Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #2611
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Glad you all are safe and I hope Grumpy has a better day at school tomorrow with better weather.

Can't wait to hear about the convention!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #2612
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am glad that you guys had fun! Good job Anakin only falling asleep once! That's rough for Grumpy driving through that rain. It is never fun to drive in bad weather. I am glad you guys were spared the worst of it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #2613
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Tink, I wanted to let you know that I am here, and still praying. Hugs to all!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #2614
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I just wanted to stop by to let you know I've been thinking of you and praying for you during Isaac.

D~
Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #2615
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I know it has been quite a while since I posted to your TR... I am still sub'd... just have lost track the last two months. I am not sure quite why time has to go by so quickly.

Just thought I would say hello and make a couple (very late) comments. I guess I may have made some comments...so some of these might seem redundant.

CP - I think that they characters and cm's there tend to be wonderful. Food... well that seems to be hit or miss. I did have breakfast there for the first time in December and was AMAZED. Yum. Glad you gave it another try.

Frontier Donald - How cute is he? Funny that Anakin knew he was different

Harvey bags - LOVE THEM! I wish they were not so spendy.

AoA- What neat pics! I have a single night booked next month in the little mermaid room and I am pretty excited about it. Wow, looking at the map you showed...wow that section looks like it is out pretty far from the Animation Hall. I know that dd would love to stay in the Lion King section... but we certainly don't need a suite for just one night.

The water area in Fantasyland - Looks like Anakin had a fun time. Those water play areas are always such a huge hit!

Running out of Cards - Good for Anakin for not being too upset. Phewy on Disney for not ordering enough cards

CRT sword - That was very kind of that couple. This is one thing I just love about Disney trips... the pixie dust that everyone is willing to spread around.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #2616
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone! Thanks for hanging in there. Starting the Celebration VI trip report. Here is the link http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2946343&page=30

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Glad you all are safe and I hope Grumpy has a better day at school tomorrow with better weather.

Can't wait to hear about the convention!
He had a great first week of school. He enjoys his classes! The rest of the week's weather was perfect!

I started the convention TR!

How are your classes going? I hope your surgery is healing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am glad that you guys had fun! Good job Anakin only falling asleep once! That's rough for Grumpy driving through that rain. It is never fun to drive in bad weather. I am glad you guys were spared the worst of it.
We were so blessed. There was some flooding on the gulf and on the Atlantic, also some erosion as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were hit by the hurricane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Tink, I wanted to let you know that I am here, and still praying. Hugs to all!!!
Appreciate it! I'm still here too, dh has one more day of vacation. We are enjoying it to the fullest!

Classes are in full swing though too. Anakin is starting acting and singing classes this fall. Both are on Mondays, just different times and different places. He is excited to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I just wanted to stop by to let you know I've been thinking of you and praying for you during Isaac.

D~
Thanks for thinking of us and praying for us. Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I know it has been quite a while since I posted to your TR... I am still sub'd... just have lost track the last two months. I am not sure quite why time has to go by so quickly.

Just thought I would say hello and make a couple (very late) comments. I guess I may have made some comments...so some of these might seem redundant.

CP - I think that they characters and cm's there tend to be wonderful. Food... well that seems to be hit or miss. I did have breakfast there for the first time in December and was AMAZED. Yum. Glad you gave it another try.

Frontier Donald - How cute is he? Funny that Anakin knew he was different

Harvey bags - LOVE THEM! I wish they were not so spendy.

AoA- What neat pics! I have a single night booked next month in the little mermaid room and I am pretty excited about it. Wow, looking at the map you showed...wow that section looks like it is out pretty far from the Animation Hall. I know that dd would love to stay in the Lion King section... but we certainly don't need a suite for just one night.

The water area in Fantasyland - Looks like Anakin had a fun time. Those water play areas are always such a huge hit!

Running out of Cards - Good for Anakin for not being too upset. Phewy on Disney for not ordering enough cards

CRT sword - That was very kind of that couple. This is one thing I just love about Disney trips... the pixie dust that everyone is willing to spread around.
Thanks for commenting! The Little Mermaid section isn't that far away from Animation Hall. I took more pictures last week when we ate at Landscapes of Flavor again during Star Wars Celebration VI. You'll see better mermaid pictures then.

The new wait area at Dumbo looks great too. Though I'm not sure how much Anakin would be able to do there. The skill level looked more than what he is capable of doing. There was climbing and things like that.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #2617
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
He had a great first week of school. He enjoys his classes! The rest of the week's weather was perfect!

That is good to hear! I bet he will LOVE college, especially since he gets to take all those fun culinary classes!

I started the convention TR!

I saw, can't wait til it really gets going.

How are your classes going? I hope your surgery is healing well.

I do seem to be healing well from surgery, MUCH better than last time! I just joined a chronic pain/illness support group on campus and it is already such a blessing. My classes are going okay, I love all of them but Genetics, it's really bringing me down. I survived Physics and Organic Chemistry but something about Genetics really grinds my gears. UGH. I'm also having issues with my adapted PE teacher being accommodating (and rude) but hopefully that will be sorted out soon... What classes are Grumpy taking?

Classes are in full swing though too. Anakin is starting acting and singing classes this fall. Both are on Mondays, just different times and different places. He is excited to start.
Oh my, I bet Anakin will be great at acting, he is so expressive and energetic! I used to be good at acting in my younger days, not sure what happened.

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 09-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #2618
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Glad classes are going well. Hope that one instructor becomes accomodating.

He is taking a Roman history class, a management class, speech, and a serve safe course.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #2620
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
very happy!! We booked a disney vacation for the mustang convention!! Thanks for the heads-up, jmskinner!
wahoo...now you have to tell me what the mustang convention is!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #2621
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
wahoo...now you have to tell me what the mustang convention is!
Mustangs at Mickyard. Held Labor Day weekend at Disney Speedway! Not sure if we are going as registering a mustang or just going as spectators.

Now we also have another event on the calendar. We are going to MNSSHP for the first time in 7 years!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #2622
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Part 1: Check in. There's someone in our room!

Part 1: Check in. There's Someone in our Room!!??

I'm skipping a whole bunch of day trips and fast forwarding, or perhaps rewinding back to two weekends ago. It was our bounceback from May's trip to Coronado Springs. This time we stayed only two nights at Pop Century Resort.

We arrived at the resort around noon. I checked in while Dh and Anakin went to the food court to meet up with friends of ours.

The room was ready and I was handed the check in packet! They even gave us a credit because Grumpy wasn't with us, so we didn't have to pay the 3rd adult fee! This brought the room down to about $66/night!!!

At the food court, I decided to try something different. I got the vegetarian calzone. DH got the meatball sandwich. Anakin got a gluten free pizza with pepperoni.

Anakin did not like his pizza. Not sure if it was the crust or the parmesan cheese he loaded on it. I tasted it and didn't like it either. He said he wasn't really hungry anyway. He had eaten breakfast before we left.

Our friends were very disappointed. They are on a special diet (I think Atkin's). They are locals and this was their first time eating at Pop since June. They always get a greek salad. There was no Greek salad. Now the salad choice is a build your own. That would have been great, but they didn't like any of the salad dressing choices. They asked if there was still Ken's Greek salad dressing available. They were told no. So they ended up getting a chicken sandwich minus the bread. As I said, they were disappointed and probably won't go back to POP until they are off their diet.

Our friends are snow birds and they hadn't checked out AoA since they left in early June. Our plan was to leave them in the food court while we find the room, unpack the car then meet back up with them. We didn't think it would take too long.

Upon check in, I asked where abouts in building 3 our room was located. The cm drew a mark on the map where he thought we were. Unfortunately that was incorrect. We parked the car in one of the 50's lots, the one that shares parking with the Little Mermaid section.

Then we were off on a search for the room with our bags. I packed well this time! One suitcase for all our clothing and a cosmetic bag. Anakin had his own suitcase packed with his toys.

The parking was by building 2. We had to walk pass there to building 3. We should have followed the path along the lake, but the cm showed thought we were on the other side of the building. So we walked a straight line through building 2 to building 3. Saw the area he said was incorrect, so we asked mousekeeping. She told us where to go, and another mousekeeper walked us almost to our room!!

We ended up in a standard room with a lake view! Not just a lake view, but a view of the Little Mermaid section! We also had a lovely view of the smoking area. I was concerned the smell of smoke would enter our room, but that never happened!

When we arrived at the room, there was a purple sign in the key slot. It said that someone was in our room performing maintanance.

Apparently she was in there because the toilet didn't work and a curtain rod was broken. It sure would have been nice to be told this at check in!! Good thing we had taken that hour to eat lunch before going to our room. Too bad, I didn't use the restroom at the Classic Hall though, lol.

She was very sweet. She allowed Anakin to watch her and explained what she was doing.

We put our suitcases in the room and I took pictures. I was tempted to ask her if I could take a picture of her working, but I didn't. I just took room pics.

I don't remember the last time we stayed at Pop. Whenever it was, Pop did not have refrigerators. Now they have a mini-fridge in the room!

The shampoo bottles changed since our CSR stay in May! Back then we got Tink bottles that had a grapefruit scent. This time it was an all in one shampoo/conditioner in a Mickey bottle with and the scent was Blushing Orange. I thought the Mickey cap topper was just adorable!!

Another change since our last Pop stay was the addition of free wifi!!

We left her to her work and went back to the food court to meet our friends. Our room was a quick walk to the food court!

Up next...exploring the AoA, in particular the Little Mermaid Section.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #2623
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

bummer about the lunch...know Anakin probably had fun with the maintenance lady! nice view!

yup the value's now have fridges , next they need the coffee pots!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #2624
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
bummer about the lunch...know Anakin probably had fun with the maintenance lady! nice view!

yup the value's now have fridges , next they need the coffee pots!

I'm not a coffee drinker so that wouldn't make a difference for me. But the refrigerator was such a convenience!! Anakin is a huge milk drinker. It was nice to be able to keep a bottle of milk in their.

My lunch and dh's lunches were very good!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #2625
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

That's too bad about the menu changes. I am not a fan of too much parmesan on my pizza. It may be a texture thing. I can hardly wait to see the next installment.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: