan in front of the icons!
It will be lots of fun for the 2 of you to explore! Each building has different murals too!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #2653
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Tink and Periwinkle then dinner

Sometimes it's tough to make a call to continue on or just stop when Epilepsy is involved. We want him to have a great quality of life and not let Epilepsy control it. At the same time, we don't want to make matters worse.

He begged to go to the Magic Kingdom. Insisted he felt fine. He wanted to play sorcerers of the magic kingdom and see Periwinkle. We drove and parked at the TTC. They were parked us close! Anakin fell asleep in the car. In the monorail, he had some problems. We had to make a judgement call. Stay on and go back to the TTC or go on and take is super easy. He really wanted to go on. We gave him his "magic pill".

We let him get a pack of SMK cards, but not play the outdoor game. Instead we headed to the fairies. It was a 30 minute wait. This was good. It gave us time to observe him, kept him calm and in the air conditioning. He talked to the little boy in front of us who was dressed like Peter Pan.

He loved how Tink's wings glowed! She thought he was funny and was suprised he knew why they glowed. (Too much Disney channel.)

Tink asked him what his talent was. He told her singing. So she asked him to sing for her. Instead of singing he song, he talked to her in sing-song. Tink told him that Periwinkle likes to sing.

We got to Periwinkle and he was still fascinated with the glowing wings.

He asked Periwinkle about her singing. She said she doesn't sing and had no idea where Tink got that notion. Tink must be playing games.

Anakin was hungry. We all decided to head to the Columbia Harbour House.
I had a tuna on white bread. DH had a salad. Anakin had gluten free chicken.

My tea came in a regular cup. DH's ice water came in a Halloween cup.

We decided it was still too hot and humid for Anakin outside. We headed back to the room.

This was our room view at night.

At 9pm we were able to see Illuminations from our room!

The next day, we had nothing planned except for a breakfast ADR at 10:30am.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #2654
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

As I well know, it's hard making the decision on how much to do or not do when you're dealing with someone with epilepsy. I was happy to hear that that Anakin didn't have any real problems and was able to meet the fairies. He always has the sweetest smile when he sees the characters.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #2655
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As I well know, it's hard making the decision on how much to do or not do when you're dealing with someone with epilepsy. I was happy to hear that that Anakin didn't have any real problems and was able to meet the fairies. He always has the sweetest smile when he sees the characters.
Thanks for the understanding.

It was a strange thing. I think maybe it was part of an aura and the med relaxed the brain where the seizure didn't progress. I think the sitting in the w/c for a half hour wait for the fairies helped too.

Thanks. 95% of the time he is that happy boy you see in the character meet and greets. The other 5% is a complete polar opposite. Two years ago, those numbers were switched. So thankful for the medical help we've been able to get him. Occupational therapy helped the most with his new med for OCD/anxiety coming in next.

I'm trying to crank these out. Can't wait to get to MNSSHP!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: